[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Page 4 of 5«12345»
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Summer Glau » Vote For Summer » Who is your Firefly crush?
Who is your Firefly crush?
termi-ninja-torDate: Wednesday, 07 Dec 2011, 07:46 | Message # 46
Group: Friends
Quote (Blazius)
What if she finds a handsome 18 years old she really wants to be with biggrin ?

Well, you may be right that Summer would likely be a dream girlfriend for every adult male regardless of age. And no, 30 is definitely not that old that she'd have to feel bad about being with somebody in his twenties.

Summer would indeed be a dream date.

I can imagine taking her out for dinner and an evening on the town, dancing, listening to cool music, watching a show or stage act, etc.

Message edited by termi-ninja-tor - Wednesday, 07 Dec 2011, 07:52

FordStaffDate: Wednesday, 07 Dec 2011, 08:09 | Message # 47
Is that something Summer actually wears around? I have never seen pics of her at a convention with anything like that, not even the colors, but she does look good in black.

Keep Flying - Not much, but it's enough.

termi-ninja-torDate: Wednesday, 07 Dec 2011, 08:23 | Message # 48
Quote (FordStaff)
Is that something Summer actually wears around? I have never seen pics of her at a convention with anything like that, not even the colors, but she does look good in black.

Gee, I have no idea what she would wear on a real date.

I agree that I haven't seen her wearing outfits like this in any of the candid pics from conventions or on the street. I would guess that this is not her natural clothing style choice.

But I must say that she looks pretty hot dressed like this. (I like it!)

The pics of her from TSCC often had her dressed in black or in black leather outfits. I guess they might have thought these made her look more intimidating (terminator-ish), like Arnie.

Message edited by termi-ninja-tor - Wednesday, 07 Dec 2011, 08:31

FordStaffDate: Wednesday, 07 Dec 2011, 08:31 | Message # 49
The pics of her from TSCC often had her dressed in black or in black leather outfits. I guess they might have thought these made her look more intimidating, like Arnie.

It most certainly was intentional, she is far more intimidating in these clothes than she is in what she normally wears (if the convention pictures are good representation that is). They would want her to seem intimidating as Cameron. Normally she wears pretty bright colors from what I have seen, and she looks anything but intimidating, pretty much the opposite really - very welcoming. Black is a good color to wear to look more intimidating (or hot/sexy) that is for sure, not just for women either (don't you dare start with the gay jokes).

Keep Flying - Not much, but it's enough.

Message edited by FordStaff - Wednesday, 07 Dec 2011, 08:32

BlaziusDate: Wednesday, 07 Dec 2011, 20:55 | Message # 50
Quote (termi-ninja-tor)

I can imagine taking her out for dinner and an evening on the town, dancing, listening to cool music, watching a show or stage act, etc.

Glad that I'm not the the only one with wild dreams about dating with Summer smile

Quote (termi-ninja-tor)

I agree that I haven't seen her wearing outfits like this in any of the candid pics from conventions or on the street. I would guess that this is not her natural clothing style choice.

The pics of her from TSCC often had her dressed in black or in black leather outfits. I guess they might have thought these made her look more intimidating (terminator-ish), like Arnie.

I think its not that hard to figure out what kind of clothes Summer prefers if she wants to look good.

She clearly prefers the River-ish style to the Cameron style.
Long dresses with skirts. She loves to be a girly girl after all so this style fits her more.
So she'd look more like this on a date I think:

I'd have no complaint if I could be dating with a girl dressed like that smile

On the other hand I agree that the Cameron-ish style fits her incredibly well and gives her a certain badassness and hotness factor. She should definitely consider this style as well because she is absolutely stunning in these clothes. The TSCC crew definitely had a good taste when they assembled Camerons wardrobe especially for season 2 and she should try a few ideas they had for her in the show.

In the Attack of the show she tried something like this and I think she was very stunning in these clothes:

I wouldn't say she looks bad in these either love

Summer Glau is so awesome, it isn't even funny!
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne!

chrisdvanneDate: Tuesday, 10 Jan 2012, 13:20 | Message # 51
Group: Administrators
A little reminder of the results so far (i'm not sure when it ends) :

Wer ist Dein Serienherzblatt aus Firefly?

River Tam (Summer Glau) (31%, 124 Stimmen)
Kaylee Frye (Jewel Staite) (28%, 112 Stimmen)
Mal Reynolds (Nathan Fillion) (20%, 80 Stimmen)
Jayne Cobb (Adam Baldwin) (7%, 29 Stimmen)
Inara Serra (Morena Baccarin) (6%, 25 Stimmen)
Hoban Washburne (Alan Tudyk) (4%, 16 Stimmen)
Dr. Simon Tam (Sean Maher) (1%, 4 Stimmen)
Zoe Washburne (Gina Torres) (1%, 3 Stimmen)
Shepherd Book (Ron Glass) (1%, 3 Stimmen)
ein anderer (1%, 0 Stimmen)

Wahlbeteiligte insgesamt: 396

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

AlexDate: Tuesday, 10 Jan 2012, 15:36 | Message # 52
Group: Bloggers
My crush would be all of them. I think that what Whedon did was to make characters that were strong portrayals of some aspect of character: Book as conscience, Kaylee as lust, Jayne as selfish and self-absorbed, and so on. I am supposing that Whedon wanted to see the interplay of all aspects of character when confronted with powerful forces aligning against the character.

However, if I say all of them, does this raise the question of the gender of this collective personality? I guess it does. How I see it is that I believe that the "vessel" that contains all the parts that make up this character is the ship Serenity. I think Whedon draws upon the metaphor of a ship on a journey and in this case, it is a journey called life. But I have no idea what the gender would be and so I have to toss it out. I think that here, Whedon meant to say that it doesn't matter about the gender of the beloved but rather that the most important thing is that there be a beloved.

As to River, I think that there is an inherent duality to her nature. She is both psychic and she is psyche in that she is the animating spirit or soul of the collective character. In the last episode (Damn you to Hell Fox), she becomes the ship. We will never know if that is what Whedon intended to show us what River's role is (Damn you to Hell Fox) but so much of the life that the crew leads is based on the motivations of the soul - River's journey aboard Serenity (and I swear not to make any puns on the word river, flow, rough water, and so on).

If you are going through Hell, keep going.

chrisdvanneDate: Tuesday, 10 Jan 2012, 15:51 | Message # 53
Quote (Alex)
In the last episode (Damn you to Hell Fox), she becomes the ship.

That is indeed something that stroke me even before while seeing River moving and appearing in every corner of the ship.

Firefly

Threads that could interest you and our visitors :

michelangelo deciphers Firefly promo pictures

Why i have faith in Summer Glau.

riversfeetDate: Wednesday, 11 Jan 2012, 10:23 | Message # 54
Lose the sandals, Summer! happy

"My favorite thing about River is that she gets to be barefoot so much of the time. I don't like shoes very much." - Summer Glau

KrelleKDate: Wednesday, 11 Jan 2012, 14:12 | Message # 55
Quote (Fermi)

Quote (FordStaff)

Who was your vote?

I have not decided yet maybe Kaylee Frye (the geek-girl) or Inara (the hot girl). I not so into the warrior girl and River is the crazy girl.

If the question was "who was your favorite character" instead, I would have voted for River.

I would say my Firefly Crush/Crushes are River and then Inara

chrisdvanneDate: Sunday, 23 Sep 2012, 01:09 | Message # 56
Thread squatting :

Firefly print ad in a German magazine (2005)

Firefly print ad in a German magazine

robboDate: Monday, 24 Sep 2012, 00:14 | Message # 57
pretty good question this one i pretty much had a crush on all of them really they were all great in there own sort of quirky way but top of my list would have to be river she was hot and a few more of firefly series she would of got even more hotter smile

robboDate: Monday, 24 Sep 2012, 00:19 | Message # 58
Quote (Blazius)
Quote (termi-ninja-tor)

Glad that I'm not the the only one with wild dreams about dating with Summer smile

Quote (termi-ninja-tor)

I think its not that hard to figure out what kind of clothes Summer prefers if she wants to look good.

She clearly prefers the River-ish style to the Cameron style.
Long dresses with skirts. She loves to be a girly girl after all so this style fits her more.
So she'd look more like this on a date I think:

I'd have no complaint if I could be dating with a girl dressed like that smile

On the other hand I agree that the Cameron-ish style fits her incredibly well and gives her a certain badassness and hotness factor. She should definitely consider this style as well because she is absolutely stunning in these clothes. The TSCC crew definitely had a good taste when they assembled Camerons wardrobe especially for season 2 and she should try a few ideas they had for her in the show.

In the Attack of the show she tried something like this and I think she was very stunning in these clothes:

I wouldn't say she looks bad in these either love

what a picture this is of summer glau wow she looks stunning tongue

chrisdvanneDate: Monday, 24 Jun 2013, 18:55 | Message # 59
When my wife fell pregnant we bought the Firefly series, watched it, loved it.
When my son was finally born happy (he was very late) we went to Collectormania and met Summer, after that it became a regular hunt for Firefly attendees.

Summer Glau with baby at Collectormania 8 September 30 - October 2, 2005

MattMDate: Monday, 24 Jun 2013, 23:23 | Message # 60
A date with Summer would be interesting and very memorable. I personally would picture going out with her to a lounge or cafe during the evening hours. There, we could sit and chat over some drinks or coffee. The topics of our conversation will change from time to time, all revolving around simple subjects such as tastes in movies, childhood memories, etc.

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Summer Glau » Vote For Summer » Who is your Firefly crush?
Page 4 of 5«12345»
Search: