Knights of Badassdom: Behind The Scenes Clip with Summer

23 Jan 2014
chrisdvanne 8 Comments

Summer Glau talks Knights of Badassdom, her character Gwen, Larping and more in an exclusive featurette published by IGN. The two minutes long behind-the-scenes video includes never seen before footage with Gwen (Summer Glau) and her Larping friends played by Peter Dinklage, Ryan Kwanten, Steve Zahn, Danny Pudi and Jimmi Simpson. It will be great to see Summer Glau wielding that sword as Gwen. (plus her outfit is really cool). Enjoy this behind-the-scenes clip!

UPDATE:  Watch Summer Glau and Ryan Kwanten in another clip. Summer Glau's character Gwen is kicking major ass in style and looks lovely in the process. Enjoy hot, ass kicking LARPer Gwen fight scene

Find below a sample of the screen captures we made from this Knights of Badassdom featurette with Summer Glau and head over to the Gallery for the rest.

Knights of Badassdom featurette with Summer GlauKnights of Badassdom featurette with Summer GlauKnights of Badassdom featurette with Summer GlauKnights of Badassdom featurette with Summer Glau

[Knights of Badassdom Behind The Scenes Clip]

It's so sweet to hear Summer talk about her role in the movie. We hope this video will get you even more excited to see Knights of Badassdom through a Tugg screening near you, on VOD or on DVD/Blu-ray when it's available.

Message #1 | chrisdvanne | 28 Jan 2014, 21:56 GMT

Just in case you were wondering, this Knights of Badassdom featurette was probably made at the same time of the trailer shown at Comic Con 2011. They were both made by a company specialized in movie trailers, hence the quality of this featurette, in comparison with the new clips released recently.

That also means they probably made similar behind-the-scenes clip with other main actors.

Message #2 | chrisdvanne | 23 Jan 2014, 10:33 GMT

I half of the scenes with Summer Glau seen in this featurette are actually in the movie, then I have no worry about her screen time and the weight of her role.

Could someone who has seen the movie confirm (or not) that all the scenes with Summer are in the final cut? I'm thinking in particular about the scene on the bench with Jimmy Simpson.
UPDATE: I'm happy to report that all scenes shown there are in the movie.

Message #3 | chrisdvanne | 23 Jan 2014, 17:09 GMT

As termi-ninja-tor noticed, Summer looks relax and sophisticated when interviewed in this video.

She's not that bad when's she talking about her movies or tv shows but as soon as the interview deviate from her comfort zone she become anxious and The Late Late show happens. In TV and even more importantly in the movie business, being able to promote your movie/tv show is essential. I have always wondered if Summer's clumsiness in interviews would have played a negative role in the event producers had to choose between two actresses at the last stage of the casting process for a leading role.

Message #4 | Fermi | 23 Jan 2014, 20:18 GMT

This movie looks very promising.

Message #5 | chrisdvanne | 24 Jan 2014, 02:04 GMT

Do you think Joe Lynch was trying to pay homage to Summer's fight scenes in Serenity? I'm asking because when I first heard about this movie, I thought that maybe Summer was hired to play a parody of River (which I would not like very much) but after seeing that behind the scenes video, I see that Gwen he's a completely different character from River.

Message #6 | REG | 24 Jan 2014, 08:15 GMT

this is my most anticipated movie of this year!! i can't wait to see it!! it's like she is Xena 2.0 but so so so much better! biggrin

Message #7 | chrisdvanne | 24 Jan 2014, 10:37 GMT

Judging from the comments from bloggers and fans who attented early screenings, it's filled with references to classic horror movies. I'm sure I will miss most of them but it won't prevent me from enjoying the movie when I see it.

Message #8 | chrisdvanne | 24 Jan 2014, 10:38 GMT