menu
person
Check out the latest additions to our ever expanding GALLERY hosting over 65,000 photos!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Creativity Section » Fanart » Firefly Les Femmes Poster Set
Firefly Les Femmes Poster Set
chrisdvanneDate: Saturday, 16 Jul 2011, 22:42 | Message # 1
Group: Administrators
A collection of Firefly poster celebrating the four female members of the Serenity family will be on sale soon from Quantum Mechanix.

Click on image for bigger size

Four Art Nouveau Beauties Grace The Verse

Strong. Beautiful. Deadly. Sexy.

We offer those attributes in spades with the Firefly Les Femmes Poster Set. Created by designer Megan Lara using the sinuous lines, floral motifs and organic pastels that are characteristic of art nouveau, each of these ladies bedazzle with sheer personality and femininity.

Our four-poster set includes:

* Inara Serra, Companion House Madrassa's rising star, sensuously draped in a flowing, off-the-shoulder gown.
* Kaylee Frye, the sweet, wholesome, ever-cheerful ship's mechanic, posed with parasol in hand.
* River Tam, the psychic savant teenager with sword and axe at the ready to kick some Reaver ass.
* Zoe Washburne, the second in command aboard Serenity, a tough, savvy fighter clutching her trusty Mare's Leg.

The QMx Firefly Les Femmes Poster Set comes printed on 24" x 12" 100-pound, satin-finish paper. Four gorgeous art prints all for the low price of just $29.95.

A fifth poster, featuring Saffron — will only be for sale at Comic-Con.

Click on image for bigger size

Available for Preorder.
Expected to ship July 26, 2011.
Price: $29.95

Source : Firefly Les Femmes Poster Set at Quantum Mechanix.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Message edited by michelangelo - Saturday, 16 Jul 2011, 22:45

chrisdvanneDate: Sunday, 17 Jul 2011, 08:29 | Message # 2
These beautiful prints are directly inspired from Alphonse Mucha's work.

Mucha was a painter, from end 19th century's - begining 20th century, who made a lot of illustrations, advertisements and postcards. Though born in Czech Republic, Mucha studied art and worked in France. His work is also known as "Art Nouveau"(French for "new art").

GraniteDate: Sunday, 17 Jul 2011, 11:30 | Message # 3
Group: Friends
Magnificent image River, a bit like the image of Christian saints - I particularly happy that smile

" It's just an object. It doesn't mean what you think... "

" Pain ... It is the healing, purifying scalpel of our souls " - Warhammer 40000 universe.

chrisdvanneDate: Sunday, 17 Jul 2011, 12:53 | Message # 4
Quote (Granite)
Magnificent image River, a bit like the image of Christian saints - I particularly happy that

Coming from Czech Republic, i suppose that Alphonse Mucha was influenced by russian orthodox icons when he was young.

BlaziusDate: Monday, 18 Jul 2011, 18:37 | Message # 5
Summer indeed looks like a saint in this "icon". Adding the huge amount of angel arts of her and we could very well start a new religion! biggrin

BTW can't this be somehow incorporated into the design of the site? It symbolizes our admiration towards her very well IMO.

Summer Glau is so awesome, it isn't even funny!
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne!

Message edited by Blazius - Monday, 18 Jul 2011, 18:40

chrisdvanneDate: Monday, 18 Jul 2011, 18:50 | Message # 6
There is a sweetness in her look that is not on the movie itself, at least not when she has those weapons in her hands; maybe the artist wanted represent the duality of River Tam in one single image.

BlaziusDate: Monday, 18 Jul 2011, 18:54 | Message # 7
Yeah! And I'm surprised that the artist actually managed to draw her face and sweetness properly! Her face is quite complex and to keep the sweetness too its even more harder.

Summer Glau is so awesome, it isn't even funny!
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne!

chrisdvanneDate: Tuesday, 15 Nov 2011, 13:40 | Message # 8
Now it's the men's of Firefly turn. Mal, Wash, Jayne, Simon, and Book are all featured in the Firefly Les Hommes Poster Set.

More information, all individuels posters and references to Quantom Mechanics posters can be found in the blog : Firefly Les Hommes - Poster Set

Edit : also you can vote for Nathan Fillion at the People's Choice Awards 2012.; he is nominated in the 'Favorite TV Drama Actor' category.

Message edited by michelangelo - Tuesday, 15 Nov 2011, 13:44

chrisdvanneDate: Thursday, 29 Dec 2011, 12:20 | Message # 9
A Firefly fan has framed and put on the wall the whole collection of designer Megan Lara Firefly posters, Art nouveau style.

Click on image for larger size
Firefly Art Nouveau Posters
Source : Jae Michels on Facebook

chrisdvanneDate: Monday, 26 Mar 2012, 00:43 | Message # 10
More Megan Lara Firefly posters, Art nouveau style in a Firefly fan's flat :

http://imgur.com/a/0pNIZ

chrisdvanneDate: Tuesday, 04 Dec 2012, 18:20 | Message # 11
Original Concept Art from Firefly, Angel, Dr. Horrible and The Cabin in the Woods up for auction.

Shawna Trpcic has spent a lifetime in Hollywood, designing costumes for shows like Firefly, Dr Horrible, Cabin In The Woods, Angel and Dollhouse. Her house cleaning is your chance to get something unique and cool for xmas.

Take a look at these awesome sketches on eBay

chrisdvanneDate: Friday, 05 Apr 2013, 10:27 | Message # 12
Another Firefly fanart.

Firefly fanart

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Creativity Section » Fanart » Firefly Les Femmes Poster Set
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: