menu
person
Check out the latest additions to our ever expanding GALLERY hosting over 65,000 photos!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Creativity Section » Fanart » Summer Glau Wiki Calendar 2013
Summer Glau Wiki Calendar 2013
AlexDate: Friday, 06 Jul 2012, 02:24 | Message # 196
Group: Bloggers
Third draft - quite a bit shorter; less gushy.

Dear Summer:

We the members of the community that is the Summer Glau Wiki of Awesomeness are pleased to present you with the second Summer Glau Calendar for your birthday. Last year, our first, we wanted to introduce ourselves to you and to tell you how much we admire your work. Your brilliant and engaging performances have brought great joy to all of us; your work inspired us to make the first calendar.

Since then, the community has grown and we have become more involved with other communities of fan fiction writers, social media enthusiasts, and many other fans, all of whom admire you and your work. As a community, we find that we all have a wonderful sense of engagement that was inspired by “a simple girl from Texas.”

Thanks to you, we have expanded our horizons both geographically and in our choices of entertainment. Your recent appearances at conventions in Australia, Seattle, and Dallas brought new members, many shared photos, and fond remembrances. Your foray into Grey’s Anatomy got many of us to watch a show that we had never seen before. And we liked it. Your performance underscored what many have said: you do a great job portraying whatever character you are given.

Summer: we wish you a very happy birthday. We wish you every success and you have to know that we are 100 percent behind any choices that you make.

If you are going through Hell, keep going.

chrisdvanneDate: Friday, 06 Jul 2012, 08:36 | Message # 197
Group: Administrators
Great letter!
The descriptions and avertising were too much indeed, it's better to connect our experiences with Summer's like you did in this latest version.

I'd like to add the following paragraph because it shows one of the rare elements that gives us a bit of visibility on the net (this is what the Wiki lacks the most imo). Also it allows to not sound to soapy by mentioning something that didn't went well and turn it in something good after all.

We would have loved to see you [replace "see you" with something like "portray a touching character" or "bring your awesome acting qualities" or a better expression] in "Scent of the Missing". That experience [better word?] has given us the opportunity to meet a great women, Susannah Charleson, who was kind enough to grant us an exclusive interview. Just like her, we have not given up on the hope to see the pilot on the screen in a near future.

At Fermi : for the same reasons as last year, i would not recommend the use of "Summer Glau Wiki of Awesomeness"

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Message edited by chrisdvanne - Friday, 06 Jul 2012, 16:09

REGDate: Friday, 06 Jul 2012, 15:18 | Message # 198
Group: Friends
Quote (Alex)
Good point. But if she wanted to participate, she could. Remember, no power in the verse...

hey that is nice smile

No power in the 'verse can stop me.

AlexDate: Saturday, 07 Jul 2012, 19:41 | Message # 199
Here is version 4. I can shorten this a bit if needed. Comments are welcome as always.

Dear Summer:

We the members of the community that is the Summer Glau Wiki of Awesomeness are pleased to present you with the second Summer Glau Calendar for your birthday. Last year, our first, we wanted to introduce ourselves to you and to tell you how much we admire your work. Your brilliant and engaging performances have brought great joy to all of us; your work inspired us to make the first calendar.

Since then, the community has grown and we have become more involved with other communities of fan fiction writers, social media enthusiasts, and many other fans, all of whom admire you and your work. As a larger community, we find that we all have a wonderful sense of engagement that was inspired by “a simple girl from Texas.”

Thanks to you, we have expanded our horizons both geographically and in what we watch. Your recent appearances at conventions in Australia, Seattle, and Dallas brought new members to the wiki, many shared photos, and fond remembrances. Your foray into Grey’s Anatomy got many of us to watch a show that we had never seen before. And we liked it. Your performance underscored what many have said: you do a great job portraying whatever character you are given regardless of genre.

We would love to have seen your portrayal of Sedona in "Scent of the Missing.” In the run up to the pilot, we had the pleasure to meet a great women, Susannah Charleson, who was kind enough to grant us an exclusive interview. Just like her, we have not given up hope that we will see the pilot on the screen in the near future.

Summer: we wish you a very happy birthday. We wish you every success and you have to know that we are 100 percent behind any choices that you make and whatever genre you appear in.

With fondest regards,

Your Friends at the Summer Glau Wiki

Message edited by Alex - Sunday, 08 Jul 2012, 03:20

FermiDate: Saturday, 07 Jul 2012, 22:24 | Message # 200
Great job!

You can't stop the signal!

AlexDate: Sunday, 08 Jul 2012, 00:11 | Message # 201
Thanks. Let me know if there are any other changes needed.

chrisdvanneDate: Sunday, 08 Jul 2012, 00:30 | Message # 202
Good job Alex, this letter conveys a lot of positives messages that i hope will fill Summer with joy.

It's fine with me as it is.

AlexDate: Sunday, 08 Jul 2012, 03:22 | Message # 203
Thanks. I really appreciate being able to make a contribution. I did correct what I think was a small grammatical error. I have checked this over and it is ready to go.

FermiDate: Sunday, 08 Jul 2012, 15:14 | Message # 204
Here is a PDF with all letters, credits and acknowledgement PDF scrapbook

Note for some reason we are still waiting for the professional prints for the calendar to arrive.

Fox012Date: Monday, 09 Jul 2012, 09:09 | Message # 205
Good Job Alex

@fermi

how about a cover sheet before the credits or Acknowledge page? maybe the cover of the calendar?

"I saw the victims of a senseless crime, I was reminded that we don’t know when or where our time on Earth will end. When or where we will breathe our last breath." -- Jessica "Redfield" Ghawi

Message edited by Fox012 - Monday, 09 Jul 2012, 09:12

KrelleKDate: Sunday, 15 Jul 2012, 15:43 | Message # 206
Group: Friends
Quote (Alex)
Third draft - quite a bit shorter; less gushy.

Dear Summer:

Since then, the community has grown and we have become more involved with other communities of fan fiction writers, social media enthusiasts, and many other fans, all of whom admire you and your work. As a community, we find that we all have a wonderful sense of engagement that was inspired by “a simple girl from Texas.”

Thanks to you, we have expanded our horizons both geographically and in our choices of entertainment. Your recent appearances at conventions in Australia, Seattle, and Dallas brought new members, many shared photos, and fond remembrances. Your foray into Grey’s Anatomy got many of us to watch a show that we had never seen before. And we liked it. Your performance underscored what many have said: you do a great job portraying whatever character you are given.

Summer: we wish you a very happy birthday. We wish you every success and you have to know that we are 100 percent behind any choices that you make.

I do not know what else I can add to this.

so let me just say that I hope you will have a greath and happy Birthday, from Kristen in Denmark

chrisdvanneDate: Sunday, 15 Jul 2012, 17:34 | Message # 207
Look what i found in my mailbox :

FermiDate: Sunday, 15 Jul 2012, 17:40 | Message # 208
Awesome

The1RussterDate: Sunday, 15 Jul 2012, 17:42 | Message # 209
Group: Writer
Fantastic!

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles REUNION

AlexDate: Monday, 16 Jul 2012, 01:38 | Message # 210
Ref Post 207:

That calendar looks great - very professional print job and I have to say that the cover graphic is quite stunning to look at. Of course, the choice of subject probably has something to do with it. biggrin

Message edited by Alex - Monday, 16 Jul 2012, 01:39

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Creativity Section » Fanart » Summer Glau Wiki Calendar 2013
Search: