menu
person
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Summer Glau » Summer Glau appreciation » The OFFICIAL Summer Glau Appreciation Page!
The OFFICIAL Summer Glau Appreciation Page!
chrisdvanne_ Post # 631 | Tuesday, 05 Jul 2011 - 00:37
Group: Administrators
Quote (Blazius)
And when is the National Day in France? I'm curious too.

I thought the entire world knew that!
It's July, 14th. It commemorates the assault of a prison called "La Bastille" in Paris on July, 14th 1789, by people who wanted to get free from the monarchy.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Blazius Post # 632 | Tuesday, 05 Jul 2011 - 02:43
Group: Friends
Quote (michelangelo)
I thought the entire world knew that!

I knew about Bastille Day too but I was unsure if its your "National Day".

Honestly I have a little trouble understanding the concept of a "National Day" because in Hungary we celebrate every of our national holidays equally, neither really stands out from the other.

Summer Glau is so awesome, it isn't even funny!
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne!

chrisdvanne_ Post # 633 | Tuesday, 05 Jul 2011 - 06:41
Quote (Blazius)
Honestly I have a little trouble understanding the concept of a "National Day" because in Hungary we celebrate every of our national holidays equally, neither really stands out from the other.

Usually, a National Day is related to the founding or the autonomy of a nation during the modern era. It depends on each contry's history. Of course there is nothing mandatory but i guess these things helps a country cement the feeling to belong to a nation. But as time goes by the symbolic signification tends to fade out and be replaced by the non symbolic notion of "day off" only. I'm speaking for France only, of course.
I think this is connected to the blending of european countries into the European Community, the relatively free and foremost fast circulation of people around the globe. Some countries like the United States, despite their young age, have succeded in maintaining this feeling vivid by applying things like the salute to the flag in class, taking oath for new citizens,...There is talks in France to introduce similar measures to reinforce the feeling of belonging to a nation...but i digress.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 634 | Tuesday, 05 Jul 2011 - 06:47
Back to topic !

Glauism from @lostkhaos :

* James Blunt was inspired to write "You're Beautiful" after meeting Summer Glau.
* Summer Glau simply walks into Mordor.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 635 | Tuesday, 05 Jul 2011 - 16:04
Summer with BAG during the promo of TSCC in Japan in 2009 (no hover hand):

Message edited by michelangelo - Tuesday, 05 Jul 2011, 20:48

Granite Post # 636 | Tuesday, 05 Jul 2011 - 16:19
Great !

Always with great respect for Brian Green. In my opinion the role of Derek in TSCC in second place after Cameron

" It's just an object. It doesn't mean what you think... "

" Pain ... It is the healing, purifying scalpel of our souls " - Warhammer 40000 universe.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 637 | Tuesday, 05 Jul 2011 - 16:35
Yeah, he did a great job.
It was not easy because he was not in the show from the start but he was a good recuit, appreciated by the fans. His fake death was a real shock at the time. But then we learned next episode he was back again.
More, he always supports the show whenever interviewed.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 638 | Wednesday, 06 Jul 2011 - 16:26
Where and when were these photos taken? Seems recent.

Fermi Post # 639 | Wednesday, 06 Jul 2011 - 16:29
Was not that Paparazzi shoots?

You can't stop the signal!

Devo Post # 640 | Wednesday, 06 Jul 2011 - 16:33
Quote (michelangelo)
Where and when were these photos taken? Seems recent.

I think it could be either her arrival in Toronto, or her arrival back in LA.

They just showed up last night/this morning on an imageboard I frequent.

There are more when i woke up that I need to post, higher rez etc.

We can't find them anywhere else on the internet. And I think the wiki is the only other place they have been posted, unless on a private forum.

This happens from time to time and is one of the main reasons I lurk there.

Devo Post # 641 | Wednesday, 06 Jul 2011 - 16:38
Quote (Fermi)
Was not that Paparazzi shoots?

Maybe. But unlikely because they didn't come from a pap site.

Her pics from arriving at SDCC and picks taken from a boat during filming Deadly Honeymoon are also pap shots. It's kinda arbitrary to disallow some and archive the others.

Fermi Post # 642 | Wednesday, 06 Jul 2011 - 16:57
Quote (Devo)

Her pics from arriving at SDCC and picks taken from a boat during filming Deadly Honeymoon are also pap shots. It's kinda arbitrary to disallow some and archive the others.

These where taken at her work, arriving at an airport is not.

Devo Post # 643 | Wednesday, 06 Jul 2011 - 17:05
Quote (Fermi)
Quote (Devo) Her pics from arriving at SDCC and picks taken from a boat during filming Deadly Honeymoon are also pap shots. It's kinda arbitrary to disallow some and archive the others. These where taken at her work, arriving at an airport is not.

Maybe so, but then again there are also pics of her before she was an actor when she was 16 years old. These are more intrusive than pap shots.

But it is your decision.

Devo Post # 644 | Wednesday, 06 Jul 2011 - 17:16
Quote (Blazius)
Quote (michelangelo)I thought the entire world knew that! I knew about Bastille Day too but I was unsure if its your "National Day". Honestly I have a little trouble understanding the concept of a "National Day" because in Hungary we celebrate every of our national holidays equally, neither really stands out from the other.

I never realized Bastille Day was so close to our Independence Day. There must be something special about Summer. happy

USA and France have a very odd sibling rivalry. We are forever locked in relationship not unlike a family. I always found it odd that both peoples became fed-up with their royal masters at about the same time.

Fermi Post # 645 | Wednesday, 06 Jul 2011 - 18:37
Quote (Devo)
Maybe so, but then again there are also pics of her before she was an actor when she was 16 years old. These are more intrusive than pap shots.

But it is your decision.

Lol Those pictures where from a ballet performance and was taken by the dance institute, it was also online on their servers for many years there is nothing intrusive about it.

I'm not going to argue the rules I've said my opinion about paparazzi several times.

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Summer Glau » Summer Glau appreciation » The OFFICIAL Summer Glau Appreciation Page!
Search: