menu
person
Category: Help for the Holidays |

Help for the holidays - Summer's fairy look and a major spoiler

Summer Glau filmed on August a Christmas movie for the US channel Hallmark in which her character, Christine Prancer, is an elf. Make-up artist Michael Spezzano, who worked on the movie, posted on his blog another photo of Summer taken during the filming.

This new photo reveals quite a bit on Summer's look on the movie. Like in Spezzano's previously posted photo,  this one shows Summer Glau's pointy ears, which as we know any good elf should have; but we have also a good look at her final makeup and costume.

Have you ever seen a better looking Elf?

Help for the holidays - Summer's fairy look

The photo is accompanied by the following commentary, that explains Spezzano's choice of makeup (Mary Lou Manizer by theBalm), gives a summary of the movie plot and a major spoiler on Summer's role :

I used this [honey-hued luminizer] on my actress SUMMER GLAU, on my last movie, HELP FOR THE HOLIDAY'S, where she played a Elf from Santa's Village that comes to the real world to help a family re-discover Christmas spirit, and falls in love in the process. So I wanted her too look fairy-like through the whole film.

'Help for the Holidays' is set to premiere on December 9, 2012 on the Hallmark Channel

More infos/gossip on the filming, including a glimpse of Summer's elf costume :

12 Sep 2012 | Tags: Christmas, elf, tv movie, Movie, Christine Prancer, Help for the Holidays, Hallmark
  Message #1 | chrisdvanne_ | 12 Sep 2012, 09:18 GMT [Entry]

Spezzano said : "I wanted her too look fairy-like through the whole film."

I think the makeup artist did a good job, Summer looks gorgeous. What do you think?

Message #2 | chrisdvanne_ | 12 Sep 2012, 12:44 GMT [Entry]

You're right Teddy!
I guess the makeup matches Summer's character in the movie; she plays a "good" elf and the bright makeup reflect that character trait.

Message #3 | Cam | 12 Sep 2012, 12:56 GMT [Entry]

Now I'm SOOO looking forward to the movie. biggrin Sounds so cute and fun.

Message #4 | robbo | 12 Sep 2012, 21:13 GMT [Entry]

summers eyes are absolutely sparkling and a glowing face she looks really stunning and cute beautiful photo happy

Message #5 | KevinInEngland | 14 Sep 2012, 00:48 GMT [Entry]

She looks great but Mike Spezzano should have considered his wording.
Summer Glau is not 'his actress'
and
Help for the holidays is not his film..... is it?

Great picture... one of the best.

Message #6 | chrisdvanne_ | 14 Sep 2012, 06:01 GMT [Entry]

Hi Andrei, thanks for taking the time to post a comment.

Yes, i think many people here will agree with you smile

My dream is that more people will aknowledge it and Summer Glau will get the fame she deserves.

Message #7 | chrisdvanne_ | 14 Sep 2012, 06:18 GMT [Entry]

Yes that particular wording struck me too; i guess that's just the way people in charge of a department (makeup in this case) talk, just like a fashion designer would say "my model". I think he meant no harm, as proven by the nice words he had for Summer.

Help for the Holidays is not The Lord of the Rings, i think mike applied just the right amount of makeup to make it look unreal but not too exaggerated at the same time. And Summer looks radiant indeed, she really glows, which is perfect for the role.

Only registered users can add comments.