menu
person
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Creativity Section » Fanart » Summer Glau Wiki 2012 Calendar
Summer Glau Wiki 2012 Calendar
Devo Post # 106 | Wednesday, 06 Apr 2011 - 23:33
Group: Friends
lol, ausum!

All Hail The Bloodglau!

Fermi Post # 107 | Thursday, 07 Apr 2011 - 03:25
Group: Administrators
My idea for may
http://photos.summer-glau.com....MAY.png

note the hight on the top and the bottom graphic need to be adjusted.

You can't stop the signal!

Charley_Dixon Post # 108 | Thursday, 07 Apr 2011 - 03:44
Quote (Fermi)
My idea for may http://photos.summer-glau.com....MAY.png note the hight on the top and the bottom graphic need to be adjusted.

Awesome. I like it.

Cameron: My brother says if you want to be good at anything, you have to practice every day.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 109 | Thursday, 07 Apr 2011 - 06:22
Quote (Charley_Dixon)
Awesome. I like it.

Me too. Congrats Fermi, you captured these little moments where Cameron is not only a killing machine (yeah, she killed the first bird but then she said to the second bird "there is a 51%chance i wouldn't have killed you").

We already have a good quote (for the Wizard of Oz) here to use.

I wondered what quote you were talking about. "She does not have a soul and she never will" : good choice that underlines the complexity of Cameron.

But not everyone knows by heart Summer's work and every line of the shows she played on; we should add " " and the source of the quote. It could be written below the quote with another font.
On your example : Sarah Connor (TSCC)

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Message edited by michelangelo - Tuesday, 03 May 2011, 10:21

Granite Post # 110 | Thursday, 07 Apr 2011 - 12:53
@ Fermi - very, very good smile

" It's just an object. It doesn't mean what you think... "

" Pain ... It is the healing, purifying scalpel of our souls " - Warhammer 40000 universe.

Fermi Post # 111 | Thursday, 07 Apr 2011 - 16:29
Quote (michelangelo)
and the source of the quote. It could be written below the quote with another font.

It will be in the credits on a separate page, if one write the quote credit on the calender it might look like the the person writing the comment constructed the entire graphic. Everything used for the calender need to be credited.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 112 | Thursday, 07 Apr 2011 - 17:34
I give you a peek of the top graphic i'm workin' on; this is a low resolution early version; the finale version will be different (background, frames,...).
The theme is Summer's performance on The Lich part 2 (the wedding); i treated old style both the reality part (not featured yet) and the dreamy part (featured on the pict below).
Feel free to comment and say if you like it or not :

Attachments: 8648619.jpg(434.6 Kb)

Message edited by michelangelo - Thursday, 07 Apr 2011, 17:39

Granite Post # 113 | Thursday, 07 Apr 2011 - 17:57
Beautiful !

Maybe slightly increase the size of the photo relative to the total, that is reduce the area of ​​ background ...

" It's just an object. It doesn't mean what you think... "

" Pain ... It is the healing, purifying scalpel of our souls " - Warhammer 40000 universe.

Fermi Post # 114 | Thursday, 07 Apr 2011 - 23:05
Awesome I love it, this going to be the best calender ever.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 115 | Thursday, 07 Apr 2011 - 23:56
Quote (Fermi)
this going to be the best calender ever.

That's my goal!

Maybe slightly increase the size of the photo relative to the total, that is reduce the area of ​​ background ...

The frames were bigger on the first version but i reduced the size to add later brackets on the wall to hold the frames and give a more real look. Another way to increase the size of the pictures would be to use thiner frames : i will experiment to find the best compromise.
I hope to give a complete draft tomorrow.

Charley_Dixon Post # 116 | Friday, 08 Apr 2011 - 01:32
Quote (Granite)
Beautiful ! Maybe slightly increase the size of the photo relative to the total, that is reduce the area of ​​ background ...

I concur that. Great idea. Very beautiful. But maybe a little bit too much background. I would like to see a version with larger images and compare it with the current one.

Cameron: My brother says if you want to be good at anything, you have to practice every day.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 117 | Friday, 08 Apr 2011 - 12:51
I still have a problem with the format of the calendar : i suggested an A3 format (420mm width and 594mm high) for the print (can be reduced by 50% to regular A4 format for home printers) which correspond to 1191x1684 pixels image at 72 ppi.
Your images (1367x2043) are a bit too high and doesn't respect the A3 proportions ( i have stacked an A3 format and your format on the pict below).
I'm ready to work with the same size as you but a member who wants to print the calendar on his personal printer will have white strip on a reguler A4 leaf.

Your January, February and May images have the same width but different height : i don't get it.

Attachments: 5032662.jpg(35.2 Kb)

Message edited by michelangelo - Friday, 08 Apr 2011, 13:22

Fermi Post # 118 | Friday, 08 Apr 2011 - 14:08
No problem I'll adjust the size on the 3 graphics to 1191X1684 px

btw can you make a calander templete for May

chrisdvanne_ Post # 119 | Friday, 08 Apr 2011 - 14:28
Or you can keep working on bigger images as long as they respect the proportions; and then scale them to the A3 format. Watch not to make the film strip too large in comparison to the top and calendar graphics.

Fermi Post # 120 | Friday, 08 Apr 2011 - 15:00
Here is the filmstrip I am using
http://research.microsoft.com/en-us....rip.png
Top,bottom and filmstrip of course need to have the same proportions for all months else the calender will look weird.

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Creativity Section » Fanart » Summer Glau Wiki 2012 Calendar
Search: