[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Page 5 of 15«12345671415»
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Creativity Section » Fanart » Summer Glau Wiki Calendar 2013
Summer Glau Wiki Calendar 2013
chrisdvanneDate: Saturday, 21 Jan 2012, 10:02 | Message # 61
Group: Administrators
@ Alex :
There is no way such a small item could overshadow the fanart itself; the logo could be much more sophisticated but what would be the point since the details won't be noticeableonce the logo is embedded in the graphic. This is also why the little imperfections don't bother me.

I suggest we keep working with the circular logo shown in post #46 for now and nothing prevent us from improving the design later.

Quote (Alex)
As to the writing you need, I would be very happy to contribute in any way I can.

You may want to have a look at the thread where we collectively built the letter from last year : Fan letter to Summer Glau
As Fermi said, it will be done later in the process.

Your caption idea is very interesting; i had in mind to add a credit page this year (for example at the end of the calendar) so that your idea fits perfectly. Once again its' maybe too soon to start the making itself but we keep that in mind.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

FermiDate: Monday, 23 Jan 2012, 01:20 | Message # 62
Lol I just notice that I forgot march in last years tribute video huh

You can't stop the signal!

FermiDate: Monday, 23 Jan 2012, 01:27 | Message # 63
Quote (chrisdvanne)
I suggest we keep working with the circular logo shown in post #46 for now and nothing prevent us from improving the design later.

I like the circular logo best. We should decide a good location and font for the month.

Does it work fine with the font I used for the quote or shall we decide another one?

chrisdvanneDate: Monday, 23 Jan 2012, 01:36 | Message # 64
Quote (Fermi)
I like the circular logo best.

ok
Quote (Fermi)
We should decide a good location and font for the month.

i have something in mind, will do a test in a few minutes
Quote (Fermi)
Does it work fine with the font I used for the quote or shall we decide another one?

The good point is that the font is readable;we can keep it for now and nothing prevent us from changing it later.

chrisdvanneDate: Monday, 23 Jan 2012, 02:51 | Message # 65
Here's what i suggest for the month location: classic and simple.

Summer Glau Wiki calendar

AlexDate: Monday, 23 Jan 2012, 05:04 | Message # 66
Group: Bloggers
Quote (chrisdvanne)
Here's what i suggest for the month location: classic and simple.

Summer Glau Wiki calendar

I like the palette of colours you have used. If I may suggest, there is a major diagonal line (Summer's shoulders and back) and I think it should be more central, perhaps along the major diagonal line of the page (upper left to bottom right). That would also move her left arm closer to the major vertical line of the calendar dates. I would recommend that the top of her head be part of the image too rather than cutting it off as shown here. As well, what would you think of making the font in the month heading a bit larger?

The background images, are they of Summer as well? Do they relate to the caption?

Good work Chris. Your strong sense of composition makes for a very interesting page. And of course you have great material to work with!

If you are going through Hell, keep going.

chrisdvanneDate: Monday, 23 Jan 2012, 13:00 | Message # 67
Quote (Alex)
I like the palette of colours you have used.

Thanks for noticing!
Indeed i tried to match the colors i used in the fanart, in the background image surrounding the fanart and in the additional items (calendar, logo, month). That job is not finished though, i have to work on the quote and on the logo so that that they match the general colours palette but also the blending options i used.
Once it will be finished, the graphic should have a smooth and professional look.

I owe you a little explanation about the images i used :
The background is a random one i choosed because of similar colours palette but the grungy tones offer enough contrast with the fanart imo. The image behind Summer Glau in the fanart itself is a screencap taken from a "Sons of Anarchy" promo trailer and then i applied various effects to make a "girrly girl" picture. The picture of Summer Glau is from the FHM photoshoot BTS video but the trick is that this picture is not in the video under that form; i explain everything in this thread with another exclusive picture : http://summer-glau.com/forum/9-247-6952-16-1313678826

The fanart can be seen here as well with others but the thing is that Summer's head is not showned at that moment of the video so that i have no possibilities to add the top of her head, all the more that i used brushes to erase the limits of the fanart and embed it smoothly in the page.

Quote (Alex)
what would you think of making the font in the month heading a bit larger?

Yes of course! I also thought about using lowercase instead of uppercase; i guess it depends if you want the focus to be on the fanart of on the calendar.

I just want to be sure we all agree on a general template (we're close now imo) then we will work on the the font themselves, their size,...

Message edited by chrisdvanne - Thursday, 26 Jan 2012, 00:04

FermiDate: Monday, 23 Jan 2012, 21:15 | Message # 68
Quote (chrisdvanne)
The good point is that the font is readable;we can keep it for now and nothing prevent us from changing it later.

The font is called Lucida Calligraphy

Quote (chrisdvanne)
I just to be sure we all agree on a general template

It looks great.

FermiDate: Wednesday, 25 Jan 2012, 01:25 | Message # 69
I improved my google judgementday fanart. I followed the layout instructions. I did not know what font to use for the month name. The fanfart should be 1684 x 1191px the January graphic is too wide.

Note I'll work more on this one and the February graphic. How does it look so far?

chrisdvanneDate: Wednesday, 25 Jan 2012, 10:22 | Message # 70
The fanart is great! The template needs minor adjustments.

The month's font i used is Copperplate Gothic Bold, size 36.

The placement of the items should be modified as following :
1) the space between the last line of the calendar ("30 Tue" in your graphic) and the bottom of the page should be equal to the interval between 2 lines of the calendar (it means raising your calendar by a few pixels)
2) the month should be aligned horizontally with the last line of the calendar
3) the line under the month shoud start from the very bottom of the page (as it is) but should end with the last letter of the month ("L" in this case)
4) the month+calendar block could be pushed on the left of the page; the interval between the edge of the page could be the width of the font. It will allow more room for the fanart.
5) since there is no more line of text on the bottom of the page, the quote can be centered now. Centered on the page itself or centered with the right edge of the calendar and the right edge of the page remains to be tested.
6) the positions of the logo and the quote should be inversed (logo on the bottom right corner) because the logo seems to be floating on the page as it is now.

These changes can be visualized in the following graphic (yes, wrong dimensions of the page) :

The last step will be to select the best fonts and size for the quote and the month; and maybe work on the harmonisation of the items in terms of color. Using a black colour for the month would contrast too much imo, a colour repeating the colour palette of the page as you did is better.

Message edited by chrisdvanne - Wednesday, 25 Jan 2012, 21:52

FermiDate: Wednesday, 25 Jan 2012, 23:57 | Message # 71
Quote (chrisdvanne)
The fanart is great! The template needs minor adjustments.

Here with minor adjustments

FermiDate: Thursday, 26 Jan 2012, 19:31 | Message # 72
I adjusted february.

I put some shadow effect on the line between the month and the calendar. The font-size on the qoute is 30. I'm satisfied with the current layout.

FermiDate: Tuesday, 31 Jan 2012, 23:46 | Message # 73
Bump. If no one have better suggestions we can keep the current layout. The width and the quote need to be adjusted on the January fan art. When that is done we'll have completed 3 months and need 9 more (10 with the cover).

How many are working on or planning to make fan art for this project?

chrisdvanneDate: Wednesday, 01 Feb 2012, 00:11 | Message # 74
Quote (Fermi)
How many are working on or planning to make fan art for this project?

Heathen will submit a fanart but i was waiting for an advanced template before seeing with her what fanart from her we could use. I have also enroled Nicole from summerglauonline, who is a graphic designer and has already made great Summer Glau/TSCC fanarts.

It remains to be seen how many fanarts from Heathen and Nicole could be used for the calendar. Also Nicole could give us her opinion on the layout.

NoPowerInTheVerse is very enthousiastic about the project but has limited graphic skills.

Message edited by chrisdvanne - Wednesday, 01 Feb 2012, 00:12

FermiDate: Wednesday, 01 Feb 2012, 01:37 | Message # 75
Quote (chrisdvanne)
Heathen will submit a fanart but i was waiting for an advanced template before seeing with her what fanart from her we could use. I have also enroled Nicole from summerglauonline, who is a graphic designer and has already made great Summer Glau/TSCC fanarts.

It remains to be seen how many fanarts from Heathen and Nicole could be used for the calendar. Also Nicole could give us her opinion on the layout.

NoPowerInTheVerse is very enthousiastic about the project but has limited graphic skills.

That is awesome I'm looking forward to seeing their contributions.

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Creativity Section » Fanart » Summer Glau Wiki Calendar 2013
Page 5 of 15«12345671415»
Search: