Summer Glau in Keith Urban's Long Hot SUMMER music video!

15 Aug 2011
Fermi 25 Comments

Music Video by Keith Urban performing Long Hot Summer. The video, directed by Trey Fanjo, was shot in Malibu, Ca.

Manufactured by Capitol Records Nashville, 3322 West End Avenue, 11th Floor, Nashville, TN 37203

At the beginning of the video we see Summer Glau walking down the 500 block of South Broadway in Los Angeles. A friend picks her up in a blue convertible on South Broadway near the intersection of Sixth Street and they drive down to the beach at Pacific Coast Highway, Malibu, California. It seems like Summer had a blast shooting this video.

Keith Urban - Long Hot SummerKeith Urban - Long Hot SummerKeith Urban - Long Hot Summer

In the music video, Keith Urban and his band are performing on the sand, where the couple meet up later on in the video.
The two lovers are played by Summer Glau and Alexander Rodriguez (actor/model appeared in Hot 'n' Cold by Katy Perry). Alex plays a surfer who's in love with Summer, who has come and met him at the beach with a friend, which is pretty far away, so a road trip is added in as well. It looks like they plan on having a party since there is quite a few of them, and obviously the connection is still there. A basic and simplistic narrative, that captures you no matter what.

Trivias:

Message #1 | REG | 23 May 2012, 15:06 GMT

this is one of my favorite videos of Summer. i downloaded it to my computer and phone so i can watch it anytime!! biggrin

Message #2 | chrisdvanne | 18 Aug 2011, 09:15 GMT

A few articles online start to mention Summer Glau on Keith Urban's clip :

In "Long Hot Summer", Urban goes to the beach, jamming with his band in the sand during a warm day. "Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles" actress Summer Glau stars in the video, playing a girl in convertible.

Source : New Videos: Keith Urban's 'Long Hot Summer'

Keith’s brand new video is out now and features beaches, bikinis, convertibles, and even a summer star – actress Summer Glau.

Source : Keith Urban Celebrates Our ‘Long Hot Summer’ http://wycd.radio.com/2011....CZPurGN

Message #3 | chrisdvanne | 16 Aug 2011, 14:22 GMT

I'm sure Keith Urban had this in mind when Summer was hired for the clip.

Message #4 | chrisdvanne | 16 Aug 2011, 16:23 GMT

Find an article mentioning Summer Glau :

Read more: [Video] Keith Urban Celebrates Our ‘Long Hot Summer’ http://wycd.radio.com/2011....CZPurGN

Message #5 | Devo | 16 Aug 2011, 00:41 GMT

I think the twitter response is proving to the contrary.

I think it is a good idea just to keep her name out of the articles for now because of the trolls. I don't think the people watching the video will like her more or less if they are told her name first.

And the people who do like her a lot will google it. smile

Message #6 | ogy86 | 15 Aug 2011, 21:07 GMT

I like rock music and the like. But I think this song is ok. And there is Summer, of course:-D

Message #7 | chrisdvanne | 15 Aug 2011, 21:52 GMT

The music itself is new but there was no clip before this one.

Message #8 | chrisdvanne | 15 Aug 2011, 22:36 GMT

I have made a little research and Summer Glau is never mentioned in the articles dedicated to the clip; is it not possible to love country and scifi at the same time?

Edit : one site has maybe recognized Summer, though i'm not 100% sure.

thebootdotcom The Boot
Is it getting hot in here, or is it just @KeithUrban? Grab your sunscreen & check out his 'Long Hot Summer' video: aol.it/nfnmRu

Message #9 | Devo | 15 Aug 2011, 23:35 GMT

It is almost better for the readers to watch the video and ask themselves "Who's that girl?" than be told they should love her.

Suave marketing.

Message #10 | chrisdvanne | 15 Aug 2011, 23:41 GMT

Still, i'm suprised; i can understand that the blond girl or the beach boy are not mentioned because they're anonymous models.
Do you really think people watching this clip will ask who this girl is : they will just think she's another model imo.

Message #11 | Jason_Connor | 15 Aug 2011, 21:03 GMT

awesome song and video, I'm a country music fan and of course a Summer Glau fan so i'm really surprised there wasn't any news about this

Message #12 | chrisdvanne | 15 Aug 2011, 20:43 GMT

Keith Urban is said to be a country singer but as said Devo, it sound like pop music to me.
The best part is not the music though imo biggrin

Message #13 | 10000Days | 15 Aug 2011, 20:08 GMT

I really hope you're right.

Message #14 | Devo | 15 Aug 2011, 20:35 GMT

Good for career.

Summer looks gorgeous and is sure to peak interest in CMT viewers and at places that play the video.

I am not a big fan of pop music but I think this is a good song for one that seems like it was dedicated to her. Those songs are hard to write.

I like that Last Days of Summer song that was fan made. I'm In Love With a Terminator is pretty cool too. But Keith has millions of fans... of course this is good. smile

Message #15 | 10000Days | 15 Aug 2011, 20:05 GMT

A crappy song from a crappy band. But hey it's got Summer in it so I am not complaining.

Message #16 | ogy86 | 15 Aug 2011, 20:01 GMT

I also think that she did it for friends or for fun. Probably not for money - Something like that is not much paid

Message #17 | Blazius | 15 Aug 2011, 19:29 GMT

Impact on career?

Message #18 | chrisdvanne | 15 Aug 2011, 19:41 GMT

Have you ever heard a video clip had ever had an impact on an actress's career?
Most of the time they do it for fun or because they like the artist.
At least this is 100% happyness for us fans.

Message #19 | Blazius | 15 Aug 2011, 19:22 GMT

I'm also curious if this is good or bad.

Message #20 | ogy86 | 15 Aug 2011, 19:28 GMT

Now is even this a rainy summer day more beautiful! She just shines in this video!

Message #21 | chrisdvanne | 15 Aug 2011, 19:21 GMT

Keith Urban - Summer Glau fan.
Long Hot Summer is going to be my favorite song.
Nice Summer Glau surprise, thanks for posting Fermi!

Message #22 | ogy86 | 16 Aug 2011, 05:24 GMT

Song about the summer and in video clip plays an actress who is name Summer. Nice :-D

Message #23 | Fermi | 15 Aug 2011, 19:18 GMT

How cool is this?

Message #24 | Frank | 24 Aug 2013, 19:57 GMT

Nice composition. Keith Urban and this music reminds me about pop-rock band called "Nickelback". I welcome the fact that someone creates clips with Summer, but the behavior of the actor Alexander F. Rodriguez cause in me feelings like jealousy.

Message #25 | Nick95 | 28 Mar 2015, 21:34 GMT

Good song, really!
In this video Summer is wonderful, i have no words to describe her...
When she kisses she is absolutely wonderful...<3