[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Page 2 of 3«123»
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Summer Glau » Vote For Summer » FHM 100 sexiest
FHM 100 sexiest
BlaziusDate: Wednesday, 08 Feb 2012, 23:27 | Message # 16
Group: Friends
Is there some kind of tech support forum so I can politely ask them why it isn't working for me( I don't see a forum on that page myself)? Seriously I have no problems with any other sites but I can't do anything with this after trying multiple browsers and even computers. I have no idea how this works for you guys.

Summer Glau is so awesome, it isn't even funny!
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne!

BlaziusDate: Friday, 10 Feb 2012, 00:20 | Message # 17
Ok, I finally managed to figure out the problem. I switched to an american proxy server and tried to vote with that. And it worked albeit its slow as hell.

Quote (chrisdvanne)
No i could vote with an Hungarian IP.

Maybe that wasn't a truly Hungarian IP? I have no idea why my IP doesn't work and I can't think of any more reason than that they are blocking Hungarian IPs. Or are they just blocking people randomly?

Another thing is that I'd really like if their and other sites web designers picked up the nice tradition of using error messages again. Otherwise stupid people like me spend whole days trying to figure out that the reason I can't use their site is that they don't like my face on it.

chrisdvanneDate: Friday, 10 Feb 2012, 16:22 | Message # 18
Group: Administrators
WARNING : NOT SUITED FOR WORK OR FOR CHILDREN

I thought for a minute that FHM has released the HD version this morning but it was just FHM South-Africa linking on their website to a (fake HD) version of the Behind the scene photoshoot wacko

Funny thing is that it's a video i upgraded myself to HD with a dedicated sofware, a few months ago cool

"On shoot with Summer Glau" at FHM South-Africa

Here is the accompagnying snippet :

Quote (FHM SA)
Those of you who have spotted her in Firefly or The Cape or Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles need no introduction to the American actress. Those who haven't don't need one either, a smokin' hot babe is a smokin' hot babe no matter which way you cut it...

Of course FHM are doing their job by higlighting the "hot babe" aspect of the video.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Message edited by chrisdvanne - Friday, 10 Feb 2012, 16:25

BlaziusDate: Saturday, 11 Feb 2012, 02:18 | Message # 19
Quote (chrisdvanne)
I thought for a minute that FHM has released the HD version this morning but it was just FHM South-Africa linking on their website to a (fake HD) version of the Behind the scene photoshoot

I wouldn't mind if they released more of their Summer material though( same for Esquire BTW). They are planning it on KOBs release, right?

Quote (chrisdvanne)
Those who haven't don't need one either, a smokin' hot babe is a smokin' hot babe no matter which way you cut it...

Yeah, we knew women are just bodies for them but still they could have been a bit more subtle. I find these lines disturbing especially because its about Summer. Why do they discourage people from learning more about an actress?

chrisdvanneDate: Saturday, 11 Feb 2012, 02:36 | Message # 20
Quote (Blazius)
They are planning it on KOBs release, right?

That's a possibility.

Quote (Blazius)
Yeah, we knew women are just bodies for them but still they could have been a bit more subtle. I find these lines disturbing especially because its about Summer. Why do they discourage people from learning more about an actress?

Don't worry, if FHM have done their job, i have done mine by adding a comment at FHM South Africa, where i quote a friend of mine who is a great admirer of Summer Glau's work of art cool

BlaziusDate: Saturday, 11 Feb 2012, 02:48 | Message # 21
Quote (chrisdvanne)
Don't worry, if FHM have done their job, i have done mine by adding a comment at FHM South Africa, where i quote a friend of mine who is a great admirer of Summer Glau's work of art

Nice smile ! Now its not that horrible with the comment balancing out their disturbing comment. I like the thoughts and style of that friend of yours wink

chrisdvanneDate: Wednesday, 02 May 2012, 08:50 | Message # 22
Summer Glau is not listed in the FHM's 100 Sexiest Women In The World 2012!

Tbh this is not a surprise (refer to the previous comments ).

ThierryDate: Wednesday, 02 May 2012, 09:15 | Message # 23
I am maybe not awake, but where is the button to vote on the website ?????

or like Hungarian, Swiss voters are blocked ?

So much grace is beautiful and peaceful for the mind and the eyes.

chrisdvanneDate: Wednesday, 02 May 2012, 09:33 | Message # 24
Quote (Thierry)
I am maybe not awake, but where is the button to vote on the website ?????

The poll is closed Thierry and Summer did not rank in this year edition of FHM top 100; i give my personal explanation in a blog post.

chrisdvanneDate: Saturday, 09 Feb 2013, 02:08 | Message # 25
Voting is now open in FHM’s 100 Sexiest Women in the World 2013 (see News)

Summer History in FHM's 100 Sexiest Women :
2011 #37 | 2010 #26 | 2009 #16

Summer drops in ranking each year and she did not rank in 2012.
Allow me to reproduce one of my comment from last year contest.

If we have more news about Knights of Badassdom release date, then Summer will climb up in the ranking; because FHM ranking is not based on the votes from people like you and me (even if if it is sold that way).

FHM editors ultimately make the ranking themselves; their criteria is money, like the million dollar Transformer's Michael Bay paid them to crown Rosie Huntington-Whiteley in 2011 (and Megan Fox the year before), but also the press covering they can expect, which is directly linked to the notoriety of the top ten woman; also remember that FHM is a UK company, hence the presence of a lot of page three girls, also known as "glamour models" and finally they try to match the ranking and the upcoming movie of an actress (like what happened with Rosie H-W starring in Transformers 3).

In the FHM's special booklet inwhich they announce the results and show pictures of the 100 Sexiest Woman, there is always a snippet tied to the photo where the upcoming projects of the woman is mentioned and also an enticing comment (FHM is a lad magazine after all).

In 2011, both preview photo or final photo of Summer related to that poll included an article mentioning KOB; and FHM's editor also said that Summer's photoshoot was held back till KOB is released. This is why Summer's final ranking is tied to KOB's release date.

That said, let's try to get her back in the ranking this year.

[Link to Summer Glau's page at FHM]

chrisdvanneDate: Saturday, 09 Feb 2013, 17:00 | Message # 26
People have reported that they can't vote but personally I can vote as many times as i want. Can someone confirm that they can vote as many times they want.

JayDate: Saturday, 09 Feb 2013, 19:47 | Message # 27

Can someone confirm that they can vote as many times they want.

Yep, I can vote. Voted twice already.

Twitter: @KingFRJay94

Message edited by Jay - Saturday, 09 Feb 2013, 19:48

chrisdvanneDate: Monday, 11 Feb 2013, 12:49 | Message # 28
Tech savvy fans have said that your votes don't count after you voted once; maybe it's so. At least Summer Glau is featured in the "GIRLS RECENTLY VOTED ON" widget at FHM, so it means she gets some votes (that they are counted is another story).

Speaking of unbelievable poll results, an unknow model won the FHM contest in 2011, Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, whose only fame was to star in Michael Bay's new Transformer movie. And the 2012 winner was Tulisa Contostavlos (everyone said, this result was a joke), who happens to be UK's X Factor judge, just like former 2010 and 2009 winner Cheryl.
What i'm saying is that the results are not the reflect of the reader's votes but the result of a simple calculation from FHM's editor in chief: what personnality will generate the most important buzz in the UK, or which producer/tv show is ready to give us 1 Million dollar to crown an unknow woman?

chrisdvanneDate: Monday, 06 May 2013, 18:32 | Message # 29
Summer Glau is not on FHM's list of the 100 Sexiest Women In The World 2013.

The winner is a complete unknown to me (not that I don't know who she is, but I have not seen her in movies/tv shows and I don't care): Mila Kunis

ThierryDate: Monday, 06 May 2013, 18:56 | Message # 30
Quote (chrisdvanne)
The winner is a complete unknown to me (not that I don't know who she she is, but I have not seen her in movies/tv shows and I don't care): Mila Kunis

Mila Kunis is worthwile to watch.... especially in the film "The Black Swan" in which she portrays the "dark-side" of Natalie Portman's character.
BTW, this movie is a masterpiece.

Mila Kunis is always present in such charts for several years....

So much grace is beautiful and peaceful for the mind and the eyes.

Message edited by Thierry - Monday, 06 May 2013, 18:57

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Summer Glau » Vote For Summer » FHM 100 sexiest
Page 2 of 3«123»
Search: