menu
person
Welcome to summer-glau.com, your fan source for all things Summer on the web. Browse around the site and visit our growing GALLERY housing over 65,000 photos. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter and Facebook and be sure to visit the site again!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Summer Glau » Vote For Summer » Dark Horse VS: River Tam vs Buffy Summers!
Dark Horse VS: River Tam vs Buffy Summers!
chrisdvanne_ Post # 1 | Friday, 18 Mar 2011 - 13:26
Group: Administrators
A site specialized in comics have released a poll to know wich of the two young women would win on a fight.

Quote (Dark Horse)
Admit it. You've always wanted to know. Well, we're giving you the chance to decide once and for all who would win in a fight, River Tam of Serenity or Buffy Summers of Buffy the Vampire Slayer! Buffy might be super-strong and super-tough, but River's got super-smarts and the moves to boot! It's a Joss Whedon super-gal battle royale!

Credit : Dark Horse Comics

Direct link to Vote for River Tam

Results so far :

Source : Dark Horse

Attachments: 2887064.png(6.6 Kb)

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Message edited by michelangelo - Friday, 18 Mar 2011, 14:13

chrisdvanne_ Post # 2 | Saturday, 19 Mar 2011 - 06:31
Found on the net :
Despite her frail appearance and petite stature, River's skill at hand-to-hand combat is virtually unstoppable.

River
57.9% 2,232

Buffy
42.4% 1,636

River for the win!!

chrisdvanne_ Post # 3 | Saturday, 19 Mar 2011 - 06:35
By the way, Joss Whedon himself answered the question already :

"But perhaps the most important question of the evening was one of the earliest, as Whedon was asked who would win in a fight, Buffy Summers or River Tam? He admitted that this was the one question of the evening for which he wasn't prepared. He first sought to answer the question democratically, conducting an instant poll of the audience; the results were about a fifty-fifty split (my tenuous grasp of journalistic objectivity prevents me from revealing my vote on the matter). After buying sufficient time to consider the question, Whedon finally reasoned that, while Buffy is stronger, River's whole thing is being programmed to kill, so…He trailed off there, but I think that's a pretty clear vote for River. (What? I said my objectivity was tenuous.)"

Source : io9.com

KrelleK Post # 4 | Monday, 21 Mar 2011 - 09:34
Group: Friends
Quote (michelangelo)
By the way, Joss Whedon himself answered the question already :
"But perhaps the most important question of the evening was one of the earliest, as Whedon was asked who would win in a fight, Buffy Summers or River Tam? He admitted that this was the one question of the evening for which he wasn't prepared. He first sought to answer the question democratically, conducting an instant poll of the audience; the results were about a fifty-fifty split (my tenuous grasp of journalistic objectivity prevents me from revealing my vote on the matter). After buying sufficient time to consider the question, Whedon finally reasoned that, while Buffy is stronger, River's whole thing is being programmed to kill, so…He trailed off there, but I think that's a pretty clear vote for River. (What? I said my objectivity was tenuous.)"

well, while Buffy is super strong, and is very skilled in martial arts(need to be, as a Vampireslayer)
River has the training in martial arts too, and she is very good too, she migt not have superhuman strenght, she has incredible speed, and precision, and do not forget she to has the skill of mind reading, she can probably get a little more warning of what an opponent might try, due to that. which makes me think she might be able to win

Message edited by KrelleK - Monday, 21 Mar 2011, 09:35

chrisdvanne_ Post # 5 | Friday, 26 Oct 2012 - 10:24
Speaking of Buffy the Vampire Slayer, here's an interview with James "Spike" Marsters.

James talks about his career, the Mars rover Curiosity, 50 Shades of Grey, accents, whether he'd play Spike again and more.

Link : 'marsters of the universe' at scenestr

chrisdvanne_ Post # 6 | Thursday, 10 Jan 2013 - 14:35
Amazing behind the scenes videos from Jeff Pruitt, Buffy stunt coordinator, featuring Sophia Crawford, Sarah Michelle Gellar's stunt double.

Watch more videos on Youtube

chrisdvanne_ Post # 7 | Wednesday, 10 Jul 2013 - 00:25
Buffy Season One Review, by TheWhedon Fan

It's finally here! I decided to review all of "Buffy's" first season in one shot- get ready for 12 episodes of nineties greatness!

chrisdvanne_ Post # 8 | Thursday, 02 Jan 2014 - 17:14
Buffy and River - Sisterhood of the Axe.

Buffy and River - Sisterhood of the Axe

TerminatorEmily Post # 9 | Tuesday, 14 Jan 2014 - 05:14
Group: Friends
I know I am very late to vote, but now after watching a few seasons of Buffy I'm stumped. I mean, both characters are strong when fighting. But just like a lot of you have said, River was programmed to kill and has no choice, whereas Buffy, has a choice, and as a slayer isn't chosen to kill humans, but vampires and demons etc.

☮"Just because no one has been fortunate enough to realize how wonderful you are, doesn't mean you shine any less." - Summer Glau☮

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Summer Glau » Vote For Summer » Dark Horse VS: River Tam vs Buffy Summers!
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: