menu
person
Check out the latest additions to our ever expanding GALLERY hosting over 65,000 photos!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Creativity Section » Fanart » Summer Glau Wiki Calendar 2013
Summer Glau Wiki Calendar 2013
FermiDate: Friday, 11 May 2012, 01:14 | Message # 136
Group: Administrators
Thank you awesome.

Almost a wrap we have 12 graphics just missing the cover.

You can't stop the signal!

chrisdvanneDate: Friday, 11 May 2012, 08:04 | Message # 137
Quote (REG)
i see that Mac T Mictlan Ahuizotl has already made one with the quote "No power in the 'verse can stop me." i am going to be using this quote too. please let me know if you want me to change it as it would be kind of strange to have the same quote twice in the calendar.

I'm sure you can come up with something else.

When we will have collected the 12 graphics, we will make adjustments to fix this kind of things anyway.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

TraKenDate: Friday, 11 May 2012, 16:09 | Message # 138
Group: Friends
Quote (Fermi)
Thank you awesome.

Almost a wrap we have 12 graphics just missing the cover.

You're welcome! I can't wait to see it when it's finished smile

REGDate: Tuesday, 15 May 2012, 11:11 | Message # 139
Quote (TraKen)
That's why I said earlier that I was going to sit back when REG said he wanted to make a contribution.

i am going to try and get it done this weekend. i have a day off Friday so i will be working on it some more then. and hopefully i will have it finished by Sunday.

Quote (TraKen)

When we will have collected the 12 graphics, we will make adjustments to fix this kind of things anyway.

ahh ok. i am still at the stage of gathering pictures and manipulating them. that is the longest part. once i have a background and etc, it will go pretty quick. not that i am rushing. art takes time and it's a labor of love smile

No power in the 'verse can stop me.

TraKenDate: Tuesday, 15 May 2012, 19:29 | Message # 140
Quote (REG)
Quote (TraKen)
That's why I said earlier that I was going to sit back when REG said he wanted to make a contribution.

i am going to try and get it done this weekend. i have a day off Friday so i will be working on it some more then. and hopefully i will have it finished by Sunday.

Quote (TraKen)

ahh ok. i am still at the stage of gathering pictures and manipulating them. that is the longest part. once i have a background and etc, it will go pretty quick. not that i am rushing. art takes time and it's a labor of love smile

I think you should take all the time you need, patience is important whenever you create something whether it's art, music, movies etc. But make sure you make it before deadline tongue I wanna see what you can come up with smile

REGDate: Friday, 18 May 2012, 02:36 | Message # 141
i am dedicating the weekend to make it. and yes i am going to get it done by the deadline. i have thought of another quote i can use but i will have to take some more screen caps or google search for some photos of Summer.

REGDate: Saturday, 19 May 2012, 08:29 | Message # 142
i have noticed on the art submitted so far that there is good transparency behind Summer's hair. the background behind it i mean. how is it that it's done? i am manually erasing the background on the pics i am using. is there a filter in Photoshop or some tool that can make it easier?

chrisdvanneDate: Saturday, 19 May 2012, 08:39 | Message # 143
Quote (REG)
i have noticed on the art submitted so far that there is good transparency behind Summer's hair. the background behind it i mean. how is it that it's done? i am manually erasing the background on the pics i am using. is there a filter in Photoshop or some tool that can make it easier?

Simply search for "selecting hair" videos on Youtube and practice.

Just an example

REGDate: Sunday, 20 May 2012, 09:07 | Message # 144
an update. i have spent about 4 hours today working on one picture. it took me a while to figure out how to remove the background behind Summer's hair and etc. but now that i know what to do the other pics i am going to use will be much easier to manipulate.

thank you for the link to the tutorial chris. from that i found more videos that went further into details about how to remove backgrounds and selecting the subject in pictures.

FermiDate: Friday, 25 May 2012, 00:51 | Message # 145
One more week until deadline. I suggest that we using trakens first graphic as cover

It just need a logo.

While we wait for REG to complete the last one we should start adjusting the others, some of the graphics still need calendars and quotes.

chrisdvanneDate: Friday, 25 May 2012, 01:18 | Message # 146
Quote (Fermi)
I suggest that we using trakens first graphic as cover

That's a good idea! Traken's graphics perfectly suits for a cover : simple and focused on the subject (Summer in this case)

Quote (Fermi)
It just need a logo.

Instead of a logo, i suggest a simple text "Summer Glau Wiki Calendar 2013" with a typo to be determined (maybe even on a background) that could be placed vertically at the left of the graphic.

I neeed to make a few adjustments on my last graphic indeed.

REGDate: Friday, 25 May 2012, 13:43 | Message # 147
Quote (Fermi)
While we wait for REG to complete the last one we should start adjusting the others, some of the graphics still need calendars and quotes.

i am almost done guys! i should have it done by the end of this weekend.

TraKenDate: Friday, 25 May 2012, 23:39 | Message # 148
Thanks! I'm glad you guys liked it so much and picked it as a cover. I'm honored smile

If there's anything you'd like to change in order to fit a logo or a text on it, just tell me and I'll change it for you, e.g. moving some pictures around.

Hey Fermi, do you know what I just thought of... if we use a logo, I could put it in the picture as a photo behind the cardboard layer, like the ones that are on the left and on the right side. Since my "wallpaper" isn't centered, that could be used as something to fill up the empty space that has been left on the left side.

The reason I left some space to the left is because I thought there would be "calendar numbers" there, and because I'm using it as a wallpaper myself. All the icons are located on the left side since I'm using Windows tongue

FermiDate: Saturday, 26 May 2012, 01:39 | Message # 149
Quote (TraKen)
Thanks! I'm glad you guys liked it so much and picked it as a cover. I'm honored smile

If there's anything you'd like to change in order to fit a logo or a text on it, just tell me and I'll change it for you, e.g. moving some pictures around.

Hey Fermi, do you know what I just thought of... if we use a logo, I could put it in the picture as a photo behind the cardboard layer, like the ones that are on the left and on the right side. Since my "wallpaper" isn't centered, that could be used as something to fill up the empty space that has been left on the left side.

The reason I left some space to the left is because I thought there would be "calendar numbers" there, and because I'm using it as a wallpaper myself. All the icons are located on the left side since I'm using Windows tongue

Yes that is a good idea, I have not made a logo, that is more chrisdvanne area of expertise.

I put a calendar and a quote on your second graphic.
2013 Calendar

The quote is taken from the magazine article of that photoshoot used in the graphic.

REGDate: Saturday, 26 May 2012, 10:37 | Message # 150
ok i have finished my art. i made it comic book style. to be more specific a comic strip.

please let me know if i have left enough room for the dates and the logo. i can move them inwards if needed.

Message edited by REG - Saturday, 26 May 2012, 10:38

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Creativity Section » Fanart » Summer Glau Wiki Calendar 2013
Search: