menu
person
Welcome to summer-glau.com, your fan source for all things Summer on the web. Browse around the site and visit our growing GALLERY housing over 65,000 photos. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter and Facebook and be sure to visit the site again!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Summer Glau » Summer Glau appreciation » Summer Glau in Netflix's martial arts series Wu Assassins
Summer Glau in Netflix's martial arts series Wu Assassins
chrisdvanne Post # 1 | Friday, 09 Aug 2019 - 13:57
Group: Administrators
WU Assassins is out on Netflix now ! 

Screencaptures and videos of Summer's scenes have been uploaded.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

chrisdvanne Post # 2 | Friday, 09 Aug 2019 - 14:08
The kind of fight in Wu Assassins is very different from Summer's fights in Serenity.
In Serenity, the stunt coordinators Chad Stahelski and Hiro Koda created for Summer an unique style based on WU SHU and the result is very fluid,  visually pleasing, almost like a dance.
While the fight sequences in Wu Assassins are based male lead Iko Uwais martial arts discipline of silat, the fighting is more practical and there are a lot of joint locks. It emphasizes less on the aesthetics and use a more down-and-dirty handheld style, get a grainy feel and immerse the audience right in the middle of the action.

Check out this video edit of Summer's fights scenes in the final episode of WU Assassins.

chrisdvanne Post # 3 | Friday, 09 Aug 2019 - 16:28
The gay-friendly websites that titled about "same-sex romance" after seeing that Katheryn Winnick and Summer Glau kissed in a blink-or-miss-it moment in the trailer rushed things imo.
If you remember, Summer Glau and Toks Olagundoye also kissed in the trailer for the episode of Castle Summer was in. As it turned out there was nothing romantic about their kiss. Without being too spoilerish, it's kinda the same in Wu Assassins.

At the end of the day, seeing the two actresses was a lovely moment and allowed to get people talking about the show, which is what matters for me.

chrisdvanne Post # 4 | Friday, 09 Aug 2019 - 17:23
Wu Assassins showrunner John Wirth gave an interview to cartermatt.com inwhich he talks about the cast, among other thingd.

And, of course, I also managed to snag Summer Glau and Robin McLeavy. Summer is just other-worldly, so gifted, and like a daughter to me. This is our 3rd collaboration. And Robin played Eva on Hell on Wheels and she’s a deeply gifted actor and good friend.

Full interview: Wu Assassins interview: John Wirth details Netflix martial-arts series, working with Iko Uwais, Katheryn Winnick

chrisdvanne Post # 5 | Sunday, 11 Aug 2019 - 21:55
Strangely, some characers were not credited on IMDB, including Summer Glau, Kevin Durand (Earth Wu) or Jeff Fahey. They have been added only today.
That might seem anecdotal initially, but firstly it was confufing for fans who heard that Summer was on the show but didn't see her name on IMDb. Secondly, Summer has a loyal fan base and seeing her name on IMDb might have led more people to watch the show on Netflix.

chrisdvanne Post # 6 | Monday, 12 Aug 2019 - 18:38
Wu Assassins | Behind the Fight |

Iko Uwais, Byron Mann and Katheryn Winnick break down the fighting styles and epic stunt choreography that goes into making Wu Assassins the show that takes martial arts to another level.

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Summer Glau » Summer Glau appreciation » Summer Glau in Netflix's martial arts series Wu Assassins
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: