[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Page 1 of 11
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Creativity Section » Fanart » TSCC Game
TSCC Game
Marcel93Date: Tuesday, 22 May 2012, 09:48 | Message # 1
Group: Friends

A real good idea it would be to bring out a Terminator SCC game. In an epic third-person shooter both seasons. All alone or multiple replay.

A free walk-in world. A mixture of Terminator 3 Redemption and GTA 4 would make the heart beat faster all the Terminator fans or not?

What do you say?

http://www.fanfiction.net
http://www.fanfiktion.de

Message edited by Marcel93 - Tuesday, 22 May 2012, 09:52

REGDate: Tuesday, 22 May 2012, 15:09 | Message # 2
if it is done well that would be great. but the Terminator franchise isn't what it once was. in the last few years it has taken a down turn a little thanks to the terrible movie Terminator Salvation.

No power in the 'verse can stop me.

Marcel93Date: Tuesday, 22 May 2012, 20:21 | Message # 3
Now Terminator 4 was not good, but not really bad, it was because the terminator was missing action.

If a gaming company should publish a Terminator game then Atarii in collaboration with THQ. Then such a project would be very valuable

Fox012Date: Wednesday, 23 May 2012, 00:29 | Message # 4
Group: Administrators
sounds Interesting...

First Mission and only mission when you play cromartie....

Kill John Connor

"I saw the victims of a senseless crime, I was reminded that we don’t know when or where our time on Earth will end. When or where we will breathe our last breath." -- Jessica "Redfield" Ghawi

BlaziusDate: Wednesday, 23 May 2012, 03:34 | Message # 5
Quote (Marcel93)
If a gaming company should publish a Terminator game then Atarii in collaboration with THQ. Then such a project would be very valuable

Who needs companies? This isn't about a movie where you have to beg for the professionals to do something.

Only thing we'd need is a dedicated modding team and a game with a decent mod support plus a few years. You'd get a TSCC game beyond your wildest dreams, possibly far better than anything a company could do.

Prob is that TSCC fandom doesn't seem to be that interested in games, or at least not that much to learn modding them. Pity because if a team started modding after the cancellation we'd have our perfect game by now with missions, voice acted.

Oh well, I guess I have to be content with my Summer mod for Oblivion....

Quote (Marcel93)
Now Terminator 4 was not good, but not really bad, it was because the terminator was missing action.

Its just my opinion of course but IMO the game was possibly even worse than the movie( and that says a lot)

Summer Glau is so awesome, it isn't even funny!
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne!

Message edited by Blazius - Wednesday, 23 May 2012, 03:37

REGDate: Thursday, 24 May 2012, 15:46 | Message # 6
Quote (Marcel93)

it was the worst of the franchise so far. i will mention one scene in particular. when John Connor flies the helicopter to escape the nuclear explosion and he crashes and somehow survives...there is no way that you could survive nuclear fall out that close to a nuclear bomb going off. not even 100 miles or 200 miles out. you'd get radiation poisoning and die.
that is one of the many things wrong with that movie. anyway i got off topic a bit there but every time i think or talk about T4 i just can't help but point out the flaws.

Quote (Blazius)
Prob is that TSCC fandom doesn't seem to be that interested in games, or at least not that much to learn modding them. Pity because if a team started modding after the cancellation we'd have our perfect game by now with missions, voice acted.

i am interested in games. i haven't played one for about 3 months. and the terminator games that have been made so far were all poorly done so developers haven't done a good job. they think that making an action game with terminators in it is good enough but it's not. it needs a good story first and foremost. without that it's just mindless killing with no purpose.

No power in the 'verse can stop me.

Marcel93Date: Friday, 25 May 2012, 14:42 | Message # 7
Hi all,
find the first great you are so committed to the topic. To fall back on some of the answers ...

Clearly it must not be the same company create such a game, but unfortunately there is little in the general population, people with knowledge of programming, or the same mods.

At T4, he really was not the best, I hope this will change with the T5 is now firmly scheduled.

Well I would say the best or the best games were much more

- Terminator 3: The Redemption
- Terminator 3: War of the Maschines

So begins a TSCC game as Fox012 said to begin with Cromartie would be a Great thing, perhaps no game more directly a modification for the computer game Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines?

Or a modification for GTA San Andreas, GTA 4 or the new GTA5? Always down there Terminator mod for GTA San Andreas and have not done badly.

BlaziusDate: Friday, 25 May 2012, 18:46 | Message # 8
Quote (Marcel93)
Clearly it must not be the same company create such a game, but unfortunately there is little in the general population, people with knowledge of programming, or the same mods.

Well I don't have exact numbers but my experience is that games with decent mod support from the company tend to have huge modding communities which produce countless high quality mods of various types. Various franchises tend to be represented in them too depending on how much they match the genre of the given game( making a sci-fi in a fantasy game is tricky albeit not impossible). So I'd say modders are actually more numerous than people would think.

Sadly TSCC and Summer related things are almost non-existent in mods which is why I'm thinking that their fan communities aren't generally interested too much in such things for some reason.

To put Summer in a game for example, all you need is some decent skills in a 3d modelling sofware, skills with photoshop for the textures, and you need to read a few tutorials on the coding part, maybe downloading some community created tools. This is for a fairly moddable game.

Now if you want to make a total overhaul you need to do this for every person and item from the show. Then you need to learn the scripting of the given game, plan out the story and how you'd implement it and then make it.

It sounds a lot but people usually work in teams and split the work so one person only needs to do what they are skilled in. You can also use the communities and if the company provided them, their developer tools to make things easier. It'd still generally take a few years till you are done but many such overhauls managed to provide marvelous new experience to gamers.

So while its not that easy its certainly not impossible for a dedicated community to create such a game. Its been done before countless times, it has a proper method, all it takes is a dedicated group with the required skills( which skills aren't that rare either as I said earlier)

Quote (Marcel93)
So begins a TSCC game as Fox012 said to begin with Cromartie would be a Great thing, perhaps no game more directly a modification for the computer game Terminator 3: Rise of the Machines?

Rise of the Machines is among those games which aren't very moddable unfortunately. The company couldn't care less about modding, the games extensions are tricky to decompile. It doesn't have a modding community either, so there are no easy to use modding tools.

Quote (Marcel93)
Or a modification for GTA San Andreas, GTA 4 or the new GTA5? Always down there Terminator mod for GTA San Andreas and have not done badly.

Thats a better idea IMO. I don't have personal experience with them but I know that modelling and texturing is possible and the scripting can be done if you learn it. I haven't seen big overhauls for them but IMO if a team jumps on it, they could make a decent TSCC game out of them.

Summer Glau is so awesome, it isn't even funny!
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne!

Marcel93Date: Saturday, 26 May 2012, 13:05 | Message # 9
Yes I agree with you Blazius.

It would be very easy to make a modification for GTA because GTA was developed especially for the computer so as to allow for mods.
But it has only one he has to come with the necessary people skills are very important and they really need to work on it. There were plenty of projects that were very promising and have never been brought to an end.

GaogaDate: Saturday, 28 Jul 2012, 09:50 | Message # 10
Quote (Marcel93)

Quite agree with you. biggrin

"He who fears being conquered is sure of defeat."
terminator model

chrisdvanneDate: Tuesday, 26 Feb 2013, 06:20 | Message # 11
Group: Administrators
The following is not a TSCC game unfortunately but the poster of the video titled it: 'Let's Play Future Shock, Part #1 - Dude, Where's Summer Glau?'

Bethesda's "Terminator: Future Shock" is a pretty hardcore First Person Shooter which combines challenging action gameplay with exploration of some fairly huge levels. Although the missions themselves are linear, there's an open-ended feel to the game as the player traverses sprawling urban landscapes and enemy installations, constantly on the lookout for ammo, health, armor and new weapons (which are often well hidden).

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

FrankDate: Monday, 29 Jul 2013, 13:19 | Message # 12
It's a great idea to make a game or a modification on a favorite TSCC. I would have helped, but I'm not an expert in this area.

Quote (chrisdvanne)
The following is not a TSCC game unfortunately but the poster of the video titled it: 'Let's Play Future Shock, Part #1 - Dude, Where's Summer Glau?'

I know this game. I've heard that there have been attempts to translate it into other languages. This means that there is an opportunity to change something in the dialogues of the game to replace one of the characters in the character Cameron. As an option - make her the main hero of the game.

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Creativity Section » Fanart » TSCC Game
Page 1 of 11
Search: