menu
person
Welcome to summer-glau.com, your fan source for all things Summer on the web. Browse around the site and visit our growing GALLERY housing over 65,000 photos. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter and Facebook and be sure to visit the site again!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 3 of 3
  • «
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Summer Glau » Vote For Summer » Tubey Awards - Summer Glau wants you!
Tubey Awards - Summer Glau wants you!
chrisdvanne_ Post # 31 | Tuesday, 16 Aug 2011 - 08:00
Group: Administrators
The Tubey Awards are back for the final voting. The top ten in each category (more than 70) have been choosen by the votes.
New polls will launch every Monday from July 25 to August 29. You'll have one week to vote for your favorite nominees in each set of categories.

Tubey Awards: Finals, Round 4 and new set of polls.
Summer Glau was nominated in the "Best Sidekick" category for her role in The Cape and she made it to the top ten biggrin

Time for the heavy lift because each competitor is a tough one at this stage. Some other contestant play in Glee, The Vampire Diaries or Supernatural.

Section 9-12 :
Best Sidekick : Orwell (The Cape)

Vote for Summer at The Tubey Awards

UPDATE 13/09/2010 : The Tubey Awards 2011 results

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Message edited by michelangelo - Wednesday, 14 Sep 2011, 13:39

Fermi Post # 32 | Wednesday, 17 Aug 2011 - 11:39
Quote (michelangelo)

TSCC supports The Cape??? When will the cross-over DVD movie be released?

Her is the new voting link

http://summer-vote.tumblr.com/

You can't stop the signal!

chrisdvanne_ Post # 33 | Wednesday, 17 Aug 2011 - 11:47
Quote (Fermi)
Her is the new voting link

http://summer-vote.tumblr.com/

Thanks, it's very handy indeed.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 34 | Monday, 22 Aug 2011 - 21:00
The Tubey Awards are back for the final voting. The top ten in each category (more than 70) have been choosen by the votes.
New polls will launch every Monday from July 25 to August 29. You'll have one week to vote for your favorite nominees in each set of categories.

Tubey Awards: Finals, Round 5 and new set of polls.
Summer Glau was nominated in the "Supporting Actor/Actress Deserving of a Starring Role" category and The Cape was nominated in the "New Series With the Most Wasted Potential" category for her role in The Cape : both made it to the top ten and have a chance for the win biggrin

Time for the heavy lift because each competitor is a tough one at this stage. Some other contestant play in Glee, The Vampire Diaries, Supernatural or Game of Throne.

Section 1-4 :
Supporting Actor/Actress Deserving of a Starring Role : Summer Glau (The Cape)

New Series With the Most Wasted Potential : The Cape

Vote for Summer at The Tubey Awards

chrisdvanne_ Post # 35 | Wednesday, 31 Aug 2011 - 08:21
Tubey Awards: Finals, Round 6 and new set of polls.
But noone inwhich Summer Glau is nominated, though she could have been nominated in the following category : 'Best Scene-Stealing Supporting Character'.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 36 | Tuesday, 13 Sep 2011 - 16:57
The Tubey Awards 2011 results are in!

Summer won in two categories :

Supporting Actor/Actress Most Deserving of a Starring Role
Winner: Summer Glau (The Cape)

TWoP Staff Pick: Neil Patrick Harris (How I Met Your Mother)
Summer Glau narrowly edged out Supernatural's Misha Collins. Frankly, they both deserve bigger roles on better shows.

Best Sidekick
Winner: Orwell (The Cape)

TWoP Staff Pick: Pam (True Blood)

Other winners announced include:
Best Comedy : Community
Best Drama : The Good Wife
Best New Show : Game of Thrones
Favorite Actor : Nathan Fillion (Castle)
Favorite Actress : Lisa Edelstein (House

Source and complete results : Tubey Awards 2011 at Television Without Pity

Message edited by michelangelo - Tuesday, 13 Sep 2011, 18:36

ogy86 Post # 37 | Tuesday, 13 Sep 2011 - 19:43
Group: Friends
I congratulate Summer for winning in polls. It's obvious that her fans are very loyal and they control all Internet polls:-D

This is Cam: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNu7pi9glR4
Save TSCC!: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2Pty7PD … r_embedded
Summer Glau a WuShu: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1BMqNYOyFU

chrisdvanne_ Post # 38 | Tuesday, 13 Sep 2011 - 20:02
Quote (ogy86)
they control all Internet polls:-D

I wish it was true, but Summer was also nominated in the 'Best Actress' category and she did not win; other fanbases are as dedicated as we are.
This is a great result though, considering The Cape is not on air for a long time and Summer is not on a weekly tv show.

ogy86 Post # 39 | Tuesday, 13 Sep 2011 - 20:14
Quote (michelangelo)
Quote (ogy86) I wish it was true, but Summer was also nominated in the 'Best Actress' category and she did not win; other fanbases are as dedicated as we are. This is a great result though, considering The Cape is not on air for a long time and Summer is not on a weekly tv show.

It's just a matter of time before she gets a some regular role in series again. Only I wish her in order it would a series that will several years in TV

This is Cam: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNu7pi9glR4
Save TSCC!: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2Pty7PD … r_embedded
Summer Glau a WuShu: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1BMqNYOyFU

Blazius Post # 40 | Wednesday, 14 Sep 2011 - 16:11
Quote (michelangelo)
I wish it was true, but Summer was also nominated in the 'Best Actress' category and she did not win; other fanbases are as dedicated as we are.
This is a great result though, considering The Cape is not on air for a long time and Summer is not on a weekly tv show.

I agree! I would't be too happy with these results if she were in an airing show or in a recent movie but the truth is that we haven't seen much of her in a long time now. Even the Cape was a long time ago but that wasn't exactly successful and I imagine that hardly anyone watched it but the most hardcore Summer fans.

This leaves TSCC as her last big series and that wasn't yesterday. A few guest appearances don't carry that much weight as a regular role and Dhm wasn't mainstream enough for a popularity raiser(don't know why, it was pretty cool)

If you put it that way her influence is still quite formidable and long lasting as she can still compete and win against more active actors(not that she is completely inactive, she did Alphas and a number of movies lately but we have seen nothing of the movies yet)

Considering the unexpected jump of her popularity after one quest appearance I believe she could win a best actress award easily with a regular show or a hit movie.

Summer Glau is so awesome, it isn't even funny!
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne!

Message edited by Blazius - Wednesday, 14 Sep 2011, 16:12

chrisdvanne_ Post # 41 | Wednesday, 14 Sep 2011 - 17:03
If you take a look at the results for the other categories, all the winners comes from successful series that are still on air : Castle, House, Game of Thrones, The Vampire Diaries or Glee.

Examples :
Best New Show : Game of Thrones
Favorite Actor : Nathan Fillion (Castle)
Favorite Actress : Lisa Edelstein (House)

Just after TSCC was canceled (2009), Summer Glau and TSCC won 16 Tubey Awards (yes, you read correctly 16 Awards) :

Best Drama
Best Returning Show
Most Painful Series Cancellation
Most Under-rated Show
Most Improved Show
Broadcast Show most in need of a move to cable
Fave Actress (Summer Glau)
Most Unwelcome New Character: Riley
Most Wrongly Underused Character: Cameron
Best Badass: Cameron
Best Season Finale
Best on Screen Death Scene: Derek Reese
Best “WTF” Moment: John Connor jumps to a future where nobody has heard of him, and he meets Derek, Kyle, Allison (Terminator: TSCC).
Best Smackdown (Non-Reality show): Cameron Vs. A Police Station
Best Single Episode (Drama) Allison from Palmdale (Hell Yes!)
Best Almost Romantic but not Quite Relationship: John and Cameron

But 'only' 2.4 millions votes were cast at the time, whereas ten times more votes have been cast this year, that is 26 millions.

The fact that Summer won not one but two Tubey Awards under these circumstances is indeed a great performance.

Blazius Post # 42 | Wednesday, 14 Sep 2011 - 17:27
I remember these. Summer dominated the entire thing with her successful period more than the current winners with theirs and even now she was able to win two when she does virtually nothing. So definitely not a bad performance. But its inevitable that her influence weakens in time without reinforcing it and it will grow weaker until she shows something again. In Hollywood you must always be in the spotlight to keep your popularity intact, if not by new movies or series then with a huge scandal.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 43 | Thursday, 15 Sep 2011 - 10:23
Quote Blazius ()
In Hollywood you must always be in the spotlight to keep your popularity intact, if not by new movies or series then with a huge scandal.

Can you imagine Summer Glau doing the dance Olivia Wilde does at the begining of this video?

Summer and Olivia are both sexy women but their sexyness is completely different and their respective fans don't expect the same thing : we rave about Summer being so clumsy in interviews because she's so adorable (like at Calgary Comic Expo or at Comic Con) but Olivia fans like how she likes to show off and is completely at ease with her body.

I don't have to explain why Hollywood and tv programs prefers Olivia's type of attitude.

Side note : don't you dare say something bad about Olivia Wilde. I quote her frequently because she's a successful women in Hollywood and i follow her carrer. Also Olivia fans visit the Summer Glau Wiki by the thousands...maybe because i posted this picture on my blog biggrin
Olivia Wilde FHM 100 Sexiest Women 2011

chrisdvanne_ Post # 44 | Friday, 16 Sep 2011 - 01:22
Quote Blazius ()
In Hollywood you must always be in the spotlight to keep your popularity intact, if not by new movies or series then with a huge scandal.

It looks like Scarlett Johansson followed your advice and now there is everywhere on the net photos of her in the nude; seems her phone was pirated though and the F.B.I. is investigating the case .

Blazius Post # 45 | Friday, 16 Sep 2011 - 19:12
Quote (michelangelo)
It looks like Scarlett Johansson followed your advice and now there is everywhere on the net photos of her in the nude; seems her phone was pirated though and the F.B.I. is investigating the case .

Oh crap. I unintentionally helped the "enemy" with my advice (just kidding biggrin )

But it works nonetheless. Imagine if this would be Summer, you and Fermi would be very busy right now updating the news section with updates about these news and we'd probably have a huge traffic who would check the said section and somebody checks out other sections as well and gets converted into a fan.

But Summer can't do this because she has strong sense of honor.
Its basically a good old honor vs. success debate which is going on with Summer and she seems to choose the former(I'd do the same BTW)

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Summer Glau » Vote For Summer » Tubey Awards - Summer Glau wants you!
  • Page 3 of 3
  • «
Search: