MCM Hannover Comic Con
May 20-21, 2017

MCM London Comic Con
May 26-28, 2017

MCM Belfast Comic Con
June 24-25, 2017

MCM Ireland Comic Con
July 1-2, 2017

The OFFICIAL Summer Glau Appreciation Page!
By chrisdvanne

Ron Glass, 'Shepherd Book' in Firefly, dies at 71
By chrisdvanne

Misc. News on Pilots and Series
By chrisdvanne

The Happy Birthday thread
By KevinInEngland

Photos of celebrities from the Glau-verse & beyond
By chrisdvanne

Interesting about the franchise and other TSCC things
By chrisdvanne

The Secret History of The Beast Wizard in TSCC via io9
By KevinInEngland

Misc. News on Movies and other Tidbits
By KevinInEngland

Lost Wiki header for The Cape Wiki
By chrisdvanne

The official funny thread
By chrisdvanne

New comments

Admirator on: Fan-made video reminds us why we love Summer

Александр XF on: GQ Photo shoot update

Admirator on: New candid picture of Summer

chrisdvanne on: New candid picture of Summer

Admirator on: New candid picture of Summer

chrisdvanne on: New candid picture of Summer

chrisdvanne on: GQ Photo shoot update

ec039 on: GQ Photo shoot update

New videos

00:05:42

00:01:20

New Forum Posts Members Forum Rules Search

Page 5 of 5«12345
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Creativity Section » Fanart » Summer Glau Wiki Calendar 2014
Summer Glau Wiki Calendar 2014
Date: Sunday, 2013 Dec 29, 11:43 GMT | Message # 61

Friends

Quote REG ()
I'm torn between two options: have a total control of the production of the graphics like this year (allows to have standardized graphics) or leave it to the imagination of the fans.

i think it would be best to mix it up, this year the standardized was great, and next year have the fans involved more.

knowledge is power.

Date: Tuesday, 2013 Dec 31, 16:14 GMT | Message # 62

Site Admin

I received my calendars (one copy for me and one copy I will send to Summer)!! biggrin

Here are some photos:

Summer Glau Wiki 2014 calendar printSummer Glau Wiki 2014 calendar printSummer Glau Wiki 2014 calendar print

It looks like the print shop darkened the graphics, which makes some of the monthly numbers difficult to read. Maybe I should have applied color filters first and only then add the monthly calendars. That is something I will keep in mind for next years calendar.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Date: Thursday, 2014 Jan 02, 19:47 GMT | Message # 63

Site Admin

As you know, a copy of this years calendar will be send to Summer Glau. I need your help for the accompagnying letter.

Purplehayes and I have come up with a first draft:

At the Summer Glau Wiki we see amazing artwork from the many skilled and talented artists within the Summer Glau fanbase every single day. Inspired by such excellent creativity, SGW was enthusiastic to contribute and had the idea of bringing the growing fan community together to produce its own fan-art calendar. This project proudly presents the wonderful work of Summer Glau and her fans in this beautiful third edition of the Summer Glau Wiki calendar, new for 2014.

Thanks to staff, members and fellow fans at SGW for the great contributions, suggestions and support which made the project a success for a third year running.
Special thanks to Jim and Richard for encouraging us to tackle the calendar project once again.

SGW wishes the best of luck to Summer Glau and all her fans in 2014!

Taking a look at the letter we send the previous years could be useful:

We members of the Summer Glau Wiki of Awesomeness, an online community of adoring fans, have undertaken this fan-art calendar project to celebrate you and your fantastic body of work in the spirit of camaraderie and mutual admiration.

Please consider the calendar and this accompanying letter as fruits of your labor, and our admiration and heartfelt well-wishes as a perennial crop that may support and sustain you throughout your artistic career. The emotion you evoke in our hearts and the fire you set to our imaginations, with your nuanced and vivid performances, are blessings that invigorate the youthful dreamer in us all.

Summer Glau Wiki was built by enthusiastic fans as an online resource for all things related to your craft. The site is frequently updated with new features and embellishments. It's a great place for friendly discourse regarding your dynamic and vibrant performances.

The calendar was inspired by you and created by folks who hold you in the highest regard. It began as something members thought would bring our growing community closer together, and an outlet where some of the most devoted fans on the internet could turn their collective creativity and hard work into something worthwhile. The results exceeded our own expectations and it was suggested that a copy be printed and sent to you. We hope you find it as splendorous as we do, it was a blast to make.

On the strength of our experience over the past few months we fully intend to outdo ourselves next year when we tackle The Summer Glau Wiki 2013 Calendar.

All our love & gratitude,
The Summer Glau Wiki.

Dear Summer:

We the members of the community that is the Summer Glau Wiki of Awesomeness are pleased to present you with the second Summer Glau Calendar for your birthday. Last year, our first, we wanted to introduce ourselves to you and to tell you how much we admire your work. Your brilliant and engaging performances have brought great joy to all of us; your work inspired us to make the first calendar.

Since then, the community has grown and we have become more involved with other communities of fan fiction writers, social media enthusiasts, and many other fans, all of whom admire you and your work. As a larger community, we find that we all have a wonderful sense of engagement that was inspired by “a simple girl from Texas.”

Thanks to you, we have expanded our horizons both geographically and in what we watch. Your recent appearances at conventions in Australia, Seattle, and Dallas brought new members to the wiki, many shared photos, and fond remembrances. Your foray into Grey’s Anatomy got many of us to watch a show that we had never seen before. And we liked it. Your performance underscored what many have said: you do a great job portraying whatever character you are given regardless of genre.

We would love to have seen your portrayal of Sedona in "Scent of the Missing.” In the run up to the pilot, we had the pleasure to meet a great women, Susannah Charleson, who was kind enough to grant us an exclusive interview. Just like her, we have not given up hope that we will see the pilot on the screen in the near future.

Summer: we wish you a very happy birthday. We wish you every success and you have to know that we are 100 percent behind any choices that you make and whatever genre you appear in.

With fondest regards,

Your Friends at the Summer Glau Wiki

We need your help to finish the letter.

Date: Saturday, 2014 Jan 04, 09:51 GMT | Message # 64

Friends

Quote chrisdvanne ()
I received my calendars (one copy for me and one copy I will send to Summer)!!

Here are some photos:

It looks like the print shop darkened the graphics, which makes some of the monthly numbers difficult to read. Maybe I should have applied color filters first and only then add the monthly calendars. That is something I will keep in mind for next years calendar.

very nice. i got mine printed today! the colors came out a bit dark for me too. especially on the May page. not sure how much ink saturation they used but maybe it was a bit too much or the paper they used? but over all i am happy with the result.

No power in the 'verse can stop me.

Date: Wednesday, 2014 Jan 08, 17:44 GMT | Message # 65

Friends

I think I should add that the draft above was not written with the direct purpose of incorporation into the letter but rather as the note for the calendar's back cover (hence the similarity) and as such may require a little tweaking to suit its new purpose.

I think before anybody writes anything else in prose we ought to first outline what should be mentioned in the letter.

I suggest that we should mention things Summer was involved in in 2013 and related news that we learned such as how we enjoy her performances in Arrow and are pleased to see her in another successful show this year, how great it is that Knights of Badassdom finally made it to release, maybe mention something about Inside The Box since that was this year (wasn't it?) but I wouldn't know what since I know virtually nothing about this film, and how disappointed some of us were to hear that a new terminator show is being planned without her or the rest of the TSCC crew.

I'm sure that others can add to this list and maybe articulate some of the points I mentioned in a manner that would suit the letter so I look forward to reading those.
For my part I think I am best able to contribute by editing and rewording whatever people want to say in a way that will retain meaning but ensure everything reads smoothly when the content of the letter is fully conceptualised.

So please Glaudem, what would you like to say to Summer about the year 2013 and our calendar project?

Date: Wednesday, 2014 Jan 08, 18:41 GMT | Message # 66

Site Admin

Quote PurpleHayes ()
I suggest that we should mention things Summer was involved in in 2013 and related news that we learned such as how we enjoy her performances in Arrow and are pleased to see her in another successful show this year, how great it is that Knights of Badassdom finally made it to release, maybe mention something about Inside The Box

To be honest, I already wrote the letter and this is exactly what I did. I didn't use the paragraph we included in the back cover of this year calendar and mentioned her public appareances, as well as Arrow and Knights of Badassdom. I forgot to mention Inside the Box though, maybe next year.

Date: Wednesday, 2014 Jan 08, 19:28 GMT | Message # 67

Friends

Quote chrisdvanne ()
To be honest, I already wrote the letter and this is exactly what I did.
Ok, never mind then! I would like to have seen what everybody had to say for Summer and helped to write something nice for her but it doesn't matter, I can save it for my own letter if I eventually write one.

Date: Thursday, 2014 Jan 09, 20:10 GMT | Message # 68

Friends

Quote chrisdvanne ()
I received my calendars
  some of the monthly numbers difficult to read.
Got mine sorted today! 'Tis a beauty! I'm also straining to read some of the dates but overall it looks great! Big thanks to all involved and especially you chrisdvanne!

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Creativity Section » Fanart » Summer Glau Wiki Calendar 2014
Page 5 of 5«12345
Search: