menu
person
Check out the latest additions to our ever expanding GALLERY hosting over 65,000 photos!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 1
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Summer Glau » Summer Glau appreciation » 10 years of Awesomeness (Summer Glau)
10 years of Awesomeness (Summer Glau)
FermiDate: Saturday, 04 Feb 2012, 15:28 | Message # 1
Group: Administrators
Today we celebrate 10 years of Awesomeness.
Angel episode 13 of season 3, Waiting in the Wings was originally broadcast on February 4, 2002 10 years ago. This was Summers first TV role. Despite her years as a ballerina, it provided her first opportunity to dance Giselle in real life.

Scene from Angel:

Tribute video celebrating 10 years of Awesomeness on television:

Thanks to rebecca_glau for the reminding us

You can't stop the signal!

chrisdvanneDate: Saturday, 04 Feb 2012, 16:41 | Message # 2
I didn't watched Summer Glau in Angel live when it aired ten years ago on February 4th, 2002 but Summer Glau awesomeness catched me up since and i don't think it will ever end.

I particularly like the fact she's genuine, that she carries herself with dignity and never miss a chance to say how much she appreciates her fans as much as they appreciate her as a result. That says a lot about how pretty she is not only on the outside but on the inside as well. There are a lot of “beautiful” leading ladies in Hollywood that are ugly as sin on the inside and vane. Summer doesn’t strike me as any of that.

It should also be noted that Summer Glau is not just a pretty face, but is also a great actress who deserves more attention as such. She’s multifaceted, physical and I personally hope she hits it big or rather bigger then she already has because God knows there are plenty of other woman in Hollywood that don’t deserve the attention they get nor do they have half the talent. I have high expectations for upcoming Knights of Badassdom or her guest appearance in hit show Grey's Anatomy.

She is so talented, driven, and engaged that she excels almost immediately in any part she plays. She is as beautiful on the inside as she is on the outside and she has a raw and pure talent that allows her to breathe vivacious life into her characters.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

chrisdvanneDate: Saturday, 04 Feb 2012, 17:54 | Message # 3
Everybody knows that promo picture from Firefly ...

Firefly Promotional photos - Summer Glau as River Tam

...but do you know that one, from the same photoshoot but rarely seen?

This is a great picture because it shows Summer sweeteness and smile at the same time.

Firefly Promotional photos - Summer Glau as River Tam

riversfeetDate: Saturday, 04 Feb 2012, 18:02 | Message # 4
Group: Friends
Summer's debut anniversary falls on the birthday of one of my favorite voice actresses: Janet Waldo (Judy Jetson). Interesting.

"My favorite thing about River is that she gets to be barefoot so much of the time. I don't like shoes very much." - Summer Glau

BlaziusDate: Saturday, 04 Feb 2012, 19:23 | Message # 5
Ten years of perfection! Summer did wonderful things during the last decade which we'll never forget. Perfect, astonishing characters full of life and realism, in each of her shows and movies I'm constantly amazed and surprised by how good she is. She was perfect in every single scene from the high-profile Serenity and TSCC to her little scenes in the Human Preservation Project. Being fantastic in one role or two may be luck but being fantastic in each and every role she was in is the highest form of mastery.

She gave countless hours of joy with her art despite every hardship while pursuing her own artistic fulfillment for which we should all be grateful.

This would be enough reason to be proud of her but aside from talented she is very determined, strong( both in soul and body) and has the beautiful soul of an angel.

She is a fantastic person who should be valued above everybody else in her profession because she surpasses all of them in all possible way. She should be valued as a good person whose art benefits the whole humanity.

I think even if she stopped right here her work would still be perfect and she should be very proud of her work because we couldn't ask for more from anybody than what she did.

She already did so much but it was only a decade, she has plenty more to come hopefully where she'll make her lifework even more outstanding than what it is now.

Quote (chrisdvanne)
...but do you know that one, from the same photoshoot but rarely seen?

This is a great picture because it shows Summer sweeteness and smile at the same time.

One of my favorites actually!

I wanted to make it a desktop wallpaper but the dimensions weren't right so its my smartphone wallpaper instead now smile

Summer Glau is so awesome, it isn't even funny!
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne!

The1RussterDate: Saturday, 04 Feb 2012, 21:32 | Message # 6
Group: Writer
Ten years.

Ten amazing years.

For ten years Summer Glau has graced our TV screens in a variety of roles that has earned her our love and admiration.

Her fist appearance in Angel probably left us wondering who that pretty ballerina was on that stage. She so impressed Joss Whedon that he immediately thought of her for what has become a cult classic. Summer’s role on Firefly forever endeared her to her fans as the troubled but brilliant teenager, River Tam. For many Summer will always be River.

Whatever role she’s played, and regardless of which was the first time you saw Summer perform, you knew at that moment you were seeing something special. The Mickey Mantle of acting. When she cried, you were crying with her in sympathy, when she was kicking ass you were cheering her on like nothing else, and when she was troubled you wanted to tell her it was going to be okay. That ladies and gentleman is what Summer Glau does with her varied roles. She doesn’t just act, she makes you believe.

Though I didn’t discover Summer until that first time I watched TSCC, I’ve done my best to follow up on everything she’s done before or sense. You want to know what is amazing about that? I’ve never done that for any actor or actress in my life before or since. None. Only Summer Glau. She is special.

So, here’s to you Summer Glau, for making the last ten years of television some of the best we’ve had. You are an amazing young woman, whom God has truly blessed. I can’t imagine what these years would have been like if you didn’t go into acting. In a lot of ways, the ankle injury which ended your days as a ballerina has been a great blessing. Thank you for gracing our lives.

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles REUNION

gabidu25Date: Sunday, 05 Feb 2012, 02:34 | Message # 7
long live summer and her acting career!
biggrin tongue smile wink

i am fan of summer =)

AlexDate: Sunday, 05 Feb 2012, 06:56 | Message # 8
Group: Bloggers
Quote (The1Russter)
Though I didn’t discover Summer until that first time I watched TSCC, I’ve done my best to follow up on everything she’s done before or sense. want to know what is amazing about that? I’ve never done that for any actor or actress in my life before or since. None. Only Summer Glau. She is special.

You are not alone. She is that good that I can readily understand your fascination which I share. But I can't explain why I feel this way. I am amazed at how much work has gone into this site all for the sake of having a place to express an appreciation for Summer. And I am blown away at how much effort people like yourself and many others have put into fan fiction. But what continues to surprise me is how how captivating she is as a performer.

And as an aside, I am quite impressed with the quality of the writing (yours and others).

Here is to many more years of Summer Glau.

If you are going through Hell, keep going.

chrisdvanneDate: Sunday, 05 Feb 2012, 09:57 | Message # 9
Thanks to everyone who participated in Summer Glau Day : the fans, the fansites and special guest star Susannah Charleson from Scent of the Missing biggrin

gabidu25Date: Sunday, 05 Feb 2012, 12:34 | Message # 10

i am fan of summer =)

Message edited by gabidu25 - Sunday, 05 Feb 2012, 12:40

BlaziusDate: Sunday, 05 Feb 2012, 16:56 | Message # 11
Quote (The1Russter)
Though I didn’t discover Summer until that first time I watched TSCC, I’ve done my best to follow up on everything she’s done before or sense. You want to know what is amazing about that? I’ve never done that for any actor or actress in my life before or since. None. Only Summer Glau. She is special.

Thats also the case with me interestingly. I've never loved an actor or been a fan of any actor/actress before so much. I was only fan of movies, series, franchises at best. Actors came and go in them, some I liked some I didn't, and there were hot women plenty in them too and all but I've never wanted to search for their other works or join their fan community. I simply didn't care.

It was a sudden thing with Summer, it never happened before but I was so strongly affected by her that I just wanted to see more and more of her work, I wanted to know who she is and I wanted to be part of her fandom and I wanted to support her every way I can because at long last I've found somebody who deserves every support I and fellow fans can provide.

She is very special to me because out of so many celebrities and artists she is the one who made me love her so much and gave me so much joy in return of that.

Summer Glau is so awesome, it isn't even funny!
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne!

riversfeetDate: Monday, 06 Feb 2012, 17:42 | Message # 12
Quote (chrisdvanne)

Click on image for larger size (2449x3230pixel)
Summer Glau as River Tam in Firefly

I found this photo in a Firefly Companion book at Half-Price books. Ot was "Volume 2". What's in Volume 1?

"My favorite thing about River is that she gets to be barefoot so much of the time. I don't like shoes very much." - Summer Glau

chrisdvanneDate: Monday, 06 Feb 2012, 19:08 | Message # 13
Quote (riversfeet)
I found this photo in a Firefly Companion book at Half-Price books. Ot was "Volume 2". What's in Volume 1?

I found it there too biggrin

Honestly, there is not much Summer Glau stuff (pictures or articles) in the two volumes.

Click on images for larger size
Firefly - The Official Companion vol 1

Firefly - The Official Companion vol 2

riversfeetDate: Monday, 06 Feb 2012, 20:06 | Message # 14
Well Volume 2 did have an interview with her, and had some nice photos of her, and screencaps from the show.

I like how on the Volume 2 cover, Summer/River is in front of the other characters. The cover artist certainly knew who the most popular character is, huh?

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Summer Glau » Summer Glau appreciation » 10 years of Awesomeness (Summer Glau)
  • Page 1 of 1
Search: