menu
person
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Creativity Section » Fanart » Summer Glau Wiki 2012 Calendar
Summer Glau Wiki 2012 Calendar
Fermi Post # 61 | Saturday, 02 Apr 2011 - 15:24
Group: Administrators
Do you have a photoshop file with the calender layer so I can experiment with background?

You can't stop the signal!

chrisdvanne_ Post # 62 | Saturday, 02 Apr 2011 - 17:30
The calendar layer used in the drafts is in 72dpi, made with Gimp (the calendar chart itself is made with OpenOffice) but i have made another calendar layer in 300 dpi for printing (remains to be tested as soon as i have a printer).

Always have in mind the 72dpi drafts we're working on are not good for printing;i'm working on a method to get 300dpi images for all elements. If it's not satisfying, we can always make a A4 format instead of a A3.

I have saved my 72dpi calendar layer in .psd format but the file is bigger than the 500k limit for attached files. I'll upload it somewhere soon.

But i wouldn't want the calendar part to be more sophisticated than the photo part, hence the B&W background; the focus should be on the artwork on top of the calendar. ( i initially wanted to make a 2/3 photo and 1/3 calendar template but i realized it could be difficult to achieve with the photo material we have, hence the 1/2 template).

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Fermi Post # 63 | Saturday, 02 Apr 2011 - 21:35

I used the old calender templet instead, we can switch that later. The Orwell picture is great, but it would be good that all pictures have the same theme as the top graphic.
The screen caps from the arial silk dance is of higher quality and better to use. I like the filmstrip idea

chrisdvanne_ Post # 64 | Sunday, 03 Apr 2011 - 01:44
Quote (Fermi)
I used the old calender templet instead, we can switch that later.

Where can i upload a template for you to use? The background image for the calendar (ie Summer lying on the beach) can be changed or there can be no background image and play with the transparency.

Quote (Fermi)
The Orwell picture is great, but it would be good that all pictures have the same theme as the top graphic.

I had in mind to find a great template and use it for every month like in any regular calendar. But your idea is great, although it means finding 11 more ideas for the calendar section. As i said before, i wouldn't want the calendar section to be more sophisticated than the top graphic and i'm glad your work respect that. More, when i compare the proportion of the top graphic and the calendar section for your picture and mine, i'm more convinced than ever that 2/3 and 1/3 are the correct proportions : we should use it in next works.

Quote (Fermi)
The screen caps from the arial silk dance is of higher quality and better to use. I like the filmstrip idea

I didn't want to use filmstrip because i thought this was not graphic enough and too amateurish but i like the way you did it.

I think the last two examples we produced are great and i wish we could maintain or even improve this quality of design.

Fermi Post # 65 | Sunday, 03 Apr 2011 - 02:03
Quote (michelangelo)
Where can i upload a template for you to use?

How big is the file? I've changed the maximum size for attachments

chrisdvanne_ Post # 66 | Sunday, 03 Apr 2011 - 02:14
Here is a new 300 dpi calendar template (i choosed another UHQ background pict in order to see Summer's face and the numbers are in black); of course you have to modify it to fit in the drafts.

Here is an old 72 dpi calendar template

Attachments: 7460230.png(1.14 Mb) · 0429285.png(531.3 Kb)

Fermi Post # 67 | Sunday, 03 Apr 2011 - 02:42
I wanna change the background on the calender part too, the esquire shoots does not fit the graphic in message 63

This picture might work better
http://jaynelovesvera.files.wordpress.com/2009....-03.jpg

The smallest size would work well. It would be better that you change those backgrounds I've no idea how those are constructed. The graphic in message 63 I think could be used for a cold month like January.

Esquire shoots we can use with the mermaid picture (Message # 38). The fist picture in your post would be the best choice. For the filmstrip for that month the Deadly honey moon bikini screen caps would work best. This could be used for a warm month like June so you need to change the date.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 68 | Sunday, 03 Apr 2011 - 09:02
Here is a 300dpi png of a blank january calendar with transparent borders :

If this format suits you, i shall provide all monthly template; btw i create the board in OpenOffice because it's very easy to manipulate them.The background image, previously modified with Gimp, is added in OpenOffice as a background.
I display it full-screen on my 26' monitor and make a print-screen then paste it on a new 300dpi Gimp image.

This picture might work better

This image has a lot of contrast and must be modified before using it as a background; don't forget that we had scheduled to add text and/or picts on the calendar cells, hence the low contrast pictures i used before.
Attachments: 1253002.png(31.7 Kb)

Message edited by michelangelo - Sunday, 03 Apr 2011, 09:35

Fermi Post # 69 | Sunday, 03 Apr 2011 - 21:12
Here we go

We start with completing the first month and then we continue with the same formula with next month. Each month will have a different theme

Credit will be written on separate page The credit for January will look like this:

• Fanart Fermi
  • Calender Micheangelo
  • Comment Devo
  • Photo Tyler Shield

Quotes from articles can also be used.
All fanart and comments used in this calender must be submitted in this thread. New users can not post images, when the admin can verify that your account is legit you can use bbcode. Images must be uploaded to an external server, only a few people have the permission to upload pictures to our servers.

Granite Post # 70 | Sunday, 03 Apr 2011 - 22:33
Group: Friends
Great !

" It's just an object. It doesn't mean what you think... "

" Pain ... It is the healing, purifying scalpel of our souls " - Warhammer 40000 universe.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 71 | Monday, 04 Apr 2011 - 00:21
You're not writing an accounting report for your boss; it's an high quality design calendar and the font used for the text should match the quality of the design.

I suggest a few improvement on the text (see draft jpeg below) :
* lowercase for the first letter of the month
* more "design" looking font; i used Perpetua for the comment and Perpetua Bold for the title but there is plenty on your image software.
* comment section should not intersect with month (the quote used here is very long and shorter comments should look even better); i justified the text so that it fills the whole text box.
* "Summer Glau Wiki 2012 Calendar" should be much smaller (i used Perpetua Bold)

Beware of spelling errors :
* my username is michelangelo with no capital letter (too pretentious) and an "l"
* you wrote calendar on the title but calender on the credit

Attachments: 7406278.jpg(203.7 Kb)

Message edited by michelangelo - Monday, 04 Apr 2011, 00:30

Fermi Post # 72 | Monday, 04 Apr 2011 - 01:20
Quote (michelangelo)
* lowercase for the first letter of the month

Does the Americans spell it like that?

Quote (michelangelo)
Perpetua Bold

I can fix that, I'll find the font on internet if I don't have it in photoshop

Quote (michelangelo)
Beware of spelling errors :

The list in my post was just an example. The real credit list will be much more detailed, but we write that after the work is done

chrisdvanne_ Post # 73 | Monday, 04 Apr 2011 - 01:32
Quote (Fermi)
Does the Americans spell it like that?

It's not about grammar, it's just more aethetically pleasing and saw it this way on professional calendars.

Quote (Fermi)
I can fix that, I'll find the font on internet if I don't have it in photoshop

This one or another font but not the font that is used on most sites; i'm sure there is plenty that looks great in photoshop.

Quote (Fermi)

The list in my post was just an example. The real credit list will of course be much more detailed, but we write that after the work is done

Ok.

Fermi Post # 74 | Monday, 04 Apr 2011 - 03:35

chrisdvanne_ Post # 75 | Monday, 04 Apr 2011 - 10:49
A member of the blue wiki submitted a picture for the calendar on the summer Glau Appreciation Page; nice pict, not sure it fits the calendar though.

Quote (MiaHoneyDo)
Summer Glau wiki's Calendar Project: Please notify FERMI.

Edit : i left a message inviting people to submit picts and quotes.

Attachments: 0561731.jpg(99.5 Kb)

Message edited by michelangelo - Monday, 04 Apr 2011, 11:28

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Creativity Section » Fanart » Summer Glau Wiki 2012 Calendar
Search: