menu
person
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Creativity Section » Fanart » Summer Glau Wiki 2012 Calendar
Summer Glau Wiki 2012 Calendar
Charley_Dixon Post # 301 | Monday, 30 May 2011 - 21:56
Group: Administrators
Quote (michelangelo)
considering i was a beginner at photomanipulation before starting this project

Looks like we all improved our photoshop skills a lot while working on this project.

Cameron: My brother says if you want to be good at anything, you have to practice every day.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 302 | Monday, 30 May 2011 - 22:04
Quote (Charley_Dixon)
How many times should I say that Cameron has blue eyes? smile I do not care who made that mistake with red eye in BTR but it's still a mistake.

I'm with you on this one Charley! That means i will have to modify my "She's coming" bottom graphic that has the same screencap of Cameron on BtR.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

chrisdvanne_ Post # 303 | Monday, 30 May 2011 - 22:11
Quote (Charley_Dixon)
Looks like we all improved our photoshop skills a lot while working on this project.

I had to improve my skills in a lot of other domains while helping this wiki to grow; the level of investment is up to anyone but you can learn a lot by participating to projects like that. I also like the fact that i had to "go out" and discover what other people do, on DeviantArt for example.
More generally, i think this important that wiki members don't stay hidden on the wiki and spread the news about Summer outside this wiki; for example, i answered our friend Lanie Grace at TVbyTheNumbers this morning. Here is the transcription :

TVbythenumbers article : What's The Craziest "Save Our Show" Rumor? The Nuttiest Stunt? The Biggest Waste Of Money?

#
Lanie Grace
Posted May 30, 2011 at 12:59 AM

I think TSCC had some seriously nutty campaigns.

The Mobile Billboard pegged the wacked out meter pretty good.

~Lanie~
#
jeremy (that's me, michelangelo btw)
Posted May 30, 2011 at 2:09 AM

Thanks Lanie for pointing out TSCC!
You’re one of our greatest support on this site and you never forget to mention TSCC.
I have great news for you : NOFATE convention site become online at http://www.nofatecon.com/

Quote from nofate.com :
No Fate is a convention for The Sarah Connor Chronicles, organized by the people behind savethescc.com. (What can we say? The billboard wasn’t quite freaking big enough.)

Our goal is to produce an event that will be fun and rewarding for fans both old and new while benefiting a great cause at the same time. We want to keep the fandom alive, active and celebrate the fact that we’re still here! And what better way than with a convention?
#
jeremy
Posted May 30, 2011 at 2:23 AM

Another big TSCC fan accomplishment is No Fate Production’s Terminator: The Connor Chronicles! http://www.terminatorcc.com/

They are making a Computer-generated imagery (CGI) continuation of TSCC.
Here is their 3d model of Summer Glau.
http://www.terminatorcc.com/wp-cont....768.png
#
Richard Steven Hack
Posted May 30, 2011 at 2:26 AM

You never know, TSCC conventions could become as feasible as Firefly conventions.

Certainly, there’s no real reason there can’t be TSCC panels at general SF conventions just like there are Firefly panels. Although I’m not sure it would be as easy to get most of the TSCC cast there as it is to get most of the Firefly cast to these things. I’m sure Summer would attend any such panel if asked, and probably Lena and Tom could be persuaded to. Not sure about BAG or Jones. Wouldn’t be surprised if Garrett would come, he seems like a nice guy who’d enjoy that sort of thing.

I’d go to one near me if I thought I wouldn’t be lynched. :-)

I gotta say, though, I’m not sure they’d be as good as the Firefly ones – because they wouldn’t have Nathan Fillion pulling pranks on the panel like he did at Dragon-Con last year. He ate up ten or fifteen minutes until the guys put their phones on silent and refused to talk to him. :-)

Check it out on Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D-qPoI7Ef0g
#
jeremy
Posted May 30, 2011 at 2:31 AM

Another TSCC related project, from The Summer Glau Wiki this time at http://summer-glau.com/
The Summer Glau Wiki got the idea to create a Summer Glau Wiki 2012 Calendar; this is a great project for all who loves Summer Glau.

You can find drafts from the 12 month graphics here : http://summer-glau.com/news....-27-167

Here is another example of the great graphics they made : http://michelangelo456.deviantart.com/gallery/#/d3grmuj

Message edited by michelangelo - Tuesday, 31 May 2011, 08:19

Fermi Post # 304 | Monday, 30 May 2011 - 23:16
Quote (michelangelo)
May i had i'm glad with the result

I like this one best, you edited the post.
Attachments: 9997756.jpg(483.4 Kb)

You can't stop the signal!

chrisdvanne_ Post # 305 | Monday, 30 May 2011 - 23:29
Quote (Fermi)
I like this one best, you edited the post.

I like both; the one you prefer has more contrast, we'll keep it. I cleaned the area around Chimera's head, erased a visible line on the right and added a vignette effect to add depth (black blurry area on the border of the graphic).
If you want to see the differences, click on each attachments links, it should open two new tabs; then click alternatively on each tab header.

Attachments: 0873181.jpg(457.0 Kb)

Message edited by michelangelo - Tuesday, 31 May 2011, 00:04

chrisdvanne_ Post # 306 | Tuesday, 31 May 2011 - 08:32
If i checked correcly, modified December (Dollhouse) is missing along with June (Summer Glau Chronicles) and November (She's coming).
Once we have them all, it will be easier to see if further corrections are needed or try to make uniform some things, just like we did for the top and bottom graphics. A vignette (i like that effect) on all graphics maybe, for example.

Fermi Post # 307 | Tuesday, 31 May 2011 - 11:35
Quote (michelangelo)
If i checked correcly, modified December (Dollhouse)
I already changed the filmstrip, calendar sheet and the font. I used June instead. I do not have a correct calendar templet for December. I don't think any more adjustments on that grapic is needed. When we have all graphics adjusted I'll upload them to a folder in the gallery.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 308 | Tuesday, 31 May 2011 - 15:21
Quote (Fermi)
I already changed the filmstrip, calendar sheet and the font. I used June instead. I do not have a correct calendar templet for December. I don't think any more adjustments on that grapic is needed. When we have all graphics adjusted I'll upload them to a folder in the gallery.

I already changed the December template but forgot to post it, sorry; That means i will use December for my Summer Glau Chronicles graphic. Each png file weight about 3.7 Mo.

Edit : i'm working on the bottom part of Summer Glau Chronicles graphic; it will be unusual so i hope it will get over Fermi's censorship wink
i will post a draft tonight (for me).

Message edited by michelangelo - Tuesday, 31 May 2011, 17:37

Fermi Post # 309 | Tuesday, 31 May 2011 - 20:19
The cover so far..(not happy with it yet)
Photobucket

chrisdvanne_ Post # 310 | Wednesday, 01 Jun 2011 - 00:36
The layout, filmstrip and typo are ok. I'm not a fan of space background though. Maybe a black and white (or blurry) screencap of Summer on the background would highlight the filmstrip.

Here is a draft of the calendar template i talked earlier :

Attachments: 0876595.jpg(156.4 Kb)

Message edited by michelangelo - Wednesday, 01 Jun 2011, 01:12

Charley_Dixon Post # 311 | Wednesday, 01 Jun 2011 - 03:40
Fermi, looks like the word "war" and a semicolon are missing in the quote for April. Here is the quote according to imdb:
The survivors of the nuclear fire called the war Judgment Day. They lived only to face a new nightmare: the war against the machines.

Also if you change that you will need to change "Calender" in the bottom.

Cameron: My brother says if you want to be good at anything, you have to practice every day.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 312 | Wednesday, 01 Jun 2011 - 17:30
December : "The Summer Glau Chronicles" with a cartoon movie poster look.
Notice how the calendar template is blended in the bottom graphic.
As usual, comment if you like or not.

Attachments: 9424080.jpg(478.5 Kb)

Message edited by michelangelo - Wednesday, 01 Jun 2011, 17:36

Granite Post # 313 | Wednesday, 01 Jun 2011 - 20:30
Group: Friends
Nice, originally smile

" It's just an object. It doesn't mean what you think... "

" Pain ... It is the healing, purifying scalpel of our souls " - Warhammer 40000 universe.

Fermi Post # 314 | Wednesday, 01 Jun 2011 - 22:28
@Charley_Dixon Thank you, I'll fix that.
@michelangelo Awesome!

Fermi Post # 315 | Thursday, 02 Jun 2011 - 01:04
Update on the cover using a firefly screencap
Photobucket

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Creativity Section » Fanart » Summer Glau Wiki 2012 Calendar
Search: