TV Series : HAWAII FIVE-0 (2010 - )
Guest appearance: In Hawaii Five-0, Summer Glau plays the daughter of a murdered martial art master, who isn't as innocent as she appeared to be.
Series plot summary : The serie covers the actions of a small special state task force, known by the name of "Five-0", created by the Governor of Hawaii to investigate serious crimes throughout the Islands, as Hawaii does not have a conventional state police force. The team is headed by Reserve Naval officer Steve McGarrett, and investigates crimes ranging from terrorism to kidnapping. McGarrett chooses as his partner Honolulu PD Detective Danny "Danno" Williams. He fills out the team by selecting Chin Ho Kelly, and Chin's cousin, a rookie HPD cop named Kono Kalakaua.
Creator : Leonard Freeman
Network : CBS
Genre : Police procedural | Drama | Action
Production credits : CBS Productions
Alex O'Loughlin : Steve McGarrett
Scott Caan : Danny 'Danno' Williams
Daniel Dae Kim : Chin Ho Kelly
Grace Park: Kono Kalakaua
Taylor Wily: Kamekona
Season 3, Episode 16: 'Kekoa'
Original air date: February 11, 2013
Episode plot summary: Five-0 investigates the murder of a Lua (ancient Hawaiian hand-to-hand combat) master, and McGarrett hires a private investigator to follow his mother. Treat Williams guest stars as the private investigator hired by McGarrett, and Summer Glau guest stars as Maggie Hoapili, the daughter of the Lua master who comes to Five-0 for help.
Director: Larry Teng
Guest cast :
Summer Glau: Maggie Hoapili
Treat Williams: Mick Logan
Here's the promo trailer for the episode:
- The serie is a re-imagining of the original 1968–80 television series Hawaii Five-O, starring Jack Lord.
- The title of the new show uses a zero in place of the letter "O" in the original title.
- Grace Park plays Kono, a role originally played by Zulu. This marks the second time Park has starred in a re-imagined television series playing a role originated by a man, the first being Boomer from the rebooted Battlestar Galactica series, a role played in the original by Herbert Jefferson Jr..
- In the updated series, Steve's middle name is Jack in honor of Jack Lord, who played Steve McGarrett on the original series, while in the original series, Steve's middle name was "Aloysius" (pronounced AL-oh-wish-uss).
- Larry Teng (Director): "I thought Summer Glau was great in this rendition rm scene. She and Taylor (Kamekona) again bring the heavy and help communicate the theme of ohana".