[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Page 1 of 11
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Creativity Section » Fanart » Firefly fanart by Boulet
Firefly fanart by Boulet
chrisdvanneDate: Monday, 24 Oct 2011, 14:01 | Message # 1
Group: Administrators
French comic book creator and cartoonist Boulet has published an illustration featuring the Firefly cast. He was among the first French cartoonist to become famous by publishing a comic strip weblog, starting in July 2004.

Click on image for bigger size

Firefly fanart by Boulet
Firefly fanart by Boulet

His previous fanart drawings are Game Of Thrones and Breaking Bad, also Kawaii style.

Game Of Thrones fanart by BouletBreaking Bad fanart by Boulet

Source : Boulet Firefly fanart

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

chrisdvanneDate: Monday, 24 Oct 2011, 14:04 | Message # 2
The artist also left a comment about his work (in French of course) :

Je suis hyper fan de cette série de Joss Whedon (qui a réalisé aussi Buffy, Dr Horrible, Dollhouse...)malheureusement interrompue trop vite. L'univers était génial: un futur proche, une période de colonisation de l'univers: les humains terraforment des planètes et s'y installent. Pas d'aliens, pas de guerres intergalactiques, juste un far-west infini, avec des planètes qui ressemblent toutes plus ou moins au Texas. Dans ce décor, on suit Malcolm Reynolds, ancien soldat indépendantiste (camp qui a perdu) et son équipage. Ils vivent de petits boulots agrémentés d'à-côtés un peu troubles. Un jour ils embarquent un jeune médecin et sa sœur, tous deux fugitifs, et Malcolm décide finalement de leur porter secours. La série est bourrée de bonnes idées, elle exploite un postulat de départ très malin qui permet à l'histoire de ne pas souffrir du manque de moyens. Les personnages sont drôles, les situations font appel à un référentiel aussi bien SF que Western... Son seul défaut: il n'y a qu'une seule saison. Whedon a bien essayé de "terminer" l'histoire avec un long métrage qui fait suite à la série (intitulé "Serenity") mais du coup c'est un peu dommage, toutes les pistes sont refermées très vite, et ça reste très frustrant. En tout cas, c'est à voir !

If a there is a French member on the Wiki, it would be very nice to translate the artist's note. king

FermiDate: Monday, 24 Oct 2011, 16:08 | Message # 3
Quote (michelangelo)
If a there is a French member on the Wiki, it would be very nice to translate the artist's note. king

No need when we have google translate

I'm super fan of this series by Joss Whedon (who directed as Buffy, Dr. Horrible, Dollhouse ...) unfortunately interrupted too soon. The universe was great: the near future, a period of colonization of the universe: the human terraforment planets and settled there. No aliens, no intergalactic wars, just an infinite Far West, with planets that look like all more or less in Texas. In this setting, we follow Malcolm Reynolds, a former soldier of independence (camp who lost) and his crew. They live on odd jobs to sides embellished with a little trouble. One day they boarded a young doctor and his sister, both fugitives, and Malcolm finally decided to rescue them. The series is full of good ideas, it operates a very clever premise that allows the story not to suffer from lack of resources. The characters are funny, the situations use a repository as well as Western SF ... Its only drawback: there is only one season. Whedon has tried to "finish" the story with a feature film that follows the series (entitled "Serenity") but suddenly it's a shame, all tracks are closed quickly, and it is very frustrating . In any case, it is to see!

You can't stop the signal!

GaogaDate: Saturday, 28 Jul 2012, 09:46 | Message # 4
Group: Friends
I like this image. By the way, I really don't think google has exact translation smile

"He who fears being conquered is sure of defeat."
terminator model

chrisdvanneDate: Saturday, 28 Jul 2012, 09:55 | Message # 5
Quote (Gaoga)
By the way, I really don't think google has exact translation

I compared it with the original text in French and it sounds good for me smile

chrisdvanneDate: Tuesday, 20 Nov 2012, 10:16 | Message # 6
Another Firefly fanart :

Firefly fanart

chrisdvanneDate: Sunday, 30 Dec 2012, 16:38 | Message # 7
Firefly/Serenity Promo Wallpaper by CALLIOPE79

A collage of our Big Damn Heroes to help promote the movie. Text above and below the main title says: "December 2002 - they told us it was over... September 2005 - we'll show them that it's just begun."

Here's the original 1024x768 pix

Firefly/Serenity Promo Wallpaper

I made a larger version 1809x1200 pix

Firefly/Serenity Promo Wallpaper

chrisdvanneDate: Sunday, 23 Jun 2013, 21:55 | Message # 8
Firefly: Wash and Zoe on a Dinosaur, by *Risachantag

Firefly: Wash and Zoe on a Dinosaur

chrisdvanneDate: Wednesday, 07 May 2014, 07:48 | Message # 9
Serenity Now by Otis Frampton

Some guys and gals from some TV show or movie or comic book. Not sure which.
Drawn and colored in Photoshop CS4 using a Cintiq 21UX.

Serenity Now by Otis Frampton

Would love to see an animated series based on these characters. Someone do this!

Otis also drawn a River Tam.

River Tam drawing by Otis Frampton

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Creativity Section » Fanart » Firefly fanart by Boulet
Page 1 of 11
Search: