menu
person
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Summer Glau » Summer Glau appreciation » The OFFICIAL Summer Glau Appreciation Page!
The OFFICIAL Summer Glau Appreciation Page!
chrisdvanne_ Post # 556 | Friday, 17 Jun 2011 - 15:20
Group: Administrators
Quote (Blazius)
Personally I think yours is better. I like the Angel-Demon concept and you have a really good taste for colors which is notable even on the Calendar.

Thanks!
I'm working on a new fanart as we speak; will try to finish it for tonight, at least an first version. But it seems Photoshop has a mind on its own, it does not what i want him to. The sofware is designed to terminate upset humans.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

chrisdvanne_ Post # 557 | Saturday, 18 Jun 2011 - 19:18
Behind the scene pict of Summer (TSCC) :

Attachments: 5707496.jpg(202.7 Kb) · 6680214.jpg(139.1 Kb)

Fermi Post # 558 | Saturday, 18 Jun 2011 - 23:16

Cameron's Story by ondrejoh

You can't stop the signal!

chrisdvanne_ Post # 559 | Saturday, 18 Jun 2011 - 23:33
"Alison from Palmdale" is not my favorite episode on TSCC but without no doubt her best performance on the show.

I know that a lot of site, including IMDb, write Allison with two "l" but if you look at 1:06 when Cameron writes her name on the admission form, it's Alison young with one "l".
It's written correctly on the homepage but not on the character page : http://summer-glau.com/index/characters/0-61 nor on the Alison Young page (check the whole page) : http://summer-glau.com/index/alison_young/0-109
Also Ticket girl should be two separate words.
Also a white frame appear around Orwell's picture.

Devo Post # 560 | Saturday, 18 Jun 2011 - 23:45
Group: Friends
Quote (michelangelo)
"Alison from Palmdale" is not my favorite episode on TSCC but without no doubt her best performance on the show. I know that a lot of site, including IMDb, write Allison with two "l" but if you look at 1:06 when Cameron writes her name on the admission form, it's Alison young with one "l". It's written correctly on the homepage but not on the character page : http://summer-glau.com/index/characters/0-61 nor on the Alison Young page (check the whole page) : http://summer-glau.com/index/alison_young/0-109 Also Ticket girl should be two separate words. Also a white frame appear around Orwell's picture.

Ha, I have always spelled it Alison too for the same reason. Even the title on the internet and on the discs have it spelled with two "l"s. But Cameron wrote it with a single so it's canon imo. tongue

Blazius Post # 561 | Sunday, 19 Jun 2011 - 00:35
Alison from Palmdale is my favorite episode from Terminator and one of my favorite scifi series episodes of all time. I never imagined somebody could do something like this with a Terminator character. Also Summers performance was brutal both as Alison and as Cameron. Also this episode was very important from a character development point of view because we saw Cameron torture and murder a young girl while she also stole her identity and appearance.

I'm curious about one thing through. Did she fill the form correctly? She wrote "Alison" as last name and "Young" as first name. Is this correct?

Summer Glau is so awesome, it isn't even funny!
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne!

termi-ninja-tor Post # 562 | Sunday, 19 Jun 2011 - 00:55
Quote (Blazius)
Alison from Palmdale is my favorite episode from Terminator and one of my favorite scifi series episodes of all time. I never imagined somebody could do something like this with a Terminator character. Also Summers performance was brutal both as Alison and as Cameron. Also this episode was very important from a character development point of view because we saw Cameron torture and murder a young girl while she also stole her identity and appearance. I'm curious about one thing through. Did she fill the form correctly? She wrote "Alison" as last name and "Young" as first name. Is this correct?

Good catch. Clearly, she filled the form incorrectly.

I believe Ms. Young's first name is correctly spelled with two L's. The producers and writers who defined and named the character used two L's, as best evidenced in the title of the episode.

In her interrogation, Allison never spelled her name for Cameron, so Cameron never knew if it had one or two L's. Cameron knew, just as we know, that the name could be spelled either way, with one L or with two. So when Cameron was filling out the form, she arbitrarily chose the slightly shorter version with one L. She guessed wrong.

Devo Post # 563 | Sunday, 19 Jun 2011 - 01:00
Quote (termi-ninja-tor)
Quote (Blazius)Alison from Palmdale is my favorite episode from Terminator and one of my favorite scifi series episodes of all time. I never imagined somebody could do something like this with a Terminator character. Also Summers performance was brutal both as Alison and as Cameron. Also this episode was very important from a character development point of view because we saw Cameron torture and murder a young girl while she also stole her identity and appearance. I'm curious about one thing through. Did she fill the form correctly? She wrote "Alison" as last name and "Young" as first name. Is this correct? Good catch. Clearly, she filled the form incorrectly. I believe Ms. Young's first name is correctly spelled with two L's. The producers and writers who defined and named the character used two L's, as best evidenced in the title of the episode. In her interrogation, Allison never spelled her name for Cameron, so Cameron never knew if it had one or two L's. Cameron knew, just as we know, that the name could be spelled either way, with one L or with two. So when Cameron was filling out the form, she arbitrarily chose the slightly shorter version with one L. She guessed wrong.

Interesting observation.

Alyson can also be spelled with a "y".

I wonder if there is a way to find out if 'Alison' is the most common way to spell the name, and bolster your theory.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 564 | Sunday, 19 Jun 2011 - 01:19
Quote (Blazius)
I'm curious about one thing through. Did she fill the form correctly? She wrote "Alison" as last name and "Young" as first name. Is this correct?

The purpose of this scene was to tell to the audience that Cameron is 100% Alison Young and not Cameron , not to fill a form. When someona aks your name you say John Connor and not Connor John. It happened that the form they used in the serie itself required the last name before, that's all.

I don't know why i'm not at ease with this episode; partly because it can be considered as a loner and partly because i prefer Cameron to Alison. After this episode, i don't think Alison was mentioned again; we had to wait the finale images of the season finale. A lot of TSCC fans felt little connection to Alison because we had no screen time to do that, except this episode. It raised many questions about the role of Alison among the resistance in the future but these questions could not be addressed because of the cancelation.
According to the little we know from season 3, Summer Glau would have played Alison for a few episodes. Jameronites like me saw Alison as a potential rival for Cameron in the conquest of John's heart, hence the disltrust toward the character.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 565 | Sunday, 19 Jun 2011 - 01:30
Quote (termi-ninja-tor)
In her interrogation, Allison never spelled her name for Cameron, so Cameron never knew if it had one or two L's. Cameron knew, just as we know, that the name could be spelled either way, with one L or with two. So when Cameron was filling out the form, she arbitrarily chose the slightly shorter version with one L. She guessed wrong.

I think you have too much imagination. It could simply that Summer glau, as an actress not as a character, got it wrong when she spelled it, even if it was spellled with two l on the script. Or it could have a mispelling on the script Summer Glau was delivered. I cannot say which one theory is the one, but i think the more simple is the more plausible.

Side note : Ouch, i made Fermi change all the wiki to write it with one "l".

Devo Post # 566 | Sunday, 19 Jun 2011 - 01:47
Quote (michelangelo)
Quote (termi-ninja-tor)In her interrogation, Allison never spelled her name for Cameron, so Cameron never knew if it had one or two L's. Cameron knew, just as we know, that the name could be spelled either way, with one L or with two. So when Cameron was filling out the form, she arbitrarily chose the slightly shorter version with one L. She guessed wrong. I think you have too much imagination. It could simply that Summer glau, as an actress not as a character, got it wrong when she spelled it, even if it was spellled with two l on the script. Or it could have a mispelling on the script Summer Glau was delivered. I cannot say which one theory is the one, but i think the more simple is the more plausible. Side note : Ouch, i made Fermi change all the wiki to write it with one "l".

The Glaudess is infallible. The writer's clearly got it wrong. tongue

I really, really, really, wanted more Alison. I love when Summer gets to show her range. ohyes
I think termi might be on to something though, as mentioned before about the commonality of the various spellings.

Charley_Dixon Post # 567 | Sunday, 19 Jun 2011 - 05:13
Quote (termi-ninja-tor)
I believe Ms. Young's first name is correctly spelled with two L's. The producers and writers who defined and named the character used two L's, as best evidenced in the title of the episode.

Yes this question was asked many times and I believe one of the writers explained that spelling "Alison" with one "l" was Cameron's mistake. Unfortunately this was very long time ago so I do not remember who and when said that. I've tried to search but I could not find it.

Cameron: My brother says if you want to be good at anything, you have to practice every day.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 568 | Sunday, 19 Jun 2011 - 09:43
TSCC S02Ep04 "A**ison from Paldale" :

Police Officer, present time: What's your name?
Back (forward?) to the future.
A**ison: My name? Why should I tell you?
Terminator: If you don't, we'll give you one.
A**ison: Go ahead. I'm dying to hear it.
(A Terminator brands a barcode on A**ison's arm)
A**ison: A**ison! A**ison Young!
Terminator: Ok, that's A**ison, but how many l ?

chrisdvanne_ Post # 569 | Sunday, 19 Jun 2011 - 09:59
ASK HER!

Attachments: 4412344.jpg(134.6 Kb)

Granite Post # 570 | Sunday, 19 Jun 2011 - 10:05
Great joke !

" It's just an object. It doesn't mean what you think... "

" Pain ... It is the healing, purifying scalpel of our souls " - Warhammer 40000 universe.

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Summer Glau » Summer Glau appreciation » The OFFICIAL Summer Glau Appreciation Page!
Search: