Arrow: Season 2 Premiere Title and More Infos

16 Jul 2013
chrisdvanne 18 Comments

Summer Glau's character in Arrow is expected to appear first in the season two premiere of the CW's hit superhero drama.

The Season 2 Premiere of Arrow will be called "City of Heroes" and this episode will see the introduction of Adam Donner, the new Assitant District Attorney (ADA) and Laurel Lance's new boss.
Source: SpoilerTV

The title of the episode fits the description of the new season given by Arrow co-creator and executive Marc Guggenheim: "Season 2 is all about Oliver Queen going from vigilante to being a hero..."

Summer Glau in Arrow season two as DC comics character Isabel Rochev

Warning, the following photos and informations contain spoilers!

Some exclusive, new photos from the set of CW’s Arrow season 2 also surfaced online; they feature new looks at actress Katie Cassidy, who plays Laurel Lance, and Stephen Amell, who plays Oliver Queen, in action out in Vancouver, Canada. The scene they were shooting on july 13, appeared to be a makeshift graveyard scene (presumably Tommy Merlyn's funeral). At one point, Laurel gave Oliver a kiss and a hugging greeting before they started walking.

Katie Cassidy and Stephen Amell on set of Arrow in VancouverKatie Cassidy and Stephen Amell on set of Arrow in VancouverKatie Cassidy and Stephen Amell on set of Arrow in Vancouver

Watch more photos at JustJared

While Summer Glau isn't featured in theses photos, they can be connected to the character she plays. Those who've watched Arrow season one remember that Laurel and Oliver lost Tommy in an emotional scene at the end of the season one finale when his father's destruction machine went off in The Glades. Arrow's writers intended Tommy's death to function as a kind of catalyst for Oliver and Laurel, in the sense that it will affect both their further actions and their romantic relationship. That leaves room for a new love interest in Oliver's life, such as Summer's Isabel Rochev for example.

There's no doubt we’ll get a whole lot of new spoiler this Saturday, July 20th when the Arrow cast and crew shows up at the 2013 San Diego Comic Con. So stay tuned and as usual, read the latest tidbits of information on the forum thread.

On a side note, Just Jared article mentions Katie Cassidy new hair color: “Brown?… blonde?… Maybe both?… Time will tell!". On the same topic, you can vote in our poll: Should Summer Glau Go Blonde on Arrow?

Message #1 | chrisdvanne | 16 Jul 2013, 21:17 GMT

We will publish more informations on Summer Glau's character in the following days, stay tuned!

Message #2 | KevinInEngland | 16 Jul 2013, 21:24 GMT

I personally don't think Summer will be Oliver Queen's love interest because he already knows he is well in to Lauren Lance. Surely Summer(Isabel Rochev) will be more interested in her business for the first few episodes, unless she uses feigned lust for Oliver to con him about her intentions.
What does anyone else think? Will she pretend to love him?

Message #3 | dylangillian | 16 Jul 2013, 21:36 GMT

i don't think that will happen, it happened before with for example the huntress, i think summer (isabel rochev) is like you said more interested in business.

Message #4 | chrisdvanne | 16 Jul 2013, 22:07 GMT

At Kevin, dylangillian

Men of little faith, did you really believe I would suggest such thing if I hadn't enough evidence?

As I said, I will publish more infos soon tongue

Message #5 | KevinInEngland | 16 Jul 2013, 23:10 GMT

Are you telling me the film makers are giving the story away before we've even seen it? Or is it because you are reading the comic Chris?

Message #6 | chrisdvanne | 16 Jul 2013, 23:25 GMT

No, I'm not reading the comics. And as stated before, Arrow writers don't follow the comics storylines, anyway.

And yes, executive producers do unveil some informations when interviewed (at the notable exception of Josh Friedman though); then you just have to read between the lines.

Message #7 | dylangillian | 16 Jul 2013, 23:42 GMT

well i'm glad they do, it gives us something to be busy with while waiting for season 2 to air.

Message #8 | KevinInEngland | 17 Jul 2013, 00:10 GMT

That's true. There'll be plenty to talk about.
It makes me wonder if she will be able to attend Wizard World on 8th August in Chicago.

Message #9 | chrisdvanne | 17 Jul 2013, 00:11 GMT

True!
I will do my best to keep you entertained while waiting for the Fall premiere and hopefully, talking about the show will incite more people to tune in.

Message #10 | robbo | 17 Jul 2013, 00:12 GMT

who cares summer glau is in arrow, one of my favourite tv shows,  im so excited, im about to lose control and i like it, yeah baby, biggrin

Message #11 | KevinInEngland | 17 Jul 2013, 00:29 GMT

Yes, there is always flashbacks to his time on the island. All the nasty things that happened. I take it you all know that his big friend on the island was one of the gladiators in Spartakus on HBO? Yep, it's him.
I never checked out the lady (Celina Jade. She is a quadruple threat: an actress, singer/songwriter, model and martial artist. Born in Hong Kong to American Kung Fu star, Roy Horan (who shared the big screen with the legendary Bruce Lee and Jackie Chan), action fighting has been in Celina's blood from an early age and her passion shows in her lead role in Legendary Assassin.
Come to think of it, was she killed? I can't remember. I think I'll watch the repeats on SKY, they are running at the moment.

Message #12 | chrisdvanne | 17 Jul 2013, 01:10 GMT

I blogged today on Manu Bennett aka Deathstroke the Terminator, read the post at: Arrow: Deathstroke meets another Terminator

Message #13 | dylangillian | 17 Jul 2013, 08:59 GMT

no she wasn't killed, but that might still happen. don't forget that oliver was alone at that island when he got rescued.

Message #14 | chrisdvanne | 17 Jul 2013, 20:35 GMT

So did you read my latest Blog post and did I convinced you that Summer's character will be Oliver's new love interest?

Message #15 | dylangillian | 17 Jul 2013, 21:15 GMT

i read it, and it makes me think it's possible  wink

Message #16 | KevinInEngland | 19 Jul 2013, 21:37 GMT

I haven't heard from you. Did you lose control too much over hearing about Summer in Arrow?

Message #17 | KevinInEngland | 19 Jul 2013, 21:40 GMT

Thanks dylangillian, I haven't seen the repeat yet. Perhaps she will share a commonality with Isabel Rochev(Summer Glau). I'll keep saying the actor names, to familiarize readers with who is who.

Message #18 | dylangillian | 21 Jul 2013, 13:41 GMT

i mostly do that too, i only know a couple of names eitherway