menu
person
Welcome to summer-glau.com, your fan source for all things Summer on the web. Browse around the site and visit our growing GALLERY housing over 65,000 photos. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter and Facebook and be sure to visit the site again!
Category: Convention |

Ask Summer a question during Comic Con Paris

Ask Summer a question during Comic Con Paris
Ask Summer a question during Comic Con Paris

Summer is at Comic Con Paris, France, this weekend to meet her fans. A photographer who has a press accreditation kindly offered me to ask Summer a question directly, as far as possible and depending on the organization of the event. If you have a question for Summer you want to get answered, send it my way and with a bit of luck Summer herself will answer it during the convention.

UPDATE: I finally chose a question from SConnorJ related to Summer's new project. My partner Brice was able to ask Summer that question and, icing on the cake, a fan filmed Summer's answer.

To get your what-do-I-want-to-ask-Summer juices flowing, I'll share below a few of the things I'm dying to know about her.

• Why haven't you been cast as a superheroine or supervillain in the Marvel cinematic universe?
  • You mentioned in a recent interview for a French TV magazine that you'll be shooting next month in a new sci-fi program. Can you tell us a bit more about it?
  • The TSCC finale left fans with a huge cliffhanger and wanting to know what would have happened in S03. What can you tell them?
  • How does playing Isabel Rochev in Arrow feel compared to some of your roles in the past?
  • In your opinion, what would River put on the pilot console while she pilots Serenity (such as Wash did with dinosaurs)?
  • Do you feel typed as an science fiction specialist since your role in Firefly or have the scripts offered to you had appropriate variety?

26 Oct 2018
  Message #1 | chrisdvanne | 26 Oct 2018, 16:12 GMT

A question from SConnorJ:
"That's tough, there are a lot of things one could ask her, not many of which would probably get an answer we haven't heard before. I guess any question you choose to ask would probably need to be future-oriented. I don't think asking about her previous shows would be very productive. I have to say I am curious as to why she suddenly decided to take this role, a few weeks ago it seemed like we'd be waiting at least another year and to be honest she seemingly thought the same seeing as she canceled a con appearance for this. Not sure how much information she'd give in this regard but I'd be curious to know what is special enough about this role to prompt the sudden shift out of retirement."

Message #2 | Kyle | 26 Oct 2018, 17:17 GMT

Was Cameron actually re-programmed by John Connor?

She recognised John Henry, and we never saw what happened in the room with Derek that left him so terrified of her. Even odder that he was left alive. Furthermore, throughout the first season, Cameron always says "I was re-programmed by John, I was sent back by John. Not to mention, "you take orders from John" "Not this John".

It seems to me Cameron was created and sent back by John Henry to ensure his own existence, but apparently grew attached to John Connor and fell in love with him along the way, hence why she tried so hard to avert her fate. Weaver mentions computers breaking their own programming in "Samson and Delilah" as crossing against the light. Obviously, that episode is a big one in terms of Cameron's development, so what is Summer's opinion on this?

Was Cameron an emissary of John Henry, posing as an agent of John Connor?

Message #3 | chrisdvanne | 26 Oct 2018, 17:25 GMT

At Kyle:

Wow, that's a theory I've never seen before. I'm not entirely convinced that John re-programmed Cameron in the future, nor am I convinced that John sent her back. She could have done these two things by herself.

This is a great question...for the writers. Sure, Summer had plenty of time to think about her character and the way she wanted to play it. But I don't think she could answer this very precise question.

Message #4 | Kyle | 26 Oct 2018, 17:48 GMT

Yeah, I sort of lost track there.

I suppose a more precise question for Summer would be

"When portraying Cameron, did you operate under the assumption that she was sentient or just trying to fool John Connor?"

Message #5 | chrisdvanne | 26 Oct 2018, 18:09 GMT

At Kyle:

Yes, that is an excellent question. I will forward it to the photographer.

Message #6 | Jimmy PK | 26 Oct 2018, 20:58 GMT

Chris? Please tell me how to submit a question.

Much Appreciated!
Jimmy PK

Message #7 | chrisdvanne | 26 Oct 2018, 22:24 GMT

At JimmyPK
Write your question here and I will forward it (in fact I'm in contact with several people who might be able to ask Summer a question). It's that simple