menu
person
Check out the latest additions to our ever expanding GALLERY hosting over 65,000 photos!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Summer Glau » Vote For Summer » Would you like to be a crew member of the Serenity?
Would you like to be a crew member of the Serenity?
FordStaffDate: Wednesday, 14 Dec 2011, 23:32 | Message # 16
Group: Friends

Thats strange since the whole "River escaped on the ship and even hit Simon" sequence starts with this.

Ok I made screencaps from my version.

Thank you for sharing, I would have been in for a big surprise when I finally watched the full version that I have purchased.

This entire scene is a massive mistake, it does not make any sense with the context of the rest of the movie and show. Now I can see why people complain that Mal and Jayne have reverted in the movie.

After this scene Jayne is perfectly willing to go on a suicide mission to try and do the right thing for the sake of it "If you can't do something smart, do something right". Why would he not be willing to do the right thing by harboring River, but then all of a sudden become suicidal for doing the right thing? That is not even the worst of it, he is also finally showing good faith towards the Tams after this part of the movie (helping River get seated first, and then handing Simon a drink during his above quote). How could he all of a sudden want to buckle River in while endangering himself when just a while ago he wanted to turn her into the goverment?

Plus if he did try to turn River in again, River should have killed him, not knock him out. If River didn't kill him, Malcolm and Simon would have uncontrollable rage and likely do far worse than just kill him. Yet at the end of the movie Jayne seems still accepted among the crew - presumably River did not tell anyone, but that also makes no sense. Terrible Terrible thing to have had happen, at least with how the rest of the series and movie played out. I will forget it even exists.

Keep Flying - Not much, but it's enough.

Message edited by FordStaff - Wednesday, 14 Dec 2011, 23:36

BlaziusDate: Thursday, 15 Dec 2011, 01:29 | Message # 17
Yeah, it didn't make much sense. Jayne actually came through this way in both of his redemption scenes as somebody who is just faking redemption while waiting for a moment to sell River for a lot of money with this scene. Through the suicide mission(s) contradicts even this as you said( he wouldn't have done it if he only faked redemption presumably or was he this confident in his and the teams capabilities?)

Jaynes arch is messed up with Serenity pretty badly( not the only thing IMO) dry

Maybe they wanted to bring back old and familiar dynamics as an odd fanservice at the expense of furthering some characters development?

Quote (FordStaff)
Plus if he did try to turn River in again, River should have killed him, not knock him out. If River didn't kill him, Malcolm and Simon would have uncontrollable rage and likely do far worse than just kill him. Yet at the end of the movie Jayne seems still accepted among the crew - presumably River did not tell anyone, but that also makes no sense.

I don't think River is the kind who'd get Jayne killed by Simon and/or Mal. She seems to have this thing that she likes to haunt people with their sins and likes to break them as punishment often using her abilities in the process( she definitely has a crueler side under the innocent face. Its not like she'd be sadistic and she'd terrorize innocents, what I'm trying to say is that she is not your conventional goody two shoes character what you'd expect from this type of character ).

She did this very noticably with Early of course but she also does this with Jayne IMO when she is harassing and scaring him( like the "I can kill you with my brain" part) . She reminds him that "I know what you did and while Mal forgave you, I did not"

I think even if she'd be thinking about killing him herself she'd break him first, only then she'd kill him. She definitely likes to mess with peoples minds.

Summer Glau is so awesome, it isn't even funny!
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne!

Message edited by Blazius - Friday, 16 Dec 2011, 02:12

ShadowTekDate: Sunday, 29 Jan 2012, 00:00 | Message # 18
Yeah, it didn't make much sense. Jayne actually came through this way in both of his redemption scenes as somebody who is just faking redemption while waiting for a moment to sell River for a lot of money with this scene. Through the suicide mission(s) contradicts even this as you said( he wouldn't have done it if he only faked redemption presumably or was he this confident in his and the teams capabilities?)

What a coincidence, I just watched this episode today tongue I like when she slices his chest out of the blue happy

I would want to be a crew member that had allot of underworld dealings.. If I had to pick what my purpose was on the ship.

I'd be a former spy/assassin (former Operative maybe) that could get allot of not so legal jobs. Always thought a crew member like that would have been a cool addition.

Message edited by ShadowTek - Sunday, 29 Jan 2012, 00:01

riversfeetDate: Thursday, 02 Feb 2012, 19:52 | Message # 19
Would River say yes or no to a foot massage?

"My favorite thing about River is that she gets to be barefoot so much of the time. I don't like shoes very much." - Summer Glau

chrisdvanneDate: Wednesday, 11 Jul 2012, 18:49 | Message # 20
Group: Administrators
Hilarious montage of the Firefly cast speaking chinese :

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

ThierryDate: Wednesday, 11 Jul 2012, 19:41 | Message # 21
Actually we are all members of the same crew on the same ship :

- name of the ship : Earth
- average speed : 30 km/s
- surface area : 500.00.000 km2
- members ot the crew : more than 7 billions

wink

ps : Serenity is still 1st of the poll....

So much grace is beautiful and peaceful for the mind and the eyes.

chrisdvanneDate: Monday, 08 Oct 2012, 21:11 | Message # 22
Serenity was on front page of the June 8, 2005 issue of the San Francisco Chronicle.

Serenity was on front page of the June 8, 2005 issue of the San Francisco Chronicle

Read article : 'When Fox canceled 'Firefly,' it ignited an Internet fan base whose burning desire for more led to 'Serenity'' by Neva Chonin at San Francisco Chronicle

chrisdvanneDate: Monday, 03 Dec 2012, 17:26 | Message # 23
Serenity was voted second favourite sci-fi spaceship by SFX readers.

Time for another controversy-fuelling SFX countdown, as we present the results of your favourite screen sci-fi spaceships vote.

We had a biggest response to this poll than any other we’ve ever run (the SFX awards aside, because they’re a slightly different case) and it’s been fun putting this together and having a poll full of HARDWARE and STARSCAPES rather a lot of glum-looking vampires for once. This is what sci-fi’s all about, surely?

WHY IT’S GREAT She may look like a plucked parrot and lack the sleek design and elegant stylings of other ships on this list, but the Serenity is still as loveable as a fluffy wee kitten. Perhaps it’s because her crew all talk about her as though she’s alive (which we’re doing too – it’s catching!). Perhaps it’s because she seems to make sense, not only visually but practically; you can understand easily which bits of her do what, and her interiors reek of realism. Or perhaps it’s because she’s just as much a part of the crew as the crew themselves.

She’s not highly regarded by most people who come across her, however. Clearly Firefly-class ships are just a common-or-garden spaceship design, out of date and out of fashion. Yet Captain Mal Reynolds fell in love at first sight (top picture), and as the series went on, her quirky vehicular charm made us do the same. We were supposed to, by the way: there’s a reason the show is named after her classification, and the movie was named for her. She’s the (non-)beating heart at the centre of the Firefly universe.

We particularly love the way her interiors have been given Changing Rooms-style makeovers by the crew, from Inara’s silk-draped shuttle (who’d have thought such a tiny metal room could be so pretty?) to the flower stencils on the walls of the kitchen (no doubt applied by Kayleigh; we can’t really see Mal doing that). Little touches like this helped to turn the spaceship star of the show into an actual home… and wait, that’s it, by jove! THIS is why Serenity is so loveable. It’s because we can all see ourselves living on her, can’t we? Who wouldn’t give an arm and a leg for a meal around the table in the galley, eh?

Read full article at SFX

TerminatorEmilyDate: Monday, 03 Dec 2012, 23:57 | Message # 24
I would love to be a crew member of Serenity!

☮"Just because no one has been fortunate enough to realize how wonderful you are, doesn't mean you shine any less." - Summer Glau☮

robboDate: Tuesday, 04 Dec 2012, 01:49 | Message # 25
most definetly would like to be a crew member on serenity. not sure which part i would like to play. all the crew interesting in there own little way, serenity just love the film greatest sc-fi film of all time, why cant we have a serenity sequel please joss, smile

TerminatorEmilyDate: Tuesday, 04 Dec 2012, 03:29 | Message # 26
Serenity 2 .... biggrin

☮"Just because no one has been fortunate enough to realize how wonderful you are, doesn't mean you shine any less." - Summer Glau☮

chrisdvanneDate: Monday, 11 Feb 2013, 02:04 | Message # 27
Blurry videos taken during the Serenity world premiere at the 59th Edinburgh International Film Festival on August 22, 2005.

Here's a photos of the women of Firefly, so you can spot Summer on the video:

Serenity premiere 59th Edinburgh IFF - August 22, 2005
More photos of the event in the Gallery.

Chiwetel Ejiofor is asked at the World Premiere of Serenity what it was liked to be recognised by Browncoats

At the World Premiere of Serenity, one of the fans does a really bad singalong to the Firefly theme...

At the World Premiere of Serenity, Jewel Staite and Sean Maher are asked what it was like to finally kiss...

At the World Premiere of Serenity in Edinburgh, Adam Baldwin was asked to sing Hero of Canton

At the World Premiere of Serenity in Edinburgh, Nathan Fillion was asked to dance by a member of the crowd

chrisdvanneDate: Monday, 18 Feb 2013, 19:27 | Message # 28
Back spaceship driver Mal with Inara in the pilot seat

Back spaceship driver Mal with Inara in the pilot seat

chrisdvanneDate: Tuesday, 21 May 2013, 08:00 | Message # 29
Great work by Otis Frampton. Check out his site.

Serenity crew fanart

chrisdvanneDate: Wednesday, 12 Jun 2013, 14:36 | Message # 30
The Cast of Firefly: Serenity’s Crew, Then and Now at wetpaint

Summer Glau: River Tam
While Summer Glau seemed totally in her element as the brilliant but damaged River Tam, she’s had a pretty diverse collection of roles post-Firefly and Serenity. While she kept it nerdy during a run on the SyFy series Alphas as Skyler Adams, she also guest-starred as Nurse Emily Kovach in Grey’s Anatomy. She again worked with Joss Whedon in the series Dollhouse as Bennett Halverson, and played Cameron Phillips/Allison Young in Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles. Ever the geeky sex symbol, she starred as herself on an episode of The Big Bang Theory.

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Summer Glau » Vote For Summer » Would you like to be a crew member of the Serenity?
Search: