menu
person
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Summer Glau » Summer Glau appreciation » Would you watch Summer on a doctor, lawyer or cop show ?
Would you watch Summer on a doctor, lawyer or cop show ?
chrisdvanne_ Post # 1 | Monday, 31 Jan 2011 - 00:52
Group: Administrators
Summer Glau is typecast as a genre actress; she has built quite a reputation and is often said to be the queen of sci-fi.
Unfortunately, it looks like genre shows like superhero shows are doomed on broadcasted network these days.

The truth is, doctor, lawyer and cop shows rules on tv. If Summer was given the opportunity to star in one of those successful shows, would you follow her blindly?

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Message edited by michelangelo - Monday, 31 Jan 2011, 00:55

Chief Post # 2 | Monday, 31 Jan 2011 - 03:14
Group: Users
I'd watch Summer in anything. I own The Initiation of Sarah even though it's a teen chick flick. lol

"It didn't seem like much of a threat. We're not built to be cruel."

chrisdvanne_ Post # 3 | Monday, 31 Jan 2011 - 08:46
Quote (Chief)
I'd watch Summer in anything.

That's what i call a dedicated fan. But would you do that if the quality of the show was bad, even if Summer was great (she always is).

chrisdvanne_ Post # 4 | Monday, 31 Jan 2011 - 08:48
Quote (Chief)
I own The Initiation of Sarah even though it's a teen chick flick.

Haven't seen this. Well, maybe i have watched on youtube the part about the "enhancement" of Summer's breast.

Chief Post # 5 | Monday, 31 Jan 2011 - 14:38
Quote (michelangelo)
But would you do that if the quality of the show was bad, even if Summer was great (she always is).

Um... the writing for The Cape is pretty terrible, but I'm still watching. lol

chrisdvanne_ Post # 6 | Monday, 31 Jan 2011 - 16:10
I'm still watching too, but i would have watched it anyway, even without Summer Glau. Because i watch only sci-fi on tv, and almost exclusively on movie too.

These days, i'm watching Caprica (the last episodes), Smallville (end season), The Vampire Diaries and The Cape. I used to watch a more wide range of shows in my youth though.

My point is, i don't know if i would watch a doctor drama tv show for example, even Summer plays in it.

Chief Post # 7 | Monday, 31 Jan 2011 - 19:10
Summer's shown me that she's an incredibly talented woman, and it doesn't matter what sort of character she plays, whether it's a normal teenage girl, a young newlywed, a cyborg, a spy with a short fuse, or an investigative blogger. She makes each character come to life. She has a passion and a gift that not many actors have.

So I'd support Summer in anything she does. smile

Granite Post # 8 | Monday, 31 Jan 2011 - 22:18
Group: Friends
Yes, i am
Quote (michelangelo)
would ... follow her blindly
smile

" It's just an object. It doesn't mean what you think... "

" Pain ... It is the healing, purifying scalpel of our souls " - Warhammer 40000 universe.

Message edited by Granite - Tuesday, 01 Feb 2011, 11:51

Charley_Dixon Post # 9 | Tuesday, 01 Feb 2011 - 03:51
I think this question has been answered long time ago:
Watch anything with Summer

Cameron: My brother says if you want to be good at anything, you have to practice every day.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 10 | Tuesday, 01 Feb 2011 - 10:25
I knew everyone would say they would follow Summer no matter what.
In fact there was another question implied by the first one; we can record that scifi or genre shows are doomed these days (see The Event, NOF, TSCC , Dollhouse, V,...) on broadcast network.Maybe it's time for Summer to seek for roles in more conventional shows. I guess her agent must receive proposals outside of scifi

KrelleK Post # 11 | Friday, 04 Feb 2011 - 12:29
Quote (Chief)
I'd watch Summer in anything. I own The Initiation of Sarah even though it's a teen chick flick.

I have that too biggrin

Quote (michelangelo)
I'd watch Summer in anything.That's what i call a dedicated fan. But would you do that if the quality of the show was bad, even if Summer was great (she always is).

I must say I think i would

Quote (Chief)
Summer's shown me that she's an incredibly talented woman, and it doesn't matter what sort of character she plays, whether it's a normal teenage girl, a young newlywed, a cyborg, a spy with a short fuse, or an investigative blogger. She makes each character come to life. She has a passion and a gift that not many actors have.
So I'd support Summer in anything she does.

Yep

I think I would like to see her do some work in a series, with either docs/hospitals, police/firefighter, or Lawyers biggrin

mr_mogwai Post # 12 | Friday, 04 Feb 2011 - 18:43
I'd watch Summer Glau do anything from changing diapers to flying fighters

cuz ah luvs me some Summer smile

Attachments: 3908721.jpg(84.4 Kb)

Ok, I'm done. Somebody wanna' come move this soapbox?!

Message edited by mr_mogwai - Friday, 04 Feb 2011, 18:44

Chief Post # 13 | Friday, 04 Feb 2011 - 20:47
I was reading up on Chase (NBC's latest cancellation), and if Summer's going to leave the genre shows, I think this kind of show would be cool for her. For those who aren't familiar with it, it follows a U.S. Marshals fugitive-apprehension team, and Chase leads the group. I think it'd be kind of cool. Watch Summer kick down some doors and slap cuffs on people.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 14 | Friday, 04 Feb 2011 - 20:51
Something like Chase would be great though i don't see Summer as the leader of a group; some have mentioned a character like the female lead in Burn Notice. Maybe a character as Alias would fit better (make it lighter in tone though).

Chief Post # 15 | Friday, 04 Feb 2011 - 21:26
Something like Alias would also be cool. Though they'd have to get better writers. I didn't care for the writing for Alias. lol

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Summer Glau » Summer Glau appreciation » Would you watch Summer on a doctor, lawyer or cop show ?
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search: