MCM Ireland Comic Con
July 1-2, 2017

Misc. News on Pilots and Series
By KevinInEngland

The Happy Birthday thread
By KevinInEngland

Summer Glau at FACTS
By chrisdvanne

The OFFICIAL Summer Glau Appreciation Page!
By KevinInEngland

Misc. News on Movies and other Tidbits
By chrisdvanne

Photos of celebrities from the Glau-verse & beyond
By chrisdvanne

The official funny thread
By chrisdvanne

Interesting about the franchise and other TSCC things
By KevinInEngland

Website Information
By Admirator

Summer Glau at Rhode Island Comic Con 2016
By chrisdvanne

New comments

KevinInEngland on: Brief interview with Summer Glau on set of Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

KevinInEngland on: Gallery update: Nathan Fillion, Summer Glau and Joss Whedon in UK TV show to promote Serenity

chrisdvanne on: Gallery update: Nathan Fillion, Summer Glau and Joss Whedon in UK TV show to promote Serenity

chrisdvanne on: Gallery update: Nathan Fillion, Summer Glau and Joss Whedon in UK TV show to promote Serenity

Admirator on: Happy New Year 2017 everyone!

chrisdvanne on: Happy New Year 2017 everyone!

KevinInEngland on: Happy New Year 2017 everyone!

chrisdvanne on: Happy New Year 2017 everyone!

KevinInEngland on: Happy New Year 2017 everyone!

Admirator on: 2017 Summer Glau calendar now available!

New videos

00:01:20

00:02:56

New Forum Posts Members Forum Rules Search

Page 1 of 11
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Creativity Section » Fanart » 2015 Summer Glau Calendar
2015 Summer Glau Calendar
Date: Wednesday, 2014 Dec 03, 17:18 GMT | Message # 1

Site Admin

With the year 2015 fast approaching, it is high time we launch the making of the Summer Glau Calendar for next year.

For this year calendar, I suggest we keep it simple and use a standard template for the different months graphics. I have chosen the same set of colors as the one we are using for the new design of the homepage.
The theme of the calendar is Summer Glau at red carpet events.

Here are the main features of the calendar:
Format: A4 Landscape
Size: 210×297 mm (8.3 x 11.7 inches)
HQ 300dpi files - 3508 x 2480 pix
Print Ready

And here's the front cover.

2015 Summer Glau Calendar - Cover

Don't use the jpg files uploaded in the gallery to print the calendar. We will provide a PDF file containing the images of the 2015 Summer Glau calendar when it's finished, as well as instructions on printing the calendar using a printing-house.

The front cover is from a 2007 photoshoot by Tyler Shields.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Date: Thursday, 2014 Dec 04, 02:57 GMT | Message # 2

Friends

# 1  Excellent front cover absolutely love it. Great choice from Tyler Shields photoshoot collection. I really love the design of the dress with the Domino effect. I think Summer just looks so natural with beauty and with a touch of class to go with the casual pose. Great choice Chris! I really like it.

Date: Thursday, 2014 Dec 04, 09:59 GMT | Message # 3

Site Admin

Ref #2

Charles commented the cover on Facebook and it looks like you and him have the same opinion.

I like this specific picture chosen for the cover: her pose has a certain confidence and sassy quality which only enhance her sensuality, but none of those factors are too pronounced either, which is good - classy modesty is just as much a defining characteristic of Summer as her raw sex appeal.

The fact that it's not actually revealing (despite being pleasing to the eye) is perfect for a cover because its aim should be to tempt and inspire burning curiosity about what's inside... I think it's also an apt choice because its from a series that highlighted the distinct, otherworldly doll-like aspect of Summer's beauty. I can't think of any other actresses who possess that quality, at least not in the same way.

The colour scheme works well in my opinion; it suits Summer's clothing and binds everything together nicely. Summer is prominent and occupies the space as if she owns it, thanks again to her pose, but there's also enough negative space to balance that and really help her stand out even more. Overall, it's simple and elegant, with just enough sensuality.

Date: Thursday, 2014 Dec 04, 10:00 GMT | Message # 4

Site Admin

Ref #3
And here's my answer to Charles.

Exactly that!
This picture is from a photoshoot and this type of picture usually provides better covers. This is also why I decided to use it, despite the theme of the calendar is Summer at red carpet events. And yes, I wanted something classy and elegant, that reflects the simplicity of the layout.
You'll notice the colors I used are those from the new design of the summer-glau.com homepage.
You forgot to speak about the play with shadows though; this image of Summer has its own shadow and it adds depth to the overall image. I like how the shadow of Summer's left arm spills over the brown label. And while the layer of the label is above the image of Summer, I digitally erased the part that was hiding Summer's left elbow to reinforce the depth of the image.

Date: Sunday, 2014 Dec 07, 15:39 GMT | Message # 5

Site Admin

The challenge is to transform a photo in portrait format into landscape format (using photoshop), like in this example.

TRON: Legacy Los Angeles Premiere - December 11, 2010TRON: Legacy Los Angeles Premiere - December 11, 2010

Date: Sunday, 2014 Dec 21, 00:55 GMT | Message # 6

Site Admin

The calendar is almost finished. I'm currently finalizing the back cover.

Date: Tuesday, 2014 Dec 23, 20:30 GMT | Message # 7

Site Admin

The Summer Glau 2015 calendar is now completed (just in time for the new year) and is waiting to be printed and hooked on your wall. This is the perfect gift for any Summer Glau fan.

IMPORTANT: Don't use the jpg files uploaded in the gallery if you want to print the calendar. Instead, use the PDF file containing the images of the 2015 Summer Glau calendar, and read the instructions on printing the calendar using a printing-house.

Read more at: Summer Glau 2015 Calendar Now Available

Date: Monday, 2014 Dec 29, 20:14 GMT | Message # 8

Site Admin

Hurry up if you want to get your copy of the 2015 Summer Glau Calendar on time for the New Year!

Date: Tuesday, 2014 Dec 30, 13:47 GMT | Message # 9

Site Admin

Michael got his copy!

As for me, I'm a bit late and placed an order on an online printing house only today.

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Creativity Section » Fanart » 2015 Summer Glau Calendar
Page 1 of 11
Search: