menu
person
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Creativity Section » Fanart » Summer Glau Wiki 2012 Calendar
Summer Glau Wiki 2012 Calendar
chrisdvanne_ Post # 331 | Friday, 03 Jun 2011 - 16:46
Group: Administrators
Quote (Fermi)
Well having the spiral filmstrip of all calendar graphics by magic coming out of Rivers stick (that really was a gun) is a very original way to put a thumbnail representation of the graphics on the cover.

I missed that idea by looking at the graphic, silly me smile

Here is what i suggest with a set of different colors for you to pick, knowing that the shadow, rounded corner effects can be added later; also the filstrip can be rotated the way you want (the base closer or wider,...) :

Attachments: 5935904.jpg(421.6 Kb)

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Fermi Post # 332 | Friday, 03 Jun 2011 - 21:43
Quote (Granite)
I want to say that the revolver is not fully fit into the overall picture.

The reason why Summer has the western elements like the gun an the patron tattooed on her is because photoshoping a belt and a gun would not look realistic. It is also an attempt to make her look more baddass.

You can't stop the signal!

Fermi Post # 333 | Friday, 03 Jun 2011 - 21:45
Quote (Charley_Dixon)
How many times should I say that Cameron has blue eyes?

On the graphic Cameron is watching judgment when it happens she has tiger tattoo and a red terminator eye. She is the evil Cameron. While the Cameron in the sky have a blue terminator eye. She is the good Cameron. I originally used Summer's eye painted blue instead of the terminator eye to highlight that the machine has a human soul.

Cameron with the blue eye is different from the Terminators that hunt John Connor. While the Cameron with the red eye might not be.

Fermi Post # 334 | Friday, 03 Jun 2011 - 21:48
Quote (michelangelo)
I missed that idea by looking at the graphic, silly me

Often when making fanart one have an intention a reason when adding an element, putting it in certain location, changing the shape or color on it. The viewer does not always understand what the intention was and might see it as flaws, but it is art. :P

Quote (michelangelo)
Here is what i suggest with a set of different colors for you to pick, knowing that the shadow, rounded corner effects can be added later; also the filstrip can be rotated the way you want (the base closer or wider,...) :

That layout works for me, but I still think the first layout with the rounded corners and the mirror effect looks nicer. The shadow, rounded corner effects I do not care so much about. I think the original cover color (black) was the best one.

Photobucket

chrisdvanne_ Post # 335 | Saturday, 04 Jun 2011 - 00:30
Quote (Fermi)
Often when making fanart one have an intention a reason when adding an element, putting it in certain location, changing the shape or color on it. The viewer does not always understand what the intention was and might see it as flaws, but it is art. :P

QFT!

Quote (Fermi)
I think the original cover color (black) was the best one.

That washed-out brown color is horrible; i ended with such color because of the filters i used previously but black is much better of course. Below is a suggestion for a more appealing background than pure black, knowing that it must stay simple to keep the focus on the graphic and the filmstrip (notice that the bubble filter should not apply to the graphic of course but i was easier for me this way).Maybe try to change the white color for the typos.

Having the same picts on the same order on the two filmstrip looks good but you can also try to make changes on one of them and see if the result looks better.

Edit : i added a border too.
Attachments: 4340107.jpg(356.6 Kb)

Message edited by michelangelo - Saturday, 04 Jun 2011, 01:03

Fermi Post # 336 | Saturday, 04 Jun 2011 - 02:02
Quote (michelangelo)
but i was easier for me this way

One can use the marquee tool in photoshoop and select the area one wanna adjust.

Quote (michelangelo)
Having the same picts on the same order on the two filmstrip looks good but you can also try to make changes on one of them and see if the result looks better.

I like symmetries

Fermi Post # 337 | Saturday, 04 Jun 2011 - 02:39
Here is gallery album http://photos.summer-glau.com/thumbnails.php?album=89

Let me know if the graphics have any errors that should be adjusted.

Fermi Post # 338 | Saturday, 04 Jun 2011 - 14:49
If the cover should be adjusted more. That can wait I really want the last month Novevember adjusted so I can start advertising this on the interwebz.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 339 | Saturday, 04 Jun 2011 - 15:16
Quote (Fermi)
That can wait I really want the last month Novevember adjusted so I can start advertising this on the interwebz.

Are you talking to me?

November

Attachments: 5143548.jpg(494.3 Kb)

Message edited by michelangelo - Saturday, 04 Jun 2011, 15:17

chrisdvanne_ Post # 340 | Saturday, 04 Jun 2011 - 17:37
Quote (Fermi)

There is minor errors on the typos (month and Summer Glau Wiki) :
* the "y" of "february" touches the calendar sheet whereas other months like may or july don't.
*" summer glau wiki 2012 calendar" of june seem to be shorter than the other months
*" summer glau wiki 2012 calendar" of october is not centered

* the dimensions of the cover are not correct probably because of the border i added.

Message edited by michelangelo - Sunday, 05 Jun 2011, 09:29

chrisdvanne_ Post # 341 | Sunday, 05 Jun 2011 - 00:15
Quote (Fermi)
If the cover should be adjusted more.

We have a major disagreement on what the cover should be but we're friends and a compromise has been found. Though i can't say i'm satisfied with this intermediary solution given that the cover of a calendar is the first thing you see and should encourage ther viewer to see what's inside.
I don't think the current cover fills this expectation.

Edit : I have the .png versions of my graphics but had to upload a .jpeg version on the wiki due to the 500ko limitation.

Message edited by michelangelo - Sunday, 05 Jun 2011, 00:37

Charley_Dixon Post # 342 | Sunday, 05 Jun 2011 - 02:56
Quote (Fermi)
On the graphic Cameron is watching judgment when it happens she has tiger tattoo and a red terminator eye. She is the evil Cameron. While the Cameron in the sky have a blue terminator eye. She is the good Cameron. I originally used Summer's eye painted blue instead of the terminator eye to highlight that the machine has a human soul. Cameron with the blue eye is different from the Terminators that hunt John Connor. While the Cameron with the red eye might not be.

Well, I really don't like the idea that being good/evil changes eyes color. I prefer to think of an eye color as specific to model. T-X and TOK-715 are more advanced and they have blue eyes while T-8xx are less advanced and they have red eyes.

Cameron: My brother says if you want to be good at anything, you have to practice every day.

Charley_Dixon Post # 343 | Sunday, 05 Jun 2011 - 02:59
Quote (Fermi)
Feedback and opinions from someone else than Michelangelo is appreciated.

Sorry Fermi, I did not have any specific opinion on this but I like the graphics you finally ended up with.

Cameron: My brother says if you want to be good at anything, you have to practice every day.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 344 | Sunday, 05 Jun 2011 - 07:31
Quote (Fermi)

You uploaded on the album and news the old version of May (Orwell's wedding) found in post#304's attachment; instead you should use the new version (with cleaned Chimera) of post #305 that i upload again here.

Attachments: 4613048.jpg(457.0 Kb)

chrisdvanne_ Post # 345 | Sunday, 05 Jun 2011 - 09:32
Quote (Charley_Dixon)
Well, I really don't like the idea that being good/evil changes eyes color.

It's what Thomas Wheeler did on the Cape with double-sided character Peter Fleming/Chess by having him wear eyes lens. Not a successfull idea.

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Creativity Section » Fanart » Summer Glau Wiki 2012 Calendar
Search: