menu
person
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Creativity Section » Fanart » Summer Glau Wiki 2012 Calendar
Summer Glau Wiki 2012 Calendar
chrisdvanne_ Post # 76 | Monday, 04 Apr 2011 - 11:55
Group: Administrators
I think the photo and film section is perfect.
The calendar section has a lot of great features namely the calendar and its backround image, the months, the background image, the fan quote section, the bottom title but the general look is missing something.
There is not enough contrast on the color between the background image and the calendar image; you can see it at once because i made the borders of the calendar transparent but you cannot notice it (except on left and right with Summer's body).
The grey tones you're using are too monotonic. It's ok for the month's name like you did though.

You should experiment adding a color filter on the calendar background (but keep the numbers and letters in black/grey color if possible) kinda like in message #66; not a flashy color but a reduced color, maybe a low purple or blue.

The fan quote section is independant from the calendar (unlike the month's name), it has not to be justified left with the calendar; justifying the text so that it fills the whole text box is more professional imo.

Another option would be to color the background itself but i prefer the previous option.

Edit : i think it's worth spending some time on the details of the first image because then we just have to reproduce the rules for the other months.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Message edited by michelangelo - Monday, 04 Apr 2011, 14:05

Granite Post # 77 | Monday, 04 Apr 2011 - 12:01
Group: Friends
@ Post - 75

Magnificently biggrin ! Very, very nice

PS - Can not read a quote ...

" It's just an object. It doesn't mean what you think... "

" Pain ... It is the healing, purifying scalpel of our souls " - Warhammer 40000 universe.

Message edited by Granite - Monday, 04 Apr 2011, 12:03

chrisdvanne_ Post # 78 | Monday, 04 Apr 2011 - 12:25
Quote (Granite)
@ Post - 75 Magnificently ! Very, very nice PS - Can not read a quote ...

The pict is naiive and nice at the same time; maybe the little crown on summer's head is too much...

Here is the quote :

But i doubt you will understand what it says (personally i don't) because it's a poem from William Wordsworth (7 April 1770 – 23 April 1850) a major English Romantic poet.

Message edited by michelangelo - Monday, 04 Apr 2011, 12:31

chrisdvanne_ Post # 79 | Monday, 04 Apr 2011 - 14:20
Why didn't i thought about it before?
The font used for the fan quote should be...an handwritten font. I'm looking for a free font that you could install and use on photoshop.
More, the text should be between " ".

I like this one : James Fajardo at DaFont.com. This is a great font site, feel free to find another font, maybe a more readable one.
Link : dafont.com handwritten fonts with "Summer is the sexiest person alive..." custom preview

Attachments: 6783345.jpg(196.0 Kb)

Message edited by michelangelo - Monday, 04 Apr 2011, 17:18

Fermi Post # 80 | Monday, 04 Apr 2011 - 16:24
Quote (michelangelo)
not sure it fits the calendar though.

The graphic is small. The january graphics I made was 1400 X 2000 px. If we going to print it we should use high res.

Quote (michelangelo)
Edit : i left a message inviting people to submit picts and quotes.

It need to be submitted here. I'll not read wettaint sites. I was just back looking for the artist that made the ballerina graphic, but we will not use it as we almost already completed one month with that theme.

You can't stop the signal!

Fermi Post # 81 | Monday, 04 Apr 2011 - 16:40
Quote (michelangelo)
There is not enough contrast on the color between the background image and the calendar image

Can you not fix that I don't how you did those. I just put a transparent layer above the calender.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 82 | Monday, 04 Apr 2011 - 17:17
Even if we can't use MiaHoneyDo's graphic, it's nice to see that some people have heard of it and are ready to participate.

Back to the format of the calendar; i suggested an A3 format (420 mm width and 594 mm high) for the print (can be reduced by 50% to regular A4 format for home printers) which correspond to 1191x1684 pixels image at 72 ppi; your image (1367x2043) is a bit too high to respect these proportions; it will be more clear when i have a printer (maybe tomorrow).

I have two ideas for the next top graphics :
* one is using typos on a Summer background (grunge style)
* the other one,The Cape-related, should look like the opening of the serie (mix of comic books and real characters)

Do you intend to use filmstrip for all image? Because i won't be needed if the image is high enough.

Can you not fix that I don't how you did those. I just put a transparent layer above the calender.

Attachments: 0555117.png(40.3 Kb)

Message edited by michelangelo - Friday, 08 Apr 2011, 12:34

Fermi Post # 83 | Monday, 04 Apr 2011 - 19:09
Quote (michelangelo)
Do you intend to use filmstrip for all image? Because i won't be needed if the image is high enough.

Yes it would look better using the same filmstrip on all. The screencaps will follow the theme.

Quote (michelangelo)
I have two ideas for the next top graphics :

Thats great, I'll think about it.
@everybody Ideas posted in this thread can also be credited.

My idea is to use a futurezone design for next month the theme could be either Cameron or River
I like the River in space theme, there was a scene with River in space suit that could be used in the filmstrip.
The problem is that the graphic have text on it http://photos.summer-glau.com....012.jpg
He need to remove it first. Edit it was possible for me to remove the text in photoshop.

This graphic will work for a Cameron theme http://photos.summer-glau.com....523.jpg
it is even big enough so we can crop it. My Cameron art suggested earlier is too small. I made a bigger one
http://photos.summer-glau.com....r_1.png

I think that a character quote could be used, if no one submit a comment.

First we need to know what size to use. No problem reducing the size if graphic is too big. It will not work if the graphics are too small.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 84 | Monday, 04 Apr 2011 - 19:43
You're right, these are the best graphics we have at the moment if we want to keep a high quality level; collage and a little imagination can be used in order to incorporate smaller images.

Would you let me try something for the typos graphics and i might ask your help for the blending in background ?

Characters quote are fine with me.

More on the size tomorrow.

The dramatic effect of close-ups graphics like here and here is great and can be used. We're not looking for top model photos but for graphics that tells a story and highlight Summer and her work.

Fermi Post # 85 | Monday, 04 Apr 2011 - 22:56
Quote (michelangelo)
graphics that tells a story and highlight Summer and her work.
I got an idea for the Cameron month. The wizard of oz was referenced several times during the show
Baum is even the last name of the author Lyman Frank Baum. Cameron is the Tin miss looking a heart, but at the end she finds that she already has one.

I'll try making a good graphic with this theme. We already have a good quote here to use.

Quote (michelangelo)
Would you let me try something for the typos graphics and i might ask your help for the blending in background ?

Yes.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 86 | Monday, 04 Apr 2011 - 23:07
Quote (Fermi)
I got an idea for the Cameron month. The wizard of oz was referenced several times during the show
Baum is even the last name of the author Lyman Frank Baum. Cameron is the Tin miss looking a heart, but at the end she finds that she already has one.

Best idea so far biggrin biggrin
Say hello to Dorothy!

The background and typo (set of colour can be changed) are waiting for a powerful Summer close-up and some blending :

Attachments: 1122288.jpg(270.4 Kb)

Fermi Post # 87 | Monday, 04 Apr 2011 - 23:15
Quote (michelangelo)
The background and typo (set of colour can be changed) are waiting for a powerful Summer close-up and some blending

That looks awesome what Summer picture would be the best one to use here?
A really cute one? http://s3.amazonaws.com/data.tu....LqAs%3D

chrisdvanne_ Post # 88 | Monday, 04 Apr 2011 - 23:25
No, No, i want a dramatic picture in which Summer is showing her talent as an actress, not a cute picture; i will look in the wedding episode of The Cape.

Message edited by michelangelo - Monday, 04 Apr 2011, 23:25

Fermi Post # 89 | Monday, 04 Apr 2011 - 23:55
Quote (michelangelo)
No, No, i want a dramatic picture in which Summer is showing her talent as an actress,

Thank you I think it would have been much work removing the background on that picture.

Fermi Post # 90 | Tuesday, 05 Apr 2011 - 00:03
What about this one http://photos.summer-glau.com....PG

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Creativity Section » Fanart » Summer Glau Wiki 2012 Calendar
Search: