menu
person
Welcome to summer-glau.com, your fan source for all things Summer on the web. Browse around the site and visit our growing GALLERY housing over 65,000 photos. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter and Facebook and be sure to visit the site again!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Summer Glau » Vote For Summer » What is the Best Sci-Fi TV Serie Ever?
What is the Best Sci-Fi TV Serie Ever?
chrisdvanne_ Post # 1 | Friday, 10 Aug 2012 - 07:43
Group: Administrators

ScifiHeaven.net is conducting a new poll : "What is the Best Sci-Fi TV Serie Ever?"

It’s 2012, and before the world ends, it’s time to settle the matter once and for all. Which sci-fi series is the best ever?

While we all know these online polls won't help resurrecting tv shows, getting a little extra exposure for our beloved tv shows is always a satisfaction.

TSCC was not in the list initially but i suggested the blogger to add it, which he did. That makes three Summer Glau shows to vote for in the list : Firefly, TSCC and Dollhouse. You can vote only once.

Link : What is the ultimate Sci-Fi television show?

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

chrisdvanne_ Post # 2 | Friday, 10 Aug 2012 - 08:26
At the moment, Firefly is leading with almost 2 000 votes, probably because a link to the poll has been posted to a Firefly fansite of more than 25 000 members.

Dodctor Who and TSCC are respectively in second and third position :

Firefly (24%, 1,936 Votes)
Doctor Who (14%, 1,177 Votes)
Terminator : The Sarah Connor Chronicles (12%, 1,001 Votes)
Battlestar Galactica (new) (11%, 943 Votes)
The X-Files (9%, 722 Votes)
Star Trek TNG (8%, 660 Votes)
Stargate SG-1 (4%, 360 Votes)
Babylon 5 (4%, 311 Votes)
Farscape (3%, 245 Votes)
Star Trek DS9 (2%, 149 Votes)

Side note : I could not log in the site for days, this is why i didn't create a thread at the SG Wiki earlier; it's fine for me now.

The1Russter Post # 3 | Friday, 10 Aug 2012 - 16:56
Group: Writer
I just visited the site and voted for TSCC and this is the results it displayed (reduced to top 4):

Firefly (22%, 1,943 Votes)
Terminator : The Sarah Connor Chronicles (18%, 1,543 Votes)
Doctor Who (13%, 1,182 Votes)
Battlestar Galactica (new) (11%, 948 Votes)

Top 2 votes go to programs with Summer Glau!

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles REUNION

Alex Post # 4 | Friday, 10 Aug 2012 - 18:48
Group: Bloggers
I voted and did so for T:TSCC. There is a post from the site owner to the effect that he is at a loss to understand how quickly this show shot up in the polls. There is also a tweet on his twitter feed.

He admits that he has never seen the show. If my past experience is any indicator, and the reported experience of others, I think that if he does see an episode then there is a lost weekend coming up in his near future - lost, but certainly not wasted.

If you are going through Hell, keep going.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 5 | Friday, 10 Aug 2012 - 23:43
As Alex said, the author of the poll admits he never watched the show and is asking the readers to tell why TSCC is good sci-fi :

Now, I’ve never watched the show. I know reviews were okay to good, but I expected the show to be a preserve of Terminator fans, a series of which I’ve never been a colossal fan.

Is it really worthy of its second place in the poll at the moment? Why is it so good?

Comments below.

Voting in polls is a good way to draw attention to TSCC but giving your opinion with a few words is even better, all the more that the himself author is asking for it; this is why i invite every TSCC and Summer Glau fans to say in a few words why you voted for TSCC in the poll.

Link : Comments on TSCC

Message edited by chrisdvanne - Saturday, 11 Aug 2012, 00:39

Alex Post # 6 | Saturday, 11 Aug 2012 - 00:22
Group: Bloggers
Done - this is what I posted:

I think the show succeeds in two ways. First off, it provides Summer Glau with a really challenging role in that she has to play an AI being who is very, very close to reaching what Raymond Kurzweill and others have called the Singularity – when an AI becomes more intelligent than its human creators. In one episode in particular, Season 2, episode 4, entitled Allison From Palmdale, she falls into a disassociative fugue state in which she, the cyborg, cannot distinguish between her AI self and the human she is modelled on. Apart from being a tour de force of acting on Ms.Glau’s part, she provides a really interesting portrayal of the types of identity issues might arise with an AI that is so close to being “human”. And that is just one of many episodes. She is thrilling and compelling to watch throughout.

Secondly, it has a strong cast of characters who never lose sight of their purpose which is to fight Skynet. It isn’t just a cast of gung-ho, scrappy fighters taking on the terminator of the week. It is much more than that as the story threads take up the entire two seasons and we see much in the way of character development in the milieu of a very troubled family facing incredible challenges.

It takes a while to get into it. It really requires some work but I believe it is well worth it.

If you are going through Hell, keep going.

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Summer Glau » Vote For Summer » What is the Best Sci-Fi TV Serie Ever?
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: