Alphas Season Two Preview

16 Jul 2012
chrisdvanne 6 Comments

Syfy released a new preview for the second season of Alphas that sums up what happened in season one and introduce upcoming season 2; you can catch a glimpse of Summer Glau at 2:20 of the video (see screencap below).

It looks like Summer Glau no longer has tatoos and her hair are different from season one too, might be from Skylar's past. Give your opinion in the comment section.

Summer Glau in Alphas season 2

Alphas season two premieres on Syfy on Monday, July 23 at 10pm ET/PT.

Message #1 | The1Russter | 17 Jul 2012, 00:58 GMT

That is a much better trailer that the previous ones they've released. I like Summer's new look for Skylar, which considering the character is in hiding, would have to change a lot from her prior appearance or automatically be identified wherever she goes. Awesome! Now I'd better get watching S1 again with less than a week to go to the S2 premiere.

Message #2 | Alex | 17 Jul 2012, 02:43 GMT

I like the trailer. Overall I get the impression that they are really amping up the whole second season. I know that it is hard to make comparisons but I can't help but wonder what would have happened if T:TSCC had had a full first season like Alphas. There was a lot of naysaying about Alphas early on but on the whole, it was a good show.

OK, enough remorse. About the clip, you make an interesting point about where in time we are seeing Skylar. Is it earlier, before the tattoos? Or did she have the tattoos removed (perhaps with something she invented)? Or (I can't help it - somebody stop me...), is she wearing a sheath like a terminator would? No, no, no, she is not a terminator; scratch that.

She has three episodes and so perhaps there is an arc that quite reasonably could encompass a past, present, and near future.

Message #3 | chrisdvanne | 17 Jul 2012, 09:32 GMT

This trailer is very informative; it gives us a fair view of season one and introduces season 2.

Obviously, it's made to gain more viewers and not simply go on with the viewers from season 1. Good move Syfy!

Oh, and i have not changed my mind, i prefer Summer Glau without the wig and tatoos; i can understand that it matched the rebellious side of Skylar though.

Message #4 | chrisdvanne | 17 Jul 2012, 09:36 GMT

I've said it numerous times on the forum here, i think the Writers Strike hurt TSCC a lot; maybe it would not have changed the fact that Terminator fans don't like TSCC (i'm simplifying of course) but it would have given the show that little bump in the ratings that would have a made a difference when Kevin Reilly had to decide which show to renew, TSCC or Dollhouse.

Message #5 | REG | 20 Jul 2012, 13:06 GMT

Terminator fans not liking TSCC?! i was one of those initially. i didn't like the concept of a teenage Terminator but as i watched more and more i grew to like it. and it's just a case of bad timing that the first season got cut short. the writers strike affected many shows. had it not occurred i think that TSCC would still be going now.

and lol @ Gary with the towel! you're going to see my fruit ahaha, hilarious.

Message #6 | chrisdvanne | 23 Jul 2012, 18:10 GMT

My thoughts exactly, Richard!

Or at least, TSCC would have had a 3 to 5 years run, similar to Chuck.