menu
person
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Summer Glau » Summer Glau appreciation » The OFFICIAL Summer Glau Appreciation Page!
The OFFICIAL Summer Glau Appreciation Page!
The1Russter Post # 1036 | Tuesday, 06 Mar 2012 - 01:51
Group: Writer
Have you noticed how her eyes grab you and hold your attention? Must have been tricky walking along the underground to catch your train. Bumping into people or people bumping into you because of staring up at the poster.

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles REUNION

Message edited by The1Russter - Tuesday, 06 Mar 2012, 01:51

chrisdvanne_ Post # 1037 | Tuesday, 06 Mar 2012 - 01:59
Group: Administrators
Quote (The1Russter)
Have you noticed how her eyes grab you and hold your attention? Must have been tricky walking along the underground to catch your train. Bumping into people or people bumping into you because of staring up at the poster.

Yes, this poster is amazing because it's beautiful (obviously) but it's also captivating, some may even say creepy.

It's a pity there's probably no smaller prints; i'm sure this movie poster would have been a hit.

Edit : would it have been allowed, or at least well received in the US?

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Message edited by chrisdvanne - Tuesday, 06 Mar 2012, 02:01

Blazius Post # 1038 | Tuesday, 06 Mar 2012 - 02:50
Group: Friends
Quote (chrisdvanne)
I like how Summer is adorable in this interview: she's like a little girl entering a magic world and not realising she's in it, like she was dreaming the whole thing. Also i like the way she says "I"m on a poster"

Thats sure part of Summers charm. She is an incredibly talented and cool movie star while at the same time she is like a girl from your neighborhood who you know for years, normal like you but suddenly becomes famous and can't believe her luck. That makes her feel more closer to her fandom IMO, she is like one of us but more perfect than any of us. People love more a person like her than somebody who is acting like a spoiled princess and takes peoples worship as her birthright. I think this aspect of Summers is a very important thing in why her fans are so loyal to her aside from the consistently fantastic performances she gives to us whenever she is on stage.

Funny remark about the poster. Knowing Summer I think one part of her loved that her work gets recognition but I think her other half was embarassed a bit as she doesn't seem to like being in the spotlight that much despite that she deserves every recognition and fame for her job.

Quote (chrisdvanne)
I won't make you wait any longer!
The "old" Firefly fans may recognize the poster shown below but i doubt many of us knew it even existed.

Nice, I love it very much! And it features River only which means that the huge ceiling was Summers alone, as it should have been always.

Quote (chrisdvanne)
Yes, this poster is amazing because it's beautiful (obviously) but it's also captivating, some may even say creepy.

It's a pity there's probably no smaller prints; i'm sure this movie poster would have been a hit.

Tell me of another person who could evoke so many emotions so strongly only by being on a motionless poster happy

Summer Glau is so awesome, it isn't even funny!
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne!

chrisdvanne_ Post # 1039 | Tuesday, 06 Mar 2012 - 10:15
Quote (Blazius)
Nice, I love it very much! And it features River only

Back in the days, Universal Pictures released several Serenity tv spot, including one called "Passenger", focusing on River Tam of course (you'll notice the title of the tv spot echoes the tag line of the movie poster above "A passenger with a past") :

The clip includes a bit of funny dialog, a bit of mystery mixed with a dollop of fights (hey, it's River Tam we're talking about)

Fermi Post # 1040 | Wednesday, 07 Mar 2012 - 01:27
Fox Upfronts
Fox Upfronts

I love this new pics chrisdvanne added to the gallery *thumbs up*

You can't stop the signal!

The1Russter Post # 1041 | Wednesday, 07 Mar 2012 - 04:52
Group: Writer
This has always been my favorite photo of Summer Glau. She looks so radiant.

Summer Glau Fox Upfronts New York City - May 17, 2007

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles

Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles REUNION

Message edited by The1Russter - Wednesday, 07 Mar 2012, 04:54

chrisdvanne_ Post # 1042 | Wednesday, 07 Mar 2012 - 10:33
It's her "natural", radiant smile which means you have it practically on each photo; this is one of my favorite (also Blazius's) :

Summer Glau Fox Upfronts New York City - May 17, 2007

The photos Fermi selected are more funny and unusual i guess tongue

Marcel93 Post # 1043 | Wednesday, 07 Mar 2012 - 10:36
I love this Photo ......

http://www.fanfiction.net
http://www.fanfiktion.de

Blazius Post # 1044 | Wednesday, 07 Mar 2012 - 19:59
Quote (The1Russter)
This has always been my favorite photo of Summer Glau. She looks so radiant.

Absolutely stunning photo, IMO its close to my favorite Kate Romero photo which Chrisdvanne showed. Thought its a bit too close on Summers face maybe for my tastes, you can even see the tiny veins on her forehead and every little detail on her skin LOL. Though at least you can see how Summers face and skin really looks like and you can see how flawless and perfect they are. Stupid photographer, perfect and beautiful Summer.

Quote (chrisdvanne)
The photos Fermi selected are more funny and unusual i guess

Yeah, again stupid photographer. He/she shouldn't have taken a picture while Summer is in the middle of an expression or a sentence. Believe me you can make funny, stupid or even embarassig pictures of everybody if you do this so its most unfair. Fortunately Summer is cute and beautiful even if she is photographed in an inappropriate way.

On the other hand Fermis second picture is really cool IMO. Summer looks incredibly badass on it for some reason and I like it very much. Could be a shot from a Summer villain movie smile

Message edited by Blazius - Wednesday, 07 Mar 2012, 20:03

chrisdvanne_ Post # 1045 | Thursday, 08 Mar 2012 - 16:55
While making searches for a blog post on River Tam's representation on Serenity Movie Posters, i came across a few other pictures (not prints) of Serenity movie posters taken by fans back in 2005.

Here's another amazing picture taken in the London underground by UK browncoat BOBNSAM; i guess it belongs to the same serie as the one above.

Serenity HQ promo

Does this picture (and the previous one) give an exact idea of what the movie is about and is it too "sexy", you tell me.

Message edited by chrisdvanne - Thursday, 08 Mar 2012, 16:57

Blazius Post # 1046 | Thursday, 08 Mar 2012 - 18:57
Quote (chrisdvanne)
Does this picture (and the previous one) give an exact idea of what the movie is about and is it too "sexy", you tell me.

We probably rarely see that much cleavage on Summer as on that picture, so yeah, thats not exactly what the movie is about. I'm still confused why River, one of Summers most asexual themed characters gets such representation on posters. Seriously she isn't much behind of Cameron, Summers most eyecandy-ish role in this.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 1047 | Monday, 26 Mar 2012 - 16:18
Nice interview with TSCC cast made during the filming of season 2.

Blazius Post # 1048 | Monday, 26 Mar 2012 - 17:50
Summer may not be a Terminator( though in Big Bang Theory it was revealed that might not be the true case biggrin ) however she is a person who happens to be a famous TV star who DOESN'T think herself a god with fans worship as her birthright and in fact a seems like a very nice girl even measured among normal, everyday people. I think thats almost as extraordinary as being a Terminator :). That much for the "I'm just a normal girl" statement.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 1049 | Wednesday, 28 Mar 2012 - 11:51
Candid pictures of Summer Glau :

Summer Glau in town for the FOX TV Upfront, signing autographs for fans while leaving her hotel. New York City, USA - 14.05.08

More photos from the event in the gallery.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 1050 | Thursday, 05 Apr 2012 - 01:06
@Ant_Matulin seize every opportunity to take a picture with Summer Glau when he mets her in conventions or at red carpets :
Click on images for larger size

At recent ECCC (notice the assorted flanel shirt) :

Emerald City Comicon

At Tron Legacy premiere :

TRON: Legacy Los Angeles Premiere

At SDCC 2011 :

Comic Con San Diego

Message edited by chrisdvanne - Thursday, 05 Apr 2012, 01:07

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Summer Glau » Summer Glau appreciation » The OFFICIAL Summer Glau Appreciation Page!
Search: