Wizard World Comic Con New Orleans
January 5-7, 2017

The Happy Birthday thread
By KevinInEngland

The official funny thread
By chrisdvanne

Serenity Blu-ray Extra
By chrisdvanne

The OFFICIAL Summer Glau Appreciation Page!
By chrisdvanne

Summer Glau at Ottawa Comiccon 2014
By chrisdvanne

Interesting about the franchise and other TSCC things
By KevinInEngland

Submit a News or Article
By chrisdvanne

The Fanart Thread
By chrisdvanne

Juke Joint!
By Admirator

Misc. News on Movies and other Tidbits
By robbo

New comments

KevinInEngland on: Fan made TSCC season 3 trailer

Joseph Flowers on: Guess whose birthday it is today!

Joseph Flowers on: Guess whose birthday it is today!

Roboter on: Guess whose birthday it is today!

robbo on: Guess whose birthday it is today!

The1Russter on: Guess whose birthday it is today!

Charley_Dixon on: Guess whose birthday it is today!

Fermi on: Guess whose birthday it is today!

Admirator on: Guess whose birthday it is today!

Joseph Flowers on: Lovely shot of Summer and Val's wedding by Joan Allen

New videos

00:44:18

00:03:44

00:04:51

New Forum Posts Members Forum Rules Search

Page 3 of 5«12345»
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Creativity Section » Fanart » Cartoon continuation of TSCC project
Cartoon continuation of TSCC project
Date: Thursday, 2011 Nov 10, 00:24 GMT | Message # 31

Site Admin

Quote (Blazius)
I hope we don't make the comic all about a Jameron love story

Of course not, it's just i wanted to have a few fanarts for the Wiki; it was easier to ask for two lovers than for a fight between Cameron and another termi or a complex scene between Cameron and Sarah, especially when the cartoonist don't know TSCC universe.

There is a lot of work to be done in order to explain Eric what TSCC is about, the different characters, their interaction,...

Now is the time to get the drawings of the main characters right.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Date: Thursday, 2011 Nov 10, 01:49 GMT | Message # 32

Friends

Quote (michelangelo)
Of course not, it's just i wanted to have a few fanarts for the Wiki; it was easier to ask for two lovers than for a fight between Cameron and another termi or a complex scene between Cameron and Sarah, especially when the cartoonist don't know TSCC universe.

There is a lot of work to be done in order to explain Eric what TSCC is about, the different characters, their interaction,...

Now is the time to get the drawings of the main characters right.

That makes sense, we don't want to rush it after all.

LOl, I almost forgot that Eric has to do all other characters too. Poor Eric will be totally sick of TSCC when you are done with him I suspect smile

Isn't somebody who could help him BTW? That'd be more efficient IMO if the drawers had a team too.

Summer Glau is so awesome, it isn't even funny!
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne!

Date: Thursday, 2011 Nov 10, 02:29 GMT | Message # 33

Site Admin

Quote (Blazius)
Poor Eric will be totally sick of TSCC when you are done with him I suspect

You're right, besides i'm never satisfied of somebody's work.
My job is to channel his creative energy on the project itself, which can be a castrating process.

Coordinating a team of drawers would be almost impossible i'm afraid; i dare not imagine what it will be when we will decide the story.

Date: Thursday, 2011 Nov 10, 02:41 GMT | Message # 34

Site Admin

Quote (michelangelo)
Tell me which one you prefer.

The first one

Quote (michelangelo)
too big eyes or too thin lips

Summer has big eyes and so should the cartoon. Here is an example of a cartoon that have all her unique characteristics (facial features) heavily over-exaggerated:

But one recognize immediately that it is Summer Glau on the drawing.
Attachments: 5360140.jpg(67Kb)

You can't stop the signal!

Date: Thursday, 2011 Nov 10, 02:41 GMT | Message # 35

Friends

Quote (michelangelo)
Coordinating a team of drawers would be almost impossible i'm afraid; i dare not imagine what it will be when we will decide the story.

I suspect that would be the hardest part of all. Through the years we each established our own different stories about continuations or even interpretations of what we saw in the show. See how strongly each of us defends his own theory in the dedicated threads. Making basis for one cohesive story out of it won't be a piece of cake to say the least. I'm a bit worried.

Quote (Fermi)

What I want to see is something like this but not a caricature or anything but to find some kind of basic characteristic which is Summer-ish.

Message edited by Blazius - Thursday, 2011 Nov 10, 02:46

Date: Thursday, 2011 Nov 10, 04:46 GMT | Message # 36

Friends

@ Fermi
That pic of summer in #26 makes me think wow I would love to be the person she is looking at like that no wonder so many people are fans even just being herself she is open and inviting not shutting herself off

Date: Friday, 2011 Nov 11, 21:17 GMT | Message # 37

Friends

Quote (Fermi)
Quote (michelangelo)
Tell me which one you prefer.

The first one

Quote (michelangelo)
too big eyes or too thin lips

Summer has big eyes and so should the cartoon. Here is an example of a cartoon that have all her unique characteristics (facial features) heavily over-exaggerated:

A drawing of a Summer character without trying to be a really lifelike (neo photo) image would need to include (1) big eyes, (2) triangular mouth that transforms into a widish smile, and (3) largish forehead. And long dark hair, of course. I would be willing to accept a manga/anime girl who had these characteristics as a Summer persona.

[edit add] Oh yeah, also a thin waifish body -- should go without sayin'.

Message edited by termi-ninja-tor - Friday, 2011 Nov 11, 21:24

Date: Saturday, 2011 Nov 12, 00:46 GMT | Message # 38

Site Admin

Quote (termi-ninja-tor)
A drawing of a Summer character without trying to be a really lifelike (neo photo) image would need to include (1) big eyes, (2) triangular mouth that transforms into a widish smile, and (3) largish forehead. And long dark hair, of course. I would be willing to accept a manga/anime girl who had these characteristics as a Summer persona.

100% agree!
This is the points i have worked on with the cartoonist this afternoon. Great progress have been made to get Summer's characteristics but i'm not satisfied yet. I have printed the drawing above and a promo pic from TSCC season one so that he could practice. The goal is to have a portrait that includes the facial features you mentioned and is still cute.

Another appointment is fixed for next week; i hope it will be the last. I think it's worth spending some time to get Summer's character right first and TSCC other characters should follow but i will be less demanding about them i guess.

Also i told him that a character study (having pics of the head with numerous expressions and under various angle) should be relatively easy since Cameron has a relatively blank face 90% of the time. I showed him a video of 'Allison from Palmdale' though to show him the different characters of the show. It's important to be aware of the show's atmosphere to get the drawings right.

Message edited by michelangelo - Tuesday, 2011 Nov 15, 02:07

Date: Saturday, 2011 Nov 12, 00:55 GMT | Message # 39

Friends

Quote (michelangelo)
Another appointment is fixed last week; i hope it will be the last. I think it's worth spending some time to get Summer's character right first and TSCC other characters should follow but i will be less demanding about them i guess.

I'm happy that you are making progress. I don't want other characters to be as detailed either but seriously this is a project made by Summer Glau fans. It wouldn't be right if we couldn't show a good enough presentation of our Glaudess in our own comic.

Date: Saturday, 2011 Nov 12, 01:01 GMT | Message # 40

Site Admin

I'm aware that i'm very demanding with Eric and it can be cumbersome for him sometimes. Never forget that he is doing it at my demand but that he's not paid (i pay him with cookies, literaly) and has not the same level of dedication to Summer Glau as we have.

Date: Saturday, 2011 Nov 12, 01:13 GMT | Message # 41

Friends

Quote (michelangelo)
I'm aware that i'm very demanding with Eric and it can be cumbersome for him sometimes. Never forget that he is doing it at my demand but that he's not paid (i pay him with cookies, literaly) and has not the same level of dedication to Summer Glau as we have.

I'm aware that Eric might be under a great strain( especially after you mentioned tying him to a chair biggrin )

On the other hand if we want to do it then we should do it the best way possible especially if its about Summer.

Date: Monday, 2011 Nov 14, 17:37 GMT | Message # 42

Site Admin

Quote (termi-ninja-tor)
A drawing of a Summer character without trying to be a really lifelike (neo photo) image would need to include (1) big eyes, (2) triangular mouth that transforms into a widish smile, and (3) largish forehead. And long dark hair, of course.

Like in this drawing? king

The rest of the drawings can be found on the blog : Summer Glau in Firefly Webcomic

Date: Monday, 2011 Nov 14, 18:00 GMT | Message # 43

Friends

Quote (michelangelo)
Like in this drawing?

So we'll change the style of the comic?

It'd certainly be less stressful for Eric I guess wink

Date: Monday, 2011 Nov 14, 18:47 GMT | Message # 44

Site Admin

Quote (Blazius)
So we'll change the style of the comic?

It'd certainly be less stressful for Eric I guess

I've let Eric recover from the stress during the WE but i have made provisions of cookies to start this week. biggrin

Date: Tuesday, 2011 Nov 15, 00:59 GMT | Message # 45

Site Admin

We've worked hard with Eric, trying to capture Summer's unique facial features. Here are examples of the drawings we've been playing with :

Click on image for larger size.
Summer Glau Comic - Studies Summer Glau Comic - Studies Summer Glau Comic - Studies

We tried to follow what termi-ninja-tor said :

Here's our result; i hope it will please you. If it doesn't bear a close resemblance with Summer, i think it's cute and would suit for a fanzine. Tell me what you think.

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Creativity Section » Fanart » Cartoon continuation of TSCC project
Page 3 of 5«12345»
Search: