menu
person
Welcome to summer-glau.com, your fan source for all things Summer on the web. Browse around the site and visit our growing GALLERY housing over 65,000 photos. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter and Facebook and be sure to visit the site again!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Summer Glau » Vote For Summer » FHM 100 sexiest
FHM 100 sexiest
TaintDate: Monday, 06 Feb 2012, 07:08 | Message # 1
Group: Users
Get your vote on

http://www.fhm.com/girls/covergirls/summer-glau

chrisdvanne_Date: Monday, 06 Feb 2012, 14:05 | Message # 2
Group: Administrators
I know the term used in the previous post can means "brother" under certain circumstances but it's inappropriate here; it will be deleted.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Message edited by chrisdvanne - Monday, 06 Feb 2012, 16:57

FermiDate: Monday, 06 Feb 2012, 14:56 | Message # 3
Quote (chrisdvanne)
I know the term used in the previous post can means "brother" under certain circumstances but it's unappropriate here; it will be deleted.

I think that no racism was intended by the poster

One of the definitions of the word ***** from urban dictionary:

Slang term for homie, friend, buddy, etc., used primarily by African-Americans but has spread to other races as well;
"'Sup my *****?" "How's it hanging my *****?" "Yo, ***** wassup?"

You can't stop the signal!

chrisdvanne_Date: Monday, 06 Feb 2012, 15:09 | Message # 4
As i said in my previous post, i've checked the urban dictionary too.
Firstly, a lot of non-us visitors might find it inappropriate; secondly, when i write that the Summer Glau Wiki is a friendly community, it doesn't mean that a new member can post from the start a slang word as if we were friends for a long time.

Sorry if i sound like an old-fashioned guy but i still find this word is displaced. Having Taint point of view would be useful.

Message edited by chrisdvanne - Monday, 06 Feb 2012, 19:11

AlexDate: Monday, 06 Feb 2012, 16:40 | Message # 5
Group: Bloggers
In all honesty, I would rather that this sort of term not be used, ever, and particularly not on this site.

If you are going through Hell, keep going.

The1RussterDate: Monday, 06 Feb 2012, 16:46 | Message # 6
Group: Writer
If I may offer an opinion on this.

A word or phrase may be perceived as being inappropriate even when not implied as such should the reader be unacquainted with its other uses.

Now you cannot but notice the term used above has its roots in a very inappropriate word. One that causes great strife amongst many. Though the 'newer' term does not imply the hatred of the first, its roots and thus association with the other more negative variety does not give a positive impression on this thread nor for this site.

I am not suggesting censorship in the following, but I would think suggesting to the author of any thread, or any post for that matter, where a word or phrase can draw controversy, that he rephrase his post so that it conveys the same meaning, but without the word or phrase that can be misconstrued as being inappropriate. Any actions taken after is up to the administration, but what you've done above to clarify the usage of the word is a step in the right direction.

I would think we all want to speak positively about Ms. Glau and some maturity and good grammar would go a long way to doing that. Not everyone is well versed in urban slang, and as such I think we should keep our posts to standard English especially for the international visitors to whom urban slang is hard enough to understand. I'm American and I don't understand any of it. It's my impression most of it uses crude or semi crude words or phrases for describing the most commonplace of things or items. Something I would think would not be welcomed here.

Hope this helps.

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles REUNION

Message edited by The1Russter - Monday, 06 Feb 2012, 16:50

FermiDate: Monday, 06 Feb 2012, 16:49 | Message # 7

Hey there Taint. Thank you for informing us about this very important voting and welcome to the wiki.
Usage of slang words with double meaning should be avoided in this discussion forum as readers can interpret it as inappropriate and be offended by it. Therefore I removed the last word in your post.

You can't stop the signal!

riversfeetDate: Monday, 06 Feb 2012, 20:09 | Message # 8
Group: Friends
Summer drops in ranking each year. That is not acceptable! tongue

"My favorite thing about River is that she gets to be barefoot so much of the time. I don't like shoes very much." - Summer Glau

chrisdvanne_Date: Monday, 06 Feb 2012, 21:08 | Message # 9
Quote (riversfeet)
Summer drops in ranking each year. That is not acceptable!

If we have more news about Knights of Badassdom release date, then Summer will climb up in the ranking; because FHM ranking is not based on the votes from people like you and me (even if if it is sold that way).

FHM editors ultimately make the ranking themselves; their criteria is money, like the million dollar Michael Bay paid them to crown Rosie Huntington-Whiteley, but also the press covering they can expect, which is directly linked to the notoriety of the top ten woman, also remember that FHM is a UK company, hence the presence of a lot of page three girls, also known as "glamour models" and finally they try to match the ranking and the upcoming movie of an actress (like what happened with Rosie H-W starring in Transformers 3).

In the FHM's special booklet inwhich they announce the results and show pictures of the 100 Sexiest Woman, there is always a snippet tied to the photo where the upcoming projects of the woman is mentioned and also an enticing comment (FHM is a lad magazine after all).

Last year, both preview photo or final photo of Summer related to that poll included an article mentioning KOB; and FHM's editor said also that Summer's photoshoot was held back till KOB is released. This is why Summer's final ranking is tied to KOB's release date.

What proof do i have to say that : none! It's all based of my experience of last year.

BlaziusDate: Tuesday, 07 Feb 2012, 09:43 | Message # 10
Quote (chrisdvanne)
If we have more news about Knights of Badassdom release date, then Summer will climb up in the ranking; because FHM ranking is not based on the votes from people like you and me (even if if it is sold that way).

In other words our votes are just as useless as in the last few instances and the previous FHM voting. But maybe we should still try to vote just in case( I'm waiting for opinions).

I just hate BTW that it doesn't really matter how superb is Summer she is at a huge disadvantage because everybody is a cheater/plays dirty. Its not really fair and its disgusting a "bit".

BTW I can't seem to be able to vote at the page. When I click on the vote button it does absolutely nothing for me.

Summer Glau is so awesome, it isn't even funny!
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne!

chrisdvanne_Date: Tuesday, 07 Feb 2012, 13:17 | Message # 11
Quote (Blazius)
In other words our votes are just as useless as in the last few instances and the previous FHM voting. But maybe we should still try to vote just in case( I'm waiting for opinions).

A similar logic prevailed for LucyWho "Star of the Day" : you can't let fans decide when publishing or money are at stake.
Of course Michael Bay didn't pay $1M to have her actress on top of the list; Bay and FHM's editors have a common interest for doing this, that's all. Yet i'm convinced the ranking is decided in FHM's editor room, as proven by the fact that Summer was the front runner (as stated in an FHM's article), had a preview picture, a photoshoot made specifically for that poll but suddenly ranked at 37th place, just because she had no major project going on.

That said we must continue to vote in order to show she is supported and deserves to have a decent ranking; i'm just saying the final ranking is disconnected from the real votes, which is easy since we don't see the votes tally in real time.

BTW I can't seem to be able to vote at the page. When I click on the vote button it does absolutely nothing for me.

Same thing is happening to me on another computer and i couldn't solve the problem; i guess it's caused by the browser's settings, the use of AdBlock, wether Javascript is allowed or not, that kind of things.

Message edited by chrisdvanne - Wednesday, 15 Feb 2012, 13:14

BlaziusDate: Tuesday, 07 Feb 2012, 13:49 | Message # 12
Quote (chrisdvanne)
That said we must continue to vote in order to show she is supported and deserves to have a decent ranking; i'm just saying the final ranking is disconnected from the real votes, which is easy since we don't see the votes tally in real time.

I agree, we still has to support Summer to our last breath even if FHM is cheating.

Quote (chrisdvanne)
Same thing is happening to me on another computer and i couldn't solve the problem; i guess it's caused by the browser's settings, the use of AdBlock, wether Javascript is allowed or not, that kind of things.

I've tried it both on Chrome and Firefox and I tampered with script options with no luck. The other 100+ site I'm lurking on works perfectly so I've no idea why this one particular site is broken for me. I guess its glitchy because they think if they are popular and rich they can get on with a barely functioning site as well.

I'm still working on it because I really want to support Summer but this is just ridiculous . I appreciate further suggestions as well if somebody has any.

Joe73Date: Wednesday, 08 Feb 2012, 21:53 | Message # 13
It works to day in Chrome

Thats a window bird.

BlaziusDate: Wednesday, 08 Feb 2012, 22:03 | Message # 14
Quote (Joe73)
It works to day in Chrome

Still no luck for me and I tried on another machine too sad

I have no idea what might be the problem. Are they blocking Hungarian voters or what?

chrisdvanne_Date: Wednesday, 08 Feb 2012, 22:26 | Message # 15
Quote (Blazius)
I have no idea what might be the problem. Are they blocking Hungarian voters or what?

No i could vote with an Hungarian IP.

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Summer Glau » Vote For Summer » FHM 100 sexiest
  • Page 1 of 3
  • »
Search: