menu
person
Welcome to summer-glau.com, your fan source for all things Summer on the web. Browse around the site and visit our growing GALLERY housing over 65,000 photos. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter and Facebook and be sure to visit the site again!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Creativity Section » Fanart » Summer Glau Wiki 2012 Calendar
Summer Glau Wiki 2012 Calendar
chrisdvanne_ Post # 376 | Sunday, 02 Oct 2011 - 15:58
Group: Administrators
I bumps this thread because i think it could be interesting for new members or lurkers to see the amount of work and dedication we've put in the making of the Summer Glau Wiki 2012 Calendar.

Maybe it's too early to start the thread for next calendar but one should be ready for the 2013 issue of the calendar; new artits and new ideas will be welcome, don't hesitate to make yourself known or talk about it to artists that you know who could be interested.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

chrisdvanne_ Post # 377 | Wednesday, 16 Nov 2011 - 03:23
Seen at Firefly.net today :

After seing the Firefly Les Hommes Poster Set in Art Nouveau style, members of the Whedon's site asked for a calendar featuring Firefly's crew. I reminded them that such a calendar already existed for Summer Glau and included a graphic from the Summer Glau Wiki 2012 calendar.

After seing it, Browncoat WHOZIT said :
I want it, I'll pay anything.......ANYTHING!!

cool biggrin

FordStaff Post # 378 | Wednesday, 16 Nov 2011 - 03:39
Group: Friends
Make them pay they are browncoats, we know how they can be *evil laugh* biggrin

Keep Flying - Not much, but it's enough.

Message edited by FordStaff - Wednesday, 16 Nov 2011, 08:56

Fermi Post # 379 | Sunday, 01 Jan 2012 - 13:12
Quote (chrisdvanne)
Maybe it's too early to start the thread for next calendar but one should be ready for the 2013 issue of the calendar

It will happen soon. I'll make a new thread and news post for it this week.

You can't stop the signal!

REG Post # 380 | Tuesday, 24 Apr 2012 - 11:28
i have been looking through this thread and i am impressed. the calendar looks very professional. even better than professional. i'd buy it that's for sure! speaking of which is this available to buy anywhere or can i download the pics of it?

No power in the 'verse can stop me.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 381 | Tuesday, 24 Apr 2012 - 12:15
Thanks for the nice words Richard!

We made it for everyone and it's free, all you have to do is follow the instructions :

The final result of the Summer Glau Wiki 2012 calendar

We're making next year calendar : Summer Glau Wiki Calendar 2013

REG Post # 382 | Friday, 27 Apr 2012 - 07:34
i got the calendar printed and bound but some of it is a little cut off. the girl at the printing place where i got it made said i had to have each page as a JPG which i did and then she also said i had to re-size each page to 8"x12" which i also did. but as these pictures will illustrate it cut off quite a bit at the top of each page and also a bit on the sides too. also the pages bend quite a bit since it is printed on matted photo paper. i have had some phone books on top of it overnight to try and flatten it out but so far it hasn't helped much.

how did other people's turn out?

chrisdvanne_ Post # 383 | Friday, 27 Apr 2012 - 09:50
Quote (REG)
how did other people's turn out?

Wow, that was quick, thanks for the pics wink
Similar observations for me...obviously since we used the same material
When we did the graphics last (it was our first time), we haven't taken in account the binding and as a result the top of the pages was cutt off, we have learned from that first experience since and advised to creta graphics accordingly; take a look at this year graphics and you will see we have left a "margin" for the binding.

I have printed several calendars and the pages bend sometimes indeed; depends on the paper used as by the printing place i guess.

Message edited by chrisdvanne - Friday, 27 Apr 2012, 09:51

REG Post # 384 | Friday, 27 Apr 2012 - 10:05
yea i went in the morning to drop off the USB and i had to wait until late afternoon before it was done. they were real busy yesterday. but i got it done!

i see how you have left a "margin". a much better design choice.
so when making my fanart i should leave some room at the top middle and also on the sides a little to accommodate the binding?

i will leave it under the phone books for a few more days and hopefully it will flatten out.

Message edited by REG - Friday, 27 Apr 2012, 10:06

chrisdvanne_ Post # 385 | Friday, 27 Apr 2012 - 11:26
Quote (REG)
so when making my fanart i should leave some room at the top middle and also on the sides a little to accommodate the binding?

Yes.
I noticed also that the print itself cut out a bit of the images sides.

I doubt the calendar will flatten under phone books, better do it manually.

REG Post # 386 | Friday, 27 Apr 2012 - 11:44
Quote (chrisdvanne)
Yes.
I noticed also that the print itself cut out a bit of the images sides.

I doubt the calendar will flatten under phone books, better do it manually.

yea it got cut off on the sides a bit too.
have any tips for how to do it manually?

chrisdvanne_ Post # 387 | Friday, 27 Apr 2012 - 12:00
Quote (REG)
have any tips for how to do it manually?

No not really, sorry sad

REG Post # 388 | Saturday, 28 Apr 2012 - 14:45
i think i have found a way. i have rolled it up the opposite way and put rubber bands around it so it will hold that way for a day or maybe 2. when i take the rubber bands off it should be flat so it isn't bending anymore.

btw on the Summer Glau speaks at Emerald City Comicon 2012 video on youtube she mentions a fan made cook book. i wonder what sort of recipes are in there? has anyone on this forum heard about it before?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- -----

well it stayed flat for a few hours but it went back to bending again. i guess photo paper can't be made to be flat.

Message edited by REG - Monday, 30 Apr 2012, 23:18

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Creativity Section » Fanart » Summer Glau Wiki 2012 Calendar
Search: