menu
person
Welcome to summer-glau.com, your fan source for all things Summer on the web. Browse around the site and visit our growing GALLERY housing over 65,000 photos. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter and Facebook and be sure to visit the site again!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Summer Glau » Vote For Summer » Who is your Firefly crush?
Who is your Firefly crush?
chrisdvanne_Date: Monday, 05 Dec 2011, 03:26 | Message # 16
Group: Administrators
Quote (Fox012)
TF?

Don't tell me i misguided everyone with my bad translation!
This may be not the word for word translation but one get the idea of the poll (i hope).

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Fox012Date: Monday, 05 Dec 2011, 04:05 | Message # 17
Group: Users
Depends of what was the original Sentence Herzblatt normal means a Loving Couple also Herzblatt is a name of plant

well after checking the website it seems they based the writing on an old tv show called "herzblatt" there you picked your "herzblatt" from 3 woman you don't see by asking several questions and then picked the one with the best replies =)

it's based on the US SHow Called "The Dating Game" http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Dating_Game

Actually the line "Wer ist dein Serienherzblatt aus firefly?" Translate then to " who's your Favorite Character from firefly"

"I saw the victims of a senseless crime, I was reminded that we don’t know when or where our time on Earth will end. When or where we will breathe our last breath." -- Jessica "Redfield" Ghawi

Message edited by Fox012 - Monday, 05 Dec 2011, 04:33

chrisdvanne_Date: Monday, 05 Dec 2011, 10:05 | Message # 18
Quote (Fox012)
Actually the line "Wer ist dein Serienherzblatt aus firefly?" Translate then to " who's your Favorite Character from firefly"

You've ruined my credibility on the Summer Glau Wiki wacko

I may be not be German native but saying "favorite character" completely miss the "soulmate" notion, which would be the best translation here, in favor of the story notion. As you mentioned it yourself, the article is based on a dating game.

I took the liberty to translate it into " Who is your Firefly crush?" for two reasons :
  • Who cares about a meanless online poll in a German site?
  • Never forget that i report an article for the sake of it but i also use it as a pretext to discuss between Summer Glau wiki members; in this regard, i thought that the "crush" angle, if not completely accurate, was more original.

Side note : before the German native members of the Summer Glau Wiki leave in mass, let me remind you i appreciate that country and its people (after all, i learned German at school and made several visits in Germany)

Beer and Titties made in Germany - Funny poster

•  
    Fox012Date: Monday, 05 Dec 2011, 12:41 | Message # 19
    Group: Users
    Of course Firefly crush and Soulmate does fit too

It was not my Intention to blame you =)

"who´s your firefly crush" also Fits the need =)

so don't worry wink

"I saw the victims of a senseless crime, I was reminded that we don’t know when or where our time on Earth will end. When or where we will breathe our last breath." -- Jessica "Redfield" Ghawi

BlaziusDate: Monday, 05 Dec 2011, 22:28 | Message # 20
    Group: Friends
    I think its a hard question to answer. My vote automatically goes for Summer of course everywhere so River gets a vote from me.

If I were to answer that who'd be my crush however I'd say.... River when she becomes 30 biggrin

Seriously there weren't that great choices of females in Firefly.

River herself in the show was a traumatized, under aged little girl who felt very asexually for me in the show and I never thought about I'd like to date with her or anything.

Inara would be a great choice for me given that I liked Morena from Stargate and Adria was my crush from that series hands down. However Inara is nothing like Adria, she feels too lifeless I think and doesn't have that temperament which made Adria so hot. Not that her character couldn't work on paper but Morena just can't sell this type of character apparently, she is only good with the "spoiled child" type of character who has much raw emotions. It also doesn't help that dating with a prostitute isn't that really appealing.

Kaylee is the another character I think who wasn't got right because of miscasting the role. Jewel couldn't sell the character for me at all. She is good at the shy "overshadowed" but cute and golden hearted kind of characters however this was only half true to Kaylee because she was supposed to look like this type of character but being a dirty, " cowboy" woman under that disguise. They wanted to force it by her silly remarks and such and her position as an engineer but it just didn't work for me because Jewel didn't fell energic enough for that role to me. For that reason I don't like her at all.

Zoe is too manly to me to think about her as a crush. Sure I like when a woman is strong but I also like when they are feminine. Zoe didn't feel feminine enough for me. Of course its good if there are woman as strong and brave and heroic as her and they are portrayed prominently, but the question is whether she could be a crush for me, and she can't because she is not girly enough for my personal taste to consider dating with her and such.

So that would leave River. I have a hard time with River because I saw TSCC first and obviously developed a massive crush on Cameron and on Summer so while she was asexual in Firefly I have a huge bias for Summer and I know how hot she is. Obviously River still has the same hotness factor which was higlighted in Serenity, especially in the promo material very prominently and she is just as much River Tam as the series River Tam.

So I'd say I'd still choose River, her post-Serenity form.

Seriously if River turns 30 she'll look like this:

FHM scans

Who wouldn't have a crush on her then biggrin

Summer Glau is so awesome, it isn't even funny!
    Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne!

FordStaffDate: Monday, 05 Dec 2011, 22:44 | Message # 21
    So that would leave River. I have a hard time with River because I saw TSCC first and obviously developed a massive crush on Cameron and on Summer so while she was asexual in Firefly I have a huge bias for Summer and I know how hot she is. Obviously River still has the same hotness factor which was higlighted in Serenity, especially in the promo material very prominently and she is just as much River Tam as the series River Tam.

It is not just because of that, I watched firefly and serenity without that bias and I can say that I agree with you although sometimes for different reasons. Inara I see no differently than you, but Kaylee I dislike, just for different reasons. The character seemed well sold to me, I just did not like the sympathetic point of view she had when it came to the Simon-Kaylee will they or wont they. Simon was a dick sometimes, but other times Kaylee was just being a bitch, yet either way we are suppose to agree with Kaylee? Hell no, my god it is like watching Scrubs all over again. For reference (I doubt anyone on the wiki has watched Scurbs), Scrubs is a thirty minute dramedy that almost always was sympathetic to the females in a relationship to the point of absurdity.

One thing I would like to point out with River that we have not recognized is the intimidation factor. Once River is slightly sane she will be really good at everything. It would feel pretty demoralizing being around someone better than you at literally everything.

Keep Flying - Not much, but it's enough.

XxDeathStarxXDate: Tuesday, 06 Dec 2011, 18:09 | Message # 22
    I couldn't possibly have a crush on anyone else's character than Summer's. That's how it has been since I found her. If I didn't have a crush on her character, which is pretty rare, and I'd be forced to pick a love interest, I'd still always choose her character. That's because said character would at least be based on Summer and therefore closer to my ideal girl than any other character ever could.

With Firefly this is pretty easy though, because I definitely have a crush on River. She was so powerful and intelligent, but so fragile and sweet at the same time. What's there not to love? Even Summer has said that there was very much her in River. It also seemed that River was much better mentally after she got the big secret out in the BDM. So I don't think that there would be too much problems with her being crazy. Even if there was, I'd still take her with all her faults. She was just made to be loved, and that's what she deserves, more than anything. I'd just have to wait until she turns eighteen, if Simon hadn't messed up with the solar cycles and she was already of age. I might have heard somewhere that she was actually about 23 years old when she fought the Reavers. biggrin

Summer Glau is divine!

FordStaffDate: Tuesday, 06 Dec 2011, 18:19 | Message # 23
    I might have heard somewhere that she was actually about 23 years old when she fought the Reavers.

River the character was 17 during the run of the series, the movie is a couple months after the series, so River is 18 when she fights the Reavers. I may be wrong, she could still be 17, but either way I know for a fact she is not 23 in the big damn movie. Either 18 or 17 lets put it that way.

XxDeathStarxXDate: Tuesday, 06 Dec 2011, 20:22 | Message # 24
    Quote (FordStaff)
    I might have heard somewhere that she was actually about 23 years old when she fought the Reavers.

River the character was 17 during the run of the series, the movie is a couple months after the series, so River is 18 when she fights the Reavers. I may be wrong, she could still be 17, but either way I know for a fact she is not 23 in the big damn movie. Either 18 or 17 lets put it that way.

Well, I know that obviously. Hmm. huh I thought that the smiley would've made it clear that I was only joking, based on the fact that Summer was about 23 years old when they filmed Serenity. My joke included Simon messing up with her age. The point with that was that because River looked physically like a 23 years old girl (she must have, because the actress playing her was actually 23 years old biggrin ), Simon must have completely messed up with her age. I hope that cleared this up. I hope that my next joke will work better. unsure

Summer Glau is divine!

chrisdvanne_Date: Tuesday, 06 Dec 2011, 20:32 | Message # 25
    Quote (XxDeathStarxX)
    I hope that my next joke will work better

Mine never works because of the language-barrier...or maybe they're just bad wink

FordStaffDate: Tuesday, 06 Dec 2011, 20:32 | Message # 26
    I thought that might be the case, sometimes things go over my head. They did a pretty good job of making River look the same in Serenity as in Firefly, she may not look 17, but it gets pretty close despite Summer being older. What do you mean Simon messed up her age though?

termi-ninja-torDate: Tuesday, 06 Dec 2011, 21:10 | Message # 27
    Early in the Serenity movie, before the team left the ship to steal the security company's payroll, Simon said that River was seventeen years old, when he was trying to convince Mal not to take River on this mission.

Serenity was released in September, 2005, and Summer was born in July, 1981. I expect that most if not all of the movie was actually shot before July, 2005, so Summer was indeed 23 years old while she was performing for the shoot.

To me, Summer still looked convincingly like a teenager in this movie.

FordStaffDate: Tuesday, 06 Dec 2011, 21:17 | Message # 28
    Early in the Serenity movie, before the team left the ship to steal the security company's payroll, Simon said that River was seventeen years old, when he was trying to convince Mal not to take River on this mission.

So it is 17 then, for some reason I thought she might have turned 18 between the end of the series and the movie.

To me, Summer still looked convincingly like a teenager in this movie.

I would have to agree, even in T:TSCC she still looked young, not quite 17 though more around 18-20. I would say it is only recently now, to where she can not really play teenagers as convincingly.

chrisdvanne_Date: Tuesday, 06 Dec 2011, 21:29 | Message # 29
    Quote (FordStaff)
    I would have to agree, even in T:TSCC she still looked young, not quite 17 though more around 18-20. I would say it is only recently now, to where she can not really play teenagers as convincingly.

I disagree. Summer had lost all the "baby fat" she had in Serenity when she started TSCC and her face even matured between season 1 and season 2. Though it has never been a problem to me since i'm used to see 25 year old play teenagers in series.

FordStaffDate: Tuesday, 06 Dec 2011, 21:42 | Message # 30
    I disagree. Summer had lost all the "baby fat" she had in Serenity when she started TSCC and her face even matured between season 1 and season 2. Though it has never been a problem to me since i'm used to see 25 year old play teenagers in series.

I know what you speak of, but I am not certain "baby fat" is the best description. Looking at some pictures I have misspoken, still have not caught up on all the T:TSCC yet.

Here is River-

Summer Glau as River Tam in Serenity
    Summer Glau as River Tam in Serenity.

Here is Cameron-

Battle Damaged Cameron
    Battle Damaged Cameron.

There is certainly some change between these periods, River certainly looks younger, but I think it is more subtle than just losing baby fat.

Message edited by FordStaff - Tuesday, 06 Dec 2011, 21:43

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Summer Glau » Vote For Summer » Who is your Firefly crush?
    Search: