[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Page 9 of 15«1278910111415»
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Creativity Section » Fanart » Summer Glau Wiki Calendar 2013
Summer Glau Wiki Calendar 2013
REGDate: Thursday, 26 Apr 2012, 03:16 | Message # 121
Group: Friends
i am thinking of doing a fan art. but i haven't decided what images to use.

No power in the 'verse can stop me.

TraKenDate: Thursday, 26 Apr 2012, 17:27 | Message # 122
Quote (chrisdvanne)
Quote (TraKen)
Hey guys! How's that calendar coming? Got any more fanarts coming in?

I got a few ones almost finished; will work on it next week.

That sounds good, I can't wait to see what you come up with!

I'm just asking because I was thinking about making another one. But like REG says in his post, I too wonder what images to use. You know, so that I don't end up using images that have already been used.

But since REG also wants to make a contribution, I think I'll just sit back and take it easy tongue

FermiDate: Thursday, 26 Apr 2012, 21:14 | Message # 123
Group: Administrators
For a complete calendar we need 13 graphics, 12 for the months and 1 for the cover.

So far we have 11 graphics and we only need 2 more, but if you are interested in doing more fan art, that is not a problem. Because I created 6 graphics and if a user submit better options, then we do not need to use all those.

Here are my graphics, posted in the order I like them, (the bottom ones I like least and the top ones best)

Futurezone an old member of this site contributed with a fanart in this thread, that we going to use.

We asked Mac T Mictlan Ahuizotl a member of a facebook fan club if we could use his fanart in the calendar and he agreed, but fanart that is submitted in this thread by members will have higher priority.

This are Chrisdvannes contributions so far:

Summer Glau Wiki calendar

chrisdvanne

and TraKen

The deadline for the project is 1 June. We would like to send it to Summer so she gets it in time for her birthday, July 24th.

We will also send her a scrap book http://summer-glau.com/forum/4-392-1

You can't stop the signal!

TraKenDate: Thursday, 26 Apr 2012, 22:22 | Message # 124
Ok, cool. I think it looks great so far!

Very well, since you put it that way, I'll start working on another one soon smile

REGDate: Friday, 27 Apr 2012, 06:10 | Message # 125
wow those are awesome! i am a wondering if i can make art to make to the same standard as those that have been submitted so far.

is there a template that we are using? for the dates and such or is that going to be added on top of the fan art we submit?

chrisdvanneDate: Friday, 27 Apr 2012, 09:34 | Message # 126
Quote (REG)
wow those are awesome! i am a wondering if i can make art to make to the same standard as those that have been submitted so far.

Thanks! From the start, the goal was to give to this calendar a professional look and to avoid the amateurish, fan-made look; not saying we managed though, also it's impossible to have standardised graphics since several different artists have submitted their graphics.

Quote (REG)
is there a template that we are using? for the dates and such or is that going to be added on top of the fan art we submit?

The template is simply to use a 1684x1191 size for the graphic, no need to worry about the dates and such, it can be added later.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

REGDate: Friday, 27 Apr 2012, 09:54 | Message # 127
by standard i meant that they are so high quality and i am not sure if i can do as good as others have done smile

chrisdvanneDate: Friday, 27 Apr 2012, 12:09 | Message # 128
Quote (REG)
by standard i meant that they are so high quality and i am not sure if i can do as good as others have done smile

That's what i meant also, even if it was not clear smile

I have to do some modifications on my previous graphics, like for the shadow of the second one for example (change orientation and blur the edges).

REGDate: Saturday, 28 Apr 2012, 14:42 | Message # 129
so the one with Summer doing ballet with some stars behind her is what you made?

chrisdvanneDate: Saturday, 28 Apr 2012, 16:01 | Message # 130
Quote (REG)
so the one with Summer doing ballet with some stars behind her is what you made?

Sorry, i misguided you, Fermi made that one!

Mines are under the line :
This are Chrisdvannes contributions so far:

I was talking about the one with Cameron jumping in front of the bunker.

REGDate: Sunday, 29 Apr 2012, 11:25 | Message # 131
Quote (chrisdvanne)
I was talking about the one with Cameron jumping in front of the bunker.

it has a nice industrial feel to it smile

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -

Quote (Fermi)
The deadline for the project is 1 June. We would like to send it to Summer so she gets it in time for her birthday, July 24th.

so i have to submit my fan art for the calendar by 1st June at the absolute latest?

i am starting it today. i spent a few hours last night screen capping from the Firefly and Serenity blu rays. i am going to make a River themed fan art. i see that Mac T Mictlan Ahuizotl has already made one with the quote "No power in the 'verse can stop me." i am going to be using this quote too. please let me know if you want me to change it as it would be kind of strange to have the same quote twice in the calendar.

Message edited by REG - Sunday, 06 May 2012, 07:56

TraKenDate: Thursday, 10 May 2012, 23:38 | Message # 132
Hey guys! I've been working on this one for a few days, hope it's good enough smile

chrisdvanneDate: Friday, 11 May 2012, 00:18 | Message # 133
Quote (TraKen)
Hey guys! I've been working on this one for a few days, hope it's good enough

We will wait till we have all the graphics (deadline is June 1st) and we will decide collectively which graphics are selected; personally, i prefer to have a maximum of graphics from various artists, instead of 12 top graphics from the same contributor.

TraKenDate: Friday, 11 May 2012, 00:30 | Message # 134
Quote (chrisdvanne)
Quote (TraKen)
Hey guys! I've been working on this one for a few days, hope it's good enough

We will wait till we have all the graphics (deadline is June 1st) and we will decide collectively which graphics are selected; personally, i prefer to have a maximum of graphics from various artists, instead of 12 top graphics from the same contributor.

Of course, do you think that I was planning to take all 12 spots? wink That's why I said earlier that I was going to sit back when REG said he wanted to make a contribution.

I mean, it's a calendar made by fans for the fans. So I couldn't agree more with you that it's better to have 12 graphics from 12 different artists. And now that you have 2 of mine, you've got an option to pick the one you like better smile

Message edited by TraKen - Friday, 11 May 2012, 00:34

chrisdvanneDate: Friday, 11 May 2012, 00:38 | Message # 135
The more graphics, the better. And if there is different artists, that's even better.

I prefer to have 20 graphics and then make a selection instead of having just 12 graphics; the criteria for the selection should be, in no particular order : different artists, quality of the graphics, variety in the graphics (not 5 pictures of Cameron holding guns) and suitability with the template.

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Creativity Section » Fanart » Summer Glau Wiki Calendar 2013
Page 9 of 15«1278910111415»
Search: