menu
person
Check out the latest additions to our ever expanding GALLERY hosting over 65,000 photos!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Summer Glau » Vote For Summer » Desktop Girl of the Week Tournament
Desktop Girl of the Week Tournament
chrisdvanneDate: Saturday, 03 Sep 2011, 12:17 | Message # 1
Group: Administrators
Blogger adamreisinger.com highlights a Desktop Girl of the Week and since it has selected 32 DGOW, the site conducts a contest to crown a winner among these 32 women, the 2011 Desktop Girl of the Week Tournament.

This is not a main poll and i have spared you the first rounds of the tournament; but i find amusing the way the blogger has written Summer resume and focused on the 'Queen of nerds' aspect only whereas there is much more to like (i don't think the blogger had bad intentions even if the nature of DGOW sounds like a page 3 girl in an English tabloïd).
Desktop Girl of the Week: Summer Glau

Also i like the way he is not supporting Summer but he is resigned to see her win the tournament anyway:
Prediction: I've said this pretty much every round, but it holds true here: this is an Internet vote, so Summer Glau will probably win easily.

Summer has defeated all the women she was pitted against and is now competing for the crown in a battle against Emma Stone; the poll ask you to tell where you heard of it, to which you can answer Twitter or the Summer Glau Wiki.

Link to vote : Desktop Girl of the Week Tournament - Championship Match-Up: Emma Stone vs Summer Glau

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

BlaziusDate: Sunday, 04 Sep 2011, 00:44 | Message # 2
Group: Friends
Quote (michelangelo)
Also i like the way he is not supporting Summer but he is resigned to see her win the tournament anyway:

I like it too. He realizes that no one in the 'verse can stop the Glaudess even through he doesn't sound like a great fan of her!

BTW it may be only my fanatic Summerism again but I ironically find Summer to be younger looking despite she is 7 years older than Emma.

Summer Glau is so awesome, it isn't even funny!
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne!

chrisdvanneDate: Sunday, 04 Sep 2011, 01:43 | Message # 3
Quote (Blazius)
I like it too. He realizes that no one in the 'verse can stop the Glaudess even through he doesn't sound like a great fan of her!

He was supporting Sarah Michelle Gellar that Summer defeated on the previous round.

If you want to have a good laugh, i have copied his previous predictions from the other rounds in my blog : 2011 Desktop Girl of the Week Tournament

BlaziusDate: Sunday, 04 Sep 2011, 02:10 | Message # 4
LOL! No matter how he tried, Summer dominated the contest. His predictions are also funny, especially the first. He is obviously not a Summerist and I don't agree with the "Izabella is hotter" part but at least he is funny and doesn't want to hurt.

Lol "every Sci-Fi website's Sexiest Everything Ever"

Thats Summer I suppose.

Summer Glau is so awesome, it isn't even funny!
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne!

chrisdvanneDate: Sunday, 04 Sep 2011, 08:52 | Message # 5
Just for fun, here are Adam Reisinger's predictions from the previous rounds :

On the first round, Summer Glau was pitted against The Cape alumni Izabella Miko
Analysis: Let's be honest here, this is an internet vote, and Summer Glau dominates internet votes. Well, technically River Tam dominates internet votes. All it'll take is one link to this from the io9 community and not only will Glau win this match-up, but she'll probably win the entire thing. But here's the thing. Izabella Miko is... (Joss forgive me)... hotter. It's true. Plus she's crazy involved with all sorts of green initiatives, which is hot in its own way.

Prediction: It's the internet. Glau will win. Easily. But I voted for Miko.

Results : Summer Glau won with 72% of the votes.

On the second round, Summer Glau was pitted against Laura Vandervoort
Analysis: As I pointed out last round, Summer Glau has a tendency to dominate these types of Internet votes, but Laura Vandervoort has a vocal fan base too, and they came out in droves in the first round. Either way, one of these sci-fi hotties is going out this round, which is going to be disappointing to many.

Prediction: Glau's ahead now, but I could see Vandervoort pulling off a comeback.

Results : Summer Glau won with 62% of the votes.

On the third round, Summer Glau was pitted against Katrina Bowden
Analysis: This is a battle between Esquire Magazine's Sexiest Woman Alive and every Sci-Fi website's Sexiest Everything Ever. Glau's won both of her matchups by more than Bowden's won hers, though that could just be a function of the pairings.

Prediction: This is the Internet, not a magazine, so I'm guessing Glau.

Results : Summer Glau won with 82% of the votes.

On the final four, Summer Glau was pitted against Sarah Michelle Gellar
Prediction: As much as it pains me to do so, I have to predict a Glau victory in this one. But I'm still pulling for Gellar, and still not above lobbying, should it become necessary

Results : Summer Glau won with 89% of the votes.

Voting ends on September 10 : DGOW Championship Match-Up: Emma Stone vs Summer Glau

chrisdvanneDate: Sunday, 04 Sep 2011, 16:44 | Message # 6
UK site Unreality Primetime has reported the results of the Syfy UK poll revealing the 'Sci-Fi's Sexiest Babes & Hunks'; but just as digitalspy, they don't have the official results (http://www.syfy.co.uk/news....evealed) and i can prove it mathematically.

Unreality Primetime announces that summer Glau has won the poll "with a whopping 81.9%", which is correct so far; but then the results they annouce for the women behind Summer are irrealistic:
Quote (Unreality Primetime)
Sci-fi’s ladies weren’t left out, and Summer Glau – of Terminator and Dollhouse fame – won first place in that vote with a whopping 81.9%.

The Doctor’s present sidekick actress Karen Gillan was in fourth place with 10.6% of the vote, which put her one place ahead of former Doctor Who assistant, Billie Piper, who scored 7.7% to put her in fifth place.

If Karen Gillian is 4th with 10.6% and Billie Piper is 5th with 7.7%, then it means that the women who have the 2nd and 3rd position must have each more than 10.6% of the vote; the only problem is that if you add Summers, Karen and Billies percentage you have already 81.9 + 10.6 + 7.7 = 100.2% of the votes. They have mixed the official results (Summer's victory) with the results of the 'old' list given by digitalspy.

Source : It’s official! David Tennant is the sexiest Doctor Who! at Unreality Primetime

DevoDate: Sunday, 04 Sep 2011, 23:34 | Message # 7
Quote (michelangelo)
Quote (Blazius)I like it too. He realizes that no one in the 'verse can stop the Glaudess even through he doesn't sound like a great fan of her! He was supporting Sarah Michelle Gellar that Summer defeated on the previous round. If you want to have a good laugh, i have copied his previous predictions from the other rounds in my blog : 2011 Desktop Girl of the Week Tournament

Wow, really, SMG?!

Almost every Buffy fan I talked to said she was the weakest link on the entire show. wacko

chrisdvanneDate: Sunday, 04 Sep 2011, 23:40 | Message # 8
Quote (Devo)
Almost every Buffy fan I talked to said she was the weakest link on the entire show. wacko

But.....i like SMG!
Not the same way i like Summer though. More the same way i liked Gillian Anderson in The X-Files, aka the serie was more important than the actors who plays in it.

DevoDate: Sunday, 04 Sep 2011, 23:42 | Message # 9
Quote (michelangelo)
Quote (Devo)Almost every Buffy fan I talked to said she was the weakest link on the entire show. wacko But.....i like SMG! Not the same way i like Summer though. More the same way i liked Gillian Anderson in The X-Files, aka the serie was more important than the actors who plays in it.

:P

I am just surprised because Faith and the redhead always seem to get 10x the love. Dunno lol.

chrisdvanneDate: Sunday, 04 Sep 2011, 23:49 | Message # 10
Not for me!
I have never liked Willow's love stories in Buffy and the evolution of the character from the shy nerd to the strongest character of the show has always seemed unnatural to me.
As for Faith she was presented as the bad guy at the start and as a western lover, i have a tendency to prefer the good guys to the villains, even if the good guy has no depth (which is not true for Buffy of course).

Edit : my comment about the good and bad guys does not apply to Spike cool

Message edited by michelangelo - Sunday, 04 Sep 2011, 23:52

chrisdvanneDate: Tuesday, 06 Sep 2011, 16:58 | Message # 11
In a desesperate attempt to lure votes for Emma Stone in the match that pits her against Summer Glau for the title of Desktop Girl of the Week, blogger Adam Reisinger has made a post dedicated to Emma Stone roles with text and pictures.
Kinda like what he did last week by featuring Sarah Michelle Gellar in the DGOW widget.
But this is useless and he reckon it himself :
but it might be too little too late for Emma Stone...Emma Stone is WAY behind right now, and probably nothing short of a campaign by Stone herself is going to turn this around, but you never know.

He says he will make a similar post for Summer, but i have the feeling he will publish it AFTER the votes end, aka September 10th.
and it's corresponding post for the opponent -- don't worry Summer Glau fans

FermiDate: Wednesday, 07 Sep 2011, 22:13 | Message # 12
Adam Reisinger has made a post dedicated to his 5 fave Summer Glau roles with text and pictures.

http://www.adamreisinger.com/2011....es.html

Also he says Summer is not in danger losing in this weeks poll, voting will end on Saturday.

You can't stop the signal!

chrisdvanneDate: Thursday, 08 Sep 2011, 08:28 | Message # 13
The introduction of his nice article on Summer :
Before I get to the list of my favorite Summer Glau roles, I just want to clear up a misconception. There have been a few people who've e-mailed me saying it seems like I don't LIKE Summer Glau, based on what they've seen from this tournament so far. Nothing could be further from the truth. I'm a HUGE fan of Summer Glau. What I'm not a fan of is inevitability, and I quickly realized when I built the field of 32 that this was going to be a six-week long march toward Summer's inevitable victory. I've got no problem with Summer winning -- in fact, I personally voted for her in each round except the Final Four -- but I tried to spice things up along the way. Realistically, Summer was never in any danger of losing in any round, and she's not in danger of losing this week either. Still, voting will be open through Saturday, so make sure to spread the word if you haven't already (oh, and yes, technically, you can still vote for Emma Stone, but unless you and every single one of your Facebook friends and Twitter followers do so, it's probably not going to make much of a difference).

Kudos for the sense of humour! And he does love Summer indeed judging by his article.

Adam Reisinger twitted me he's got something special planned for if (when) Summer wins. Wonder what it is?

chrisdvanneDate: Monday, 12 Sep 2011, 10:19 | Message # 14
Championship voting is closed! Winner will be announced on 9/14.

FermiDate: Wednesday, 14 Sep 2011, 18:46 | Message # 15
Quote ("Adam Reisinger")
Summer Glau captured an incredible 95.6% of the vote.

Epic win cool
http://www.adamreisinger.com/2011....on.html

You can't stop the signal!

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Summer Glau » Vote For Summer » Desktop Girl of the Week Tournament
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search: