menu
person
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Creativity Section » Fanart » Summer Glau Wiki 2012 Calendar
Summer Glau Wiki 2012 Calendar
chrisdvanne_ Post # 121 | Friday, 08 Apr 2011 - 15:13
Group: Administrators
May template 300ppp :

Quote (Fermi)
Here is the filmstrip I am using
http://research.microsoft.com/en-us....rip.png

Thanks for the filmstrip; i was working on it as you uploaded it.

Quote (Fermi)
Top,bottom and filmstrip of course need to have the same proportions for all months else the calender will look weird.

Exactly : The total size of the calendar is A3 format (420mm width and 594mm high) for the print which correspond to 1191x1684 pixels image at 72 ppi.
Within this size, the aesthetic proportions should be : top graphic + filmstrip=2/3 and bottom (calendar section)=1/3, ie 1123 pixels for top+filmstrip and 561 pixels for bottom.
The ballet picture respect approximatively these proportions and so does the other images, so that only little adjustments are needed.

I have not calculated the size of the calendar itself but will see what you did on your previous work and suggest a size.

Attachments: 1342826.png(31.5 Kb)

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Message edited by michelangelo - Friday, 08 Apr 2011, 15:16

Fermi Post # 122 | Friday, 08 Apr 2011 - 23:13
I can make them in that size. The top graphic will become 767 pixels high. Is the quotations signs a big deal as the font you choose does not have them.

You can't stop the signal!

chrisdvanne_ Post # 123 | Friday, 08 Apr 2011 - 23:58
Quote (Fermi)
I can make them in that size. The top graphic will become 767 pixels high. Is the quotations signs a big deal as the font you choose does not have them.

Same calculation as you for the top graphic size. We can use another written font that has the quotation signs later (not a priority).

Message edited by michelangelo - Saturday, 09 Apr 2011, 01:19

Fermi Post # 124 | Saturday, 09 Apr 2011 - 01:08
The 3 last uploaded been adjusted with correct size http://photos.summer-glau.com....cat=-56

chrisdvanne_ Post # 125 | Saturday, 09 Apr 2011 - 01:34
Well done!
But it seems you have made the filmstrip bigger, too much for my taste. In my mind, the film strip is a secondary element and the top graphic should have the biggest size (height) possible. This is why i used filmstrips without black strip on my first draft of the ballet picture. I could live with it though.

Edit : let's continue with what size and proportions we have specified (1191x1684 pix, top graphic 767 pixels high and so on)

Message edited by michelangelo - Saturday, 09 Apr 2011, 02:32

Fermi Post # 126 | Saturday, 09 Apr 2011 - 02:12
It is the filmstrip I posted earlier it is the bottom graphic that have been reduced to what you suggested. Making the top graphic higher or reducing the height of the filmstrip would be a problem.

Fermi Post # 127 | Saturday, 09 Apr 2011 - 15:31
Here is a list of ideas so far

• Mermaid I'll continue the mermaid I started earlier. The graphic need to be bigger. It will be for July.
  • River in Space I thinking about making the River themed month out of future zones graphics.
  • Glaupyre The Halloween for October suggested by Devo.
  • The wedding by michelangelo.
  • The Cartoon Glau One idea I've is to make one with cartoon theme. Not just the cape but also Supergirl.

I also think something from the River Tam sessions should be used.

Charley_Dixon Post # 128 | Saturday, 09 Apr 2011 - 18:49
How about a damaged Cameron with metal parts exposed?
Just a few images we may use:
Cameron Damaged 3
Artwork in memory of Summer character Cameron in T:SCC
Cameron confronts John
from BTR
from S&D
I hope you got the idea.

Cameron: My brother says if you want to be good at anything, you have to practice every day.

Charley_Dixon Post # 129 | Saturday, 09 Apr 2011 - 18:58
Quote (Fermi)
Mermaid I'll continue the mermaid I started earlier. The graphic need to be bigger. It will be for July.

Actually I do not think it's a good idea because:
1. Summer never played a mermaid.
2. Our Jameron friends may remember this:
Riley as a mermaid

Cameron: My brother says if you want to be good at anything, you have to practice every day.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 130 | Sunday, 10 Apr 2011 - 00:29
Fermi did the mermaid picture because i used a beach pict from the Esquire photoshoot in my early trials; at the end, we agreed on a somewhat different template and storytelling.
We try in our graphics to tell a story; if we find the right angle, the damaged-Cameron pictures could be used.

Quote (Fermi)
The wedding by michelangelo.

More precisely, my theme is Orwell's journey in The Lich episode (part 1 and 2), what she's been through and what could be the consequences; i've given a peek of the dreamy wedding but it's only a part of the entire theme. You'll understand when i'm done with the graphics. This episode has great visuals, perfect for the calendar.

Message edited by michelangelo - Sunday, 10 Apr 2011, 01:38

Fermi Post # 131 | Sunday, 10 Apr 2011 - 01:13
Quote (Charley_Dixon)
How about a damaged Cameron with metal parts exposed?
Just a few images we may use:

The fanart is made by someone else, if not the artist join this wiki and say he wanna participate in this project they disqualify.
I don't know how to produce fanart that good. The screencaps we can use

Here is my try making a graphic

Edit: I have an idea on how to improve and working on it.

Fermi Post # 132 | Sunday, 10 Apr 2011 - 02:53

To show the similarity between Cameron and the doll, let me know if it is good or not.

I'm thinking about using pictures of this doll for the bottom graphic (I'll look for a better picture).

chrisdvanne_ Post # 133 | Sunday, 10 Apr 2011 - 07:38
Quote (Fermi)
To show the similarity between Cameron and the doll, let me know if it is good or not.

Imo, your doll is better looking than the doll made by the japanese; a doll has not to be looking exactly like its model.

Fermi Post # 134 | Sunday, 10 Apr 2011 - 16:22
Quote (michelangelo)
Imo, your doll is better looking than the doll made by the japanese

The doll I used as avatar is the most professional work I've ever seen. I even contacted the japanese and asked if one can buy those, but no :'(

The big doll Summer herself seen when she was in Japan:

Fermi Post # 135 | Sunday, 10 Apr 2011 - 16:25
I need to know how many people are working on the graphics for this calander. So far it is only Michelangelo.

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Creativity Section » Fanart » Summer Glau Wiki 2012 Calendar
Search: