menu
person
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Summer Glau » Vote For Summer » Poll - Firefly: Who’s your favorite character?
Poll - Firefly: Who’s your favorite character?
chrisdvanne_ Post # 1 | Tuesday, 14 Jun 2011 - 10:56
Group: Administrators
It's Firefly week on CliqueClack and the site decided to run a classic poll to determine who's theirs readers favorite among the Firefly characters.
Not being a browncoat myself i would not recommend a vote in particular; but as a matter of principle my vote goes to River.

If you're in the mood, leaving a comment to enlight your choice in this thread as well as on Cliqueclack would be appreciated.

The results so far : Captain Mal is leading

Who's your favorite Firefly character?

Mal (32%)
Wash (15%)
River (14%)
Kaylee (12%)
Jayne (10%)
Saffron (5%)
Zoe (3%)
Inara (3%)
Book (2%)
Simon (2%)
Other -- elaborate in the comments. (2%)

Link at Cliqueclack : Vote for your favorite Firefly character

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Message edited by michelangelo - Tuesday, 14 Jun 2011, 12:56

chrisdvanne_ Post # 2 | Tuesday, 14 Jun 2011 - 11:14
Debbie McDuffee, Cliqueclack columnist, introduce the poll :

If there’s one thing Joss Whedon can do, it’s write characters well. No, I’m going further than that, and saying that it isn’t necessarily that he writes them well, but that he creates such a perfectly eclectic mix of characters in his shows that they always bring out the awesomeness in one another. It’s because they interact so well, that they are so intertwined, that makes it hard to choose just one favorite.

Did she say "awesomeness"? I thought this word was copyrighted by The Summer Glau Wiki.

Message edited by michelangelo - Tuesday, 14 Jun 2011, 11:17

chrisdvanne_ Post # 3 | Tuesday, 14 Jun 2011 - 11:21
As i said on post #1, it's Firefly week on Cliqueclack :

Browncoats rejoice! The next show-themed week is upon us, and this time we're covering a sci-fi favorite of ours -- and many of yours: 'Firefly'!

Along with the poll you can find several articles about the show; "Why we love Firefly" and "kick-ass ladies"

Why we love Firefly
by Bob Degon
It's 'Firefly' week and as part of the celebration, the CliqueClack team explains what it is about the series that we all love so much. What do you love about the show?

Firefly, feminism, and you – Clacking with Julia
by Julia Hass
What is it about 'Firefly' that draws in such a diverse fan base? In three words: kick-ass ladies.

Firefly has one strong, central, lady-positive message: do not attempt to control women. It will end poorly for you.

All the women, to some extent, have storylines where this is a central message, but River is probably the most explicit example of this — her brain is literally cut up as part of an experiment performed by the Alliance in order to mold her into what is implied to be some sort of super-soldier or assassin. Not only does River break free, but the abilities she gained as part of the experimentation seem to ironically make it impossible for the Alliance to get their hands on her again.

Might also interest you : "Can't Stop the Serenity" is back ('Serenity' movie Worlwide Charity Screenings)

Message edited by michelangelo - Tuesday, 14 Jun 2011, 11:27

TheSavior Post # 4 | Tuesday, 14 Jun 2011 - 13:38
Group: Friends
Thanks for the funny news.
Actually stats are...how to say it...different eheheh

# River (46%)
# Mal (20%)
# Wash (9%)
# Jayne (7%)
# Kaylee (7%)
# Saffron (3%)
# Zoe (3%)
# Inara (2%)
# Book (1%)
# Simon (1%)
# Other -- elaborate in the comments. (1%)

Yes River rulez! Summer Glau Rulez! XD

"This isn't the first time we've done this..."
Cameron

The world is Maya The Illusion. Illusions are the foundation of reality. I am the Lord of Illusions.
Me

chrisdvanne_ Post # 5 | Thursday, 16 Jun 2011 - 00:54
Why do i post so many links to poll related to Summer?

Because it's a way to promote her and her work!

Having her name on top of the list makes her noticed by the readers; this is free adverstising for Summer.

Also, most of the time, webmasters have an not-so-hidden idea when they publish a poll. A poll is like a popularity contest; the most-voted person (or tv show) must be the most popular among the viewers of the website. The webmaster think that they will have more traffic if they publish articles relative to the winner.

River Tam won the "Who's your favorite Firefly character? " by a large margin; the following day, surprise, surprise, cliqueclack
publish an article dedicated to River Tam. I bet you that it would have been different if Mal had won the poll.

Here is the introduction of this article : Better living through Firefly’s River Tam

Rosie has graced us with another Guest Clack for our week of 'Firefly'-themed posts. Here she contemplates the positive effect River Tam had on the rest of the Serenity crew.

I suggest you read the article, which presents an interesting point of view as described above. As usual, you're invited to leave a nice comment.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 6 | Monday, 19 Sep 2011 - 21:01
Nathan Fillion photobombing 'innocent' people; i can't figure out if this Nathan guy is the coolest or the craziest guy in the world.

Btw you know the guy from the couple in the first picture; it's Jon Huertas who plays NYPD Detective Javier Esposito in Castle but he also played Trevor (Kacy's husband) in TSCC's Allison from Palmdale.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 7 | Sunday, 30 Dec 2012 - 02:02
What is the most adorable in this behind-the-scenes pic from Firefly : Gina's face or the way Jewel is looking at Gina, or both?

Firefly on set

Watch more BTS photos in the News.

Steven Post # 8 | Monday, 31 Dec 2012 - 07:04
I saw the firefly tvplay yesterday. they speak Chinese sometimes, that's so cute , because I am Chinese. it's really interesting to heard they speak Chinese.

TerminatorEmily Post # 9 | Monday, 31 Dec 2012 - 16:28
(chrisdvanne)
Nathan Fillion photobombing 'innocent' people; i can't figure out if this Nathan guy is the coolest or the craziest guy in the world.

Btw you know the guy from the couple in the first picture; it's Jon Huertas who plays NYPD Detective Javier Esposito in Castle but he also played Trevor (Kacy's husband) in TSCC's Allison from Palmdale.

How is Nathan Photobombing the last one from TSCC??? Maybe they caught him so they're looking at him .... idk....

My fav Firefly character is River. Sadly not multiple choice.

Nathan's funny. He photobombed Ellen Page. Ahahahaaaaaaa... From Juno Yeah! good movie

☮"Just because no one has been fortunate enough to realize how wonderful you are, doesn't mean you shine any less." - Summer Glau☮

robbo Post # 10 | Monday, 31 Dec 2012 - 18:57
he is awesome nathan just love him to bits, i think he is a bit of both cool dude and a bit of a nutter, but ye gotta hand it to him he always knows where the camera is. when he plays his loveable pranks, great shots what a guy, cool

Infinite5ths Post # 11 | Saturday, 18 May 2013 - 00:11
Cast your vote for Firefly on this People's Choice poll!

http://www.peopleschoice.com/pca/polls/poll.jsp?pollId=1005001292

Mike
http://www.michaeldanchi.com
http://twitter.com/Infinite5ths

robbo Post # 12 | Saturday, 18 May 2013 - 00:31
firefly will win that poll its on 56, per cent, polls like these firefly will always win got my vote no problem, its just a shame that they dont just sit up and take notice and listen to what the fans want regarding fetching shows back but they dont, i dont think joss whedon is interested anymore, he is too busy at the moment, with other projects,

Infinite5ths Post # 13 | Saturday, 18 May 2013 - 01:13
Quote (robbo)
its just a shame that they dont just sit up and take notice and listen to what the fans want regarding fetching shows back but they dont, i dont think joss whedon is interested anymore, he is too busy at the moment, with other projects

Right...but we vote anyway - simply because we can

Mike
http://www.michaeldanchi.com
http://twitter.com/Infinite5ths

robbo Post # 14 | Saturday, 18 May 2013 - 01:29
or yeah without a shadow of a doubt i will always vote in these polls, they are always interesting one way or another, especially when TSCC or FIREFLY are involved, the two shows that will always win in these polls,

chrisdvanne_ Post # 15 | Saturday, 18 May 2013 - 15:22
Firefly is leading with 65% of the votes

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Summer Glau » Vote For Summer » Poll - Firefly: Who’s your favorite character?
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search: