menu
person
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Creativity Section » Fanart » Summer Glau Wiki 2012 Calendar
Summer Glau Wiki 2012 Calendar
chrisdvanne_ Post # 361 | Sunday, 26 Jun 2011 - 22:41
Group: Administrators
Quote (TheSavior)
Michelangelo, when i will become a rich man, i will employ you to be the Eyes and Ears of Miss Glau. You are silent like a ninja and an hard-worker like a dwarf...very impressive XD

Megan Fox and Angelina Jolie Staff have already contacted me to enlarge their fanbase; i'm considering the offers as we speak.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

TheSavior Post # 362 | Sunday, 26 Jun 2011 - 23:10
Group: Friends
biggrin as i sayd...veri impressive eheheh XD

but i'm sure you will never betray Miss Summer if you are given a choice :P

"This isn't the first time we've done this..."
Cameron

The world is Maya The Illusion. Illusions are the foundation of reality. I am the Lord of Illusions.
Me

chrisdvanne_ Post # 363 | Friday, 15 Jul 2011 - 12:56
I was looking through EW archives today and i stumbled upon an old article published for the Sexy Beast tournament that occured last year; in this article you can find a quote from a member of the Wiki (he will recognize himself) that we used for the July graphic .

Sexy Beasts: Who Came Out on Top?
Aliens, machines, and their ilk: Anna (Morena Baccarin), V VS. Cameron (Summer Glau), The Sarah Chronicles
We say: The final two combatants here were played by actresses from 2002's Firefly. The showdown hinged on whether Anna's seduce-and-destroy tactics could work against a ruthless machine. Readers say: ''Summer Glau is the sexiest person alive. Michelangelo himself could not have carved such beauty and perfection out of solid marble. Although if he had ever laid eyes upon Summer Glau, I am sure he would have tried.'' — The Dude; ''Anyone who's seen Firefly should realize that Morena owns Summer any day.'' — Argh
The winner is Cameron

Do we have the scans of the Entertainment Weekly issue on the gallery btw?

TheSavior Post # 364 | Monday, 18 Jul 2011 - 14:47
So...what about the calendar? It is being delivered by postal?

i've read on another forum that a penson send her something and that the postal service delivered it, so they are waiting for some answer from SG.
And our Calendar in alredy safe in her hands? XD

if i'm not wrong, they have send their mail to
United Talent Agency
Summer Glau
9560 Wilshire Blvd. Suite 500
Beverly Hills, CA 90212-2401

i'm questioning about that...i will reply when i get thwe answer. Is the same address where we have sent the calendar?

"This isn't the first time we've done this..."
Cameron

The world is Maya The Illusion. Illusions are the foundation of reality. I am the Lord of Illusions.
Me

Fermi Post # 365 | Monday, 18 Jul 2011 - 15:17
Quote (TheSavior)
So...what about the calendar? It is being delivered by postal?

i've read on another forum that a penson send her something and that the postal service delivered it, so they are waiting for some answer from SG.
And our Calendar in alredy safe in her hands? XD

if i'm not wrong, they have send their mail to
United Talent Agency
Summer Glau
9560 Wilshire Blvd. Suite 500
Beverly Hills, CA 90212-2401

i'm questioning about that...i will reply when i get thwe answer. Is the same address where we have sent the calendar?

Yes that is the adress we used when sending Calendar. We know that post office does not send the letters back, but we don't know exactly what they do with them.

Summer recently changed her adress, nobody have received any response (like an autograph) from that adress yet.

You can't stop the signal!

chrisdvanne_ Post # 366 | Tuesday, 19 Jul 2011 - 22:36
The calendar graphics were posted by a fan on a pict board and the reactions were enthousiastic.

Summer Glau 2012 Calender at Superiorpics Celebrity Forums

It's always nice to see that kind of comments.

Devo Post # 367 | Wednesday, 20 Jul 2011 - 00:20
Quote (michelangelo)
The calendar graphics were posted by a fan on a pict board and the reactions were enthousiastic. Summer Glau 2012 Calender at Superiorpics Celebrity Forums It's always nice to see that kind of comments.

I am glad people like it.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 368 | Tuesday, 09 Aug 2011 - 14:29
The Summer Glau Wiki received requests from people who wanted to know how to get their own examplary of the Calendar; this is why Fermi asked me to give the process.

Process to print the calendar using a printing-house
1) download the 45 Mo pdf file hosted by Megaupload at this url : http://www.megaupload.com/?d=M2YFLK2L
A pdf file is often requested by printing shops.
A winrar file can be found here : http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KMFP6Q9Y
2) technical features :
Digital printing : laser color, 13 pages A4 format printed on matted coated paper 250 g from PDF file
Finishing : metal binding + notch and calendar hook

I you connect to the website of a printing-house, you may not find the exact requested features; in this case see if the website offers the possibility to make a personalised order. They will return a mail with a personalised quote that you can accept and thus initiate the manufacture of the calendar.

I would recommand professional prints if possible, i paid 22 euros ($31), but the quality is worth it. The manufacture of the calendar can be made by any printing-house around the corner (try near universities), all you have to do is provide the pdf file in a USB key.

You can also do the prints at home and have the binding done on a printing-house for very cheap. Try to match as much as possible the technical specifications i gave above; using regular paper for example would not give satisfying result.

If someone has additional question feel free to ask and i'll be glad to answer the best i can.

Message edited by michelangelo - Friday, 02 Sep 2011, 01:58

ogy86 Post # 369 | Saturday, 13 Aug 2011 - 10:56
Summer Glau Calendar was a really great idea. You have done an amazing job and I'm sure that she and also her fans will love it. It's great that she has such a loyal and creative fans :-)

This is Cam: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNu7pi9glR4
Save TSCC!: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2Pty7PD … r_embedded
Summer Glau a WuShu: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1BMqNYOyFU

chrisdvanne_ Post # 370 | Saturday, 13 Aug 2011 - 11:04
Well, we have in mind to do it every year with the help of devoted fans; more artists are wellcome. Don't hesitate to spread the word if you know some people who would be interested.
There is a good chance that next calendar will be very different from this one.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 371 | Saturday, 13 Aug 2011 - 11:11
Also this is the advantages of the wiki over social networks or other websites imo; we have the ability to conduct collective projects and to enable everyone to participate.

I have suggested we have discussions about a selected fan fiction (see the FF thread); since you bumped the thread, why wouldn't you suggest one (from The1Russter for example). It's the goal of the Wiki to be able to gather and discuss about one topic rather than do it alone.

ogy86 Post # 372 | Saturday, 13 Aug 2011 - 11:38
Well, I have a friend who can create a nice videos (collages on various topics). She was a fan of TSCC, but now watching other series and is very lazy also. But I can at least try to recruit her.

Discussion about individual stories would be a good idea. I'm glad when I can talk with anyone about TSCC fanfictions. Now I read the story Reunion by mentioned The1Russter and I think it's also interesting for other fans of TSCC. And fans of TSCC are between fans of Summer certainly many :-)

This is Cam: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNu7pi9glR4
Save TSCC!: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w2Pty7PD … r_embedded
Summer Glau a WuShu: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P1BMqNYOyFU

chrisdvanne_ Post # 373 | Saturday, 13 Aug 2011 - 11:51
About the calendar or videos, we don't want to 'push' anyone if not interested, we're doing this for primarily for fun on our free time.

I suggest we continue the discussion about the fan fiction on the FF thread so that every members or lurkers can participate.

tearrin Post # 374 | Monday, 15 Aug 2011 - 09:17
Hello Fermi,
I stumbled upon this website while looking for a FILM STRIP. Did you make this? Any idea on how I can get this too?
I love the creative edge to it.

Thanks so much!
Great Work!
Angela smile

chrisdvanne_ Post # 375 | Monday, 15 Aug 2011 - 09:41
Quote (tearrin)
Hello Fermi, I stumbled upon this website while looking for a FILM STRIP. Did you make this? Any idea on how I can get this too? I love the creative edge to it. Thanks so much! Great Work! Angela

Hi tearrin, this is michelangelo (Fermi is one of the admins)

This is the filmstrip we used for the Wiki Calendar; i hope this is what you were looking for :

Click on image for bigger size

But then of course we used photoshop to manipulate it and create the Summer Glau Wiki 2012 Calendar; take a look at it for inspiration.

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Creativity Section » Fanart » Summer Glau Wiki 2012 Calendar
Search: