menu
person
Check out the latest additions to our ever expanding GALLERY hosting over 65,000 photos!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Creativity Section » Fanart » Summer Glau Wiki Calendar 2013
Summer Glau Wiki Calendar 2013
FermiDate: Sunday, 12 Feb 2012, 02:44 | Message # 91
Group: Administrators
March

You can't stop the signal!

chrisdvanneDate: Sunday, 12 Feb 2012, 02:54 | Message # 92
Quote (Fermi)
March

Nice!
I like the idea that this year graphics can have as much visual impact as last year without being too complex.
Also i like that the colour of the month echoes the general tones of the fanart; maybe we should try to use the same colour for the month, the quote and the logo.

Side note : the car featured behind Summer is not a Tesla but a Mercedes SLS AMG (see : The Cape’s Cars)

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Message edited by chrisdvanne - Sunday, 12 Feb 2012, 02:55

FermiDate: Saturday, 25 Feb 2012, 00:28 | Message # 93
This fan art was made by Mac T Mictlan Ahuizotl and he agreed that we could use it in the calendar.
I added the month "July", the logo and a quote to his art. I'm not sure what quote would be best to use, though.

chrisdvanneDate: Saturday, 25 Feb 2012, 09:43 | Message # 94
Quote (Fermi)
This fan art was made by Mac T Mictlan Ahuizotl and he agreed that we could use it in the calendar.

Great addition!

I have not forgotten the calendar but i'm lacking of time these days.

Message edited by chrisdvanne - Sunday, 26 Feb 2012, 02:33

FermiDate: Saturday, 25 Feb 2012, 23:54 | Message # 95
This is the one I been working with

There is 5 more until completing the year. I already made 5 graphics and this is the last one I'll be making for this project.

Edit I see the error on the calendar and I will fix it.

FermiDate: Wednesday, 29 Feb 2012, 21:21 | Message # 96
Anyone working on this calender?

chrisdvanneDate: Thursday, 01 Mar 2012, 19:37 | Message # 97
Our friend Kali kindly highlights the Summer Glau Wiki Calendar 2012 in her website Summer Glau Daily with a picture and the video made by Fermi.

FermiDate: Friday, 02 Mar 2012, 17:13 | Message # 98
I think I have set the rib too high with my fanart:P

Next year I think we will make another project that more members can participate in.

chrisdvanneDate: Friday, 02 Mar 2012, 17:42 | Message # 99
Quote (Fermi)
I think I have set the rib too high with my fanart:P

Next year I think we will make another project that more members can participate in.

I disagree.
I think that the artistic value of the graphics was higher last year.

I tried to suggest a minimalistic layout on purpose, thinking that more fans would submit fanarts; it's just that fans are enthusisatic when they see the final product but not that many are ready to get involve and spent a few hours learning photoshop.
Same can be said about the involvement in the Wiki; i always encourage people to participate but how many respond positively compared to the number of daily visitors.

About the garphics, the best way to have more graphics submitted is probably to ask fans around the fandom (not only inside the wiki) if they'd like one of their fanart to be included on the calendar; i see no reason why they should refuse.

As for me, i have done plenty of fanarts during the year that could be used here with a few adjustments, this partly why i don't worry about my participation.

Message edited by chrisdvanne - Friday, 02 Mar 2012, 17:44

FermiDate: Tuesday, 06 Mar 2012, 22:03 | Message # 100
come on guys please start working on something...

FermiDate: Wednesday, 07 Mar 2012, 03:13 | Message # 101
October

Note I've note switched the calender from the last one I worked with.
Note this are definitely the last one I'm doing.
4 more to go and you have 6 weeks to complete them (The last month we will work on the cover, adjustments and the letter).

futurezoneDate: Wednesday, 07 Mar 2012, 04:35 | Message # 102
Group: Friends
[/img]

Hi guys,i hope you like these cameron design.fermi you could use it on the calendar.

FermiDate: Wednesday, 07 Mar 2012, 14:16 | Message # 103
Quote (futurezone)
Hi guys,i hope you like these cameron design.fermi you could use it on the calendar.

Thank you futurezone, we will use it in the calendar.

FermiDate: Wednesday, 14 Mar 2012, 17:49 | Message # 104
Quote (Fermi)
I disagree.
I think that the artistic value of the graphics was higher last year.

I tried to suggest a minimalistic layout on purpose, thinking that more fans would submit fanarts; it's just that fans are enthusisatic when they see the final product but not that many are ready to get involve and spent a few hours learning photoshop.

It was the same last year when working on the fanart, members was more involved when we later wrote the fan letter.

In last year letter we promised Glau to make a better calendar and a calendar we will make. I'm not sure if the minimalistic layout constitute to be called better and I was hoping that more members were involved in the project. A calendar only a few been working on is not such an impressive gift from our whole community.

My suggestion is that we instead work more with the writing this year. Like individual letters from members.
Similar to this project: http://www.sarahconnorfans.com/page....h+%2709

I don't have an exact idea how it will work yet. The letters could be integrated with the calender or on a separate book that will be send/handed over with the calendar.

We will only start this project if there is enough interest for it amongst the members. What do you think?

chrisdvanneDate: Wednesday, 14 Mar 2012, 18:55 | Message # 105
I have no doubt the Calendar will be done on time; at the same time i regret that few fans have expressed an interest in making fanarts themselves of course.

Accompagnying letters/fanarts like what was done at the time at the sarahconnor site is a good idea; no skills are required to write a few words and there wouldn't be an imposed layout like for the calendar, which should incite more members to participate i guess.

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Creativity Section » Fanart » Summer Glau Wiki Calendar 2013
Search: