To be announced

Peter Panzerfaust Motion Comic
To be announced

Upcoming Events

Wizard World Comic Con Austin
November 17-19, 2017

Wizard World Comic Con New Orleans
January 5-7, 2017

The OFFICIAL Summer Glau Appreciation Page!
By chrisdvanne

The official funny thread
By Admirator

TSCC fanfictions
By The1Russter

obsessed with Summer
By diya123working

Josh Friedman news
By chrisdvanne

Summer Glau at San Francisco Comic Con 2017
By chrisdvanne

The Fanart Thread
By chrisdvanne

Misc. News on Movies and other Tidbits
By chrisdvanne

Submit a News or Article
By chrisdvanne

Summer Glau at Wizard World Chicago Comic Con 2017
By chrisdvanne

New comments

Admirator on: Fans share photos and stories of meeting Summer at San Francisco Comic Con

chrisdvanne on: Fans share photos and stories of meeting Summer at San Francisco Comic Con

Admirator on: Fans share photos and stories of meeting Summer at San Francisco Comic Con

chrisdvanne on: Fans share photos and stories of meeting Summer at San Francisco Comic Con

Lewis on: Fans share photos and stories of meeting Summer at San Francisco Comic Con

Lewis on: Fans share photos and stories of meeting Summer at San Francisco Comic Con

Jimmy PK on: Convention stories : Gregg's trip to Nashville to meet Summer

New videos

00:02:30

00:01:03

00:44:02

New Forum Posts Members Forum Rules Search

Page 4 of 5«12345»
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Creativity Section » Fanart » Cartoon continuation of TSCC project
Cartoon continuation of TSCC project
Date: Tuesday, 2011 Nov 15, 01:50 GMT | Message # 46

Friends

Quote (michelangelo)
Here's our result; i hope it will please you. If it doesn't bear a close resemblance with Summer, i think it's cute and would suit for a fanzine. Tell me what you think.

Its actually pretty good I think. It has definite Summer-ish characteristics I think. Of course the resemblance is not like a photographic but we don't want to do that right?

I say we could even start with this if we wanted. I don't know if you or others would want to improve it a bit more through.

Summer Glau is so awesome, it isn't even funny!
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne!

Date: Tuesday, 2011 Nov 15, 02:28 GMT | Message # 47

Site Admin

Some of the improvements for this drawing have been made using Photoshop because it's faster and allows to fix things more easely; one can try do improve it the same way.
It will certainly improve when we will study other angles and different expressions; it needs minor improvements like a new haircut, longer neck or even another nose.

We've been looking at screencaps from the show to study Camerons clothes and body. Also i have printed for Eric a promo pictures of TSCC featuring all characters (Sarah, John, John Henry, Weaver, Ellison) so that he can start studying them. That's quite some work.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Date: Friday, 2011 Nov 18, 18:07 GMT | Message # 48

Site Admin

The cartoonist and i are still working on the project and while we're still working on improving the drawing of Cameron, we are working on a comic strip right now. It's basically a short comical scene aimed at practicing at the draw and the characters study. Since it's a comic strip, the drawings will not require to be as detailed as in a comic book.
I've given him a small script describing a short story and the attached pictures; he will provide a first storyboard that we will improve together; help from the Wiki members will be needed to add the text so that it's funny and in proper English.
If the result is satisfying we shall continue to produce a few more ones and then start another step that will lead to a comic book and some sort of continuation to TSCC. The layout, the frequency of the publishing and the stories themselves are still to be figured out together.

Date: Saturday, 2011 Dec 10, 03:54 GMT | Message # 49

Friends

How the project goes BTW?

Are you making progress or there are difficulties, or "production is currently on hold due to technical difficulties and time constraints "?

Not that I want to hurry or anything, I'm just curious.

Date: Saturday, 2011 Dec 10, 10:36 GMT | Message # 50

Site Admin

Quote (Blazius)
How the project goes BTW?

Are you making progress or there are difficulties, or "production is currently on hold due to technical difficulties and time constraints "?

I won't lie to you, i have no new from Eric for 10 ten days; not sure what is going on. Did i "push" him too hard, did the fans requested too much from him so that he became bored, i don't know.
All i know is that this kind of project require a lot of dedication and you cannot expect a non-fan fan to have the same as us; money would have been a good incentive but that's something that did not came acroos in this project.

Date: Monday, 2011 Dec 12, 00:42 GMT | Message # 51

Friends

Quote (chrisdvanne)
I won't lie to you, i have no new from Eric for 10 ten days; not sure what is going on. Did i "push" him too hard, did the fans requested too much from him so that he became bored, i don't know.

Thats not good. Maybe we indeed wanted a bit too much from a non-fan. But we just wanted to do it to be the most perfect as possible since its about Summer I guess.

I just hope you didn't lost a friend because of a silly project and because we wanted far too much sad

Quote (chrisdvanne)
All i know is that this kind of project require a lot of dedication and you cannot expect a non-fan fan to have the same as us; money would have been a good incentive but that's something that did not came acroos in this project.

Indeed it would be the best if a fan drawer could help us out but I don't know any. Maybe we'd need some kind of " Summer Glau Wiki needs drawers for comic project" advertisement( If you don't do that already).

I personally don't think a fan project should be money based on the other hand.

Date: Monday, 2011 Dec 12, 01:17 GMT | Message # 52

Site Admin

I have not given up on Eric so far and he's still my friend.

I have thouht about an ads of course but a dedicated fan involvement would be better than someone responding to an ads imo, all options are open though.
New Summer Glau Wiki member riversfeet is a wannabee cartoonist., could be an option.
As i said previously, no money is involved, only cookies wink

Date: Monday, 2011 Dec 12, 01:39 GMT | Message # 53

Friends

Quote (chrisdvanne)
New Summer Glau Wiki member riversfeet is a wannabee cartoonist., could be an option.

Indeed. It'd be a far reliable option if the drawer would be somebody of the Summer fandom.

An actual Wiki member would be obviously more dedicated than an non-fan and we could at least say that the Wiki did this entirely on its own without much external support.

Quote (chrisdvanne)
As i said previously, no money is involved, only cookies

Cookies are good happy

You can't even eat money and its just makes everybody greedy dry

Date: Monday, 2011 Dec 12, 02:03 GMT | Message # 54

Site Admin

Quote (Blazius)
we could at least say that the Wiki did this entirely on its own without much external support.

Personally, i'm open to any help coming from other fansites; this is also true about the Summer Glau Wiki Calendar. I don't see why we should reject a talented artist under the excuse he's not a member.
Most of the people interested by Fox012 Acrylic prints give-away came from reddit and i had positive feedback from both sides; having more interactivity with fans outside of the wiki is something i'd like to developp in the future.

Date: Monday, 2011 Dec 12, 02:17 GMT | Message # 55

Friends

Quote (chrisdvanne)
Personally, i'm open to any help coming from other fansites; this is also true about the Summer Glau Wiki Calendar. I don't see why we should reject a talented artist under the excuse he's not a member.
Most of the people interested by Fox012 Acrylic prints give-away came from reddit and i had positive feedback from both sides; having more interactivity with fans outside of the wiki is something i'd like to developp in the future.

I guess you're right. Why should different Summer fan communities reject each other if we are all fans of the same person after all?

Lets hope your plan works and we can do this thing and/or resurrect the Club at long last.

Date: Monday, 2011 Dec 12, 02:39 GMT | Message # 56

Site Admin

Quote (Blazius)
I guess you're right. Why should different Summer fan communities reject each other if we are all fans of the same person after all?

Many fans share a lot of our values but it doesn't mean we should catch up with everyone, i'm not that angelic.

Date: Monday, 2011 Dec 12, 03:27 GMT | Message # 57

Friends

Quote (chrisdvanne)
Many fans share a lot of our values but it doesn't mean we should catch up with everyone, i'm not that angelic.

I did not think we should catch up with everyone of course. You know what my and I think most of the Wiki members opinion about different kinds of fans.

Date: Tuesday, 2011 Dec 27, 22:31 GMT | Message # 58

Site Admin

Apparently the hiatus is over; the cartoonist i'm working with showed up today.
He's currently working on a personal project which takes a lot of his time (indeed it's an ambitious one : pirates in a post-apocalyptic word, with more than 30 characters so far. Looks pretty good).

We worked on a TSCC-related comic strip i told him about a few weeks ago and he made a storyboard and sketches for me. This is still a work in progress of course but i wanted to work on a short comic strip before going into more serious things. This is also a way to have a final product in hand.
Here are the scans of his work :

Click on image for larger size
TSCC cartoon TSCC cartoon TSCC cartoon

I guess you will all recognize which TSCC scene was used to make the comic strip; for such short stories, the same level of details as in a comic book is not required.

Date: Saturday, 2011 Dec 31, 16:44 GMT | Message # 59

Friends

BTW I haven't even mention that I'm glad that you are still working on the project. Nice sketches!

I think this comic would be cool beyond belief if its completed, I hope it won't be abandoned.

I think through that we'd still need a bit help with the drawings to increase drawing capacity. It'd be more efficient if Riversfeet for example joined the project along other drawer fans.

Date: Saturday, 2011 Dec 31, 17:13 GMT | Message # 60

Site Admin

Quote (Blazius)
It'd be more efficient if Riversfeet for example joined the project along other drawer fans.

I'm not convinced about that, Eric and riversfeet have different drawing styles; it would be very difficult to obtain a visual consistency. More, it would be difficult to assign tasks arbitrarily when this is a fan (and fun) project.
As i mentioned at the very begining of the project, i cannot guarantee a final product will come out of this.

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Creativity Section » Fanart » Cartoon continuation of TSCC project
Page 4 of 5«12345»
Search: