menu
person
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Summer Glau » Summer Glau appreciation » The OFFICIAL Summer Glau Appreciation Page!
The OFFICIAL Summer Glau Appreciation Page!
chrisdvanne_ Post # 2626 | Monday, 26 Sep 2016 - 08:41
Group: Administrators
Great moment from the Firefly panel at Dragon Con 2016.
Not gonna lie, it's probably the same look I'd have biggrin

Great moment from the Firefly panel at Dragon Con 2016

Quoted from Brandon Pierce.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Admirator Post # 2627 | Tuesday, 27 Sep 2016 - 05:28
Group: Moderators
Quote chrisdvanne ()
Great moment from the Firefly panel at Dragon Con 2016.
Not gonna lie, it's probably the same look I'd have
biggrin . They are trying hard to find something that would make fans laugh. Summer's expressions are top either way smile .

While i was.. youtubing, i stumbled on a video for Summer (i must have been looking for her smile ), which is out there for quite some time (it has scenes only from season 1!), but as it seems, due to bad naming, it is hard to locate it. I once was thinking to use the same song. It was by Meredith Brooks and not by Joan Osbourne (wikipedia certified).

Very nice! And a Sarah Connor version... They claim both the same role biggrin . Summer is definitely an Angel from the good ones smile .

To the Sweetest Terminator in the Verse..., Summtris (game), Twitter

Message edited by Admirator - Tuesday, 27 Sep 2016, 06:15

chrisdvanne_ Post # 2628 | Wednesday, 05 Oct 2016 - 14:04
Admirator send me another fan-made video.

Cameron performs a series of checks during her boot process.

KevinInEngland Post # 2629 | Wednesday, 05 Oct 2016 - 17:04
Group: Friends
# 2910 Of course she is built for action, killing Greys and enemies of John.

I don't know whether the language barrier would be a problem for you but I have just viewed the 1st episode of WestWorld.  It is very good in my opinion and they have some interesting concepts.  Of course I would be interested because it covers artificial intelligence just like #TSCC.
It reminds me of the awful event on our (UK) TV news channel recently when a man with lots and lots of money went from Texas to Namibia to shoot an elephant and bring its tusk back.
WestWorld has a few rich customers who are rather abusive to cyborg women.  If you have enough money, you can do anything apparently.

Admirator Post # 2630 | Thursday, 06 Oct 2016 - 05:49
Quote KevinInEngland ()
WestWorld has a few rich customers who are rather abusive to cyborg women.

Interesting scenario. It usually goes the other way smile , meaning machines, or aliens, or monsters abusing people. But abusing in any direction is wrong. A lot of Saints say, that the only use of anger/wrath is against our own personal sins. I guess some anger is justified in war situations, where someone has to defend his country, but definitely not in a personal level. Of course wars shouldn’t start at all in the first place.

Quote chrisdvanne ()
Cameron performs a series of checks during her boot process.

This video, it is not a big project. It is just an experiment i did to extract frames (82 of them) from the original video and display them in reverse order, making the “Cameron coming back” effect. Her left turn is just mirroring her right turn, which can be done easily with “windows live movie maker”. It was Chrisdvanne’s proposal to use this Terminator style font for the captions and he even provided the source of it. It looks great!
And speaking of his contribution, i remembered that in the Summer’s birthday invitation video, it was Chrisdvanne again who chose this nice song, approved the captions shown/narrated and even defined the music’s timing. Friends KevinInEngland and Robbo also oversaw and corrected the validity of the captions. I just picked the clips and put them all together. It was a team work and one i’m proud of wink . It wasn’t a big enough project to justify the help from other site members, but i’m sure they would be more than happy to contribute smile .
Finally, one more thanks goes to Chrisdvanne, for his hospitality on this site and his youtube, account of our work and opinions. All these videos he uploaded on youtube and even advertised in his facebook and twitter accounts, would have a lot less viewing numbers if he didn’t do so.

Oh and of course, i appreciate Summer smile .

Message edited by Admirator - Thursday, 06 Oct 2016, 06:04

Admirator Post # 2631 | Friday, 07 Oct 2016 - 09:27
Quote Wikipedia ()
An adder, also called summer, is a digital circuit that performs addition of numbers. In many computers and other kinds of processors, adders are used not only in the arithmetic logic units, but also in other parts of the processor, where they are used to calculate addresses, table indices, increment and decrement operators, and similar operations.

It is a really important circuit. Imagine that besides the obvious use, that it is to add numbers, subtraction can also be done as an addition to the inverted (0s->1s and 1s->0s) binary number, plus number 2 (two’s compliment if i remember right). Even multiplications and divisions in the computers were done as multiple additions or subtractions and that is the reason they didn’t have a constant time of execution. I don’t know though, if this is done in the same way nowadays. Anyway, very important circuit and here is where i’m trying to get you smile :

Summer Glau Cameron tscc adder digital circuit

I reminded me of this funny picture smile :

dr. Spock joke

KevinInEngland Post # 2632 | Friday, 07 Oct 2016 - 12:59
Hello Admirator et al.  I entirely agree.  Apart from sarahconnorfans.com : Where I have played the wordgame since 2008 :
http://www.sarahconnorfans.com/thread....=20#top

This is usually the only other site I use.  Chris & team had done a good job here.
I often read twitters from people like @terminatorfans and follow almost all the TSCC character, whenever possible.
Both James Cameron and Gale Ann Hurd, the original Terminator brains, have continued to do exceedingly well ever since - the Living Dead for example.

I'll have to have a look at Windows Live Movie Maker, to see what it is like.

KevinInEngland Post # 2633 | Friday, 07 Oct 2016 - 17:31
# 2913 is that true? Fancy that!!

Here, we have adders.  Snakes, but I have not seen one.  I have a few slow-worms in my garden.  They are the smallest snake but not deadly.  They look like big worms but if you look close you can see their little black eyes, mouth and wiggly forked tongue.  I have a few in my potato growing wooden frames.

Enrique Salceda collected rattlesnakes in 1984.

The Spock joke is good.

Admirator Post # 2634 | Saturday, 08 Oct 2016 - 09:38
Quote KevinInEngland ()
http://www.sarahconnorfans.com/thread....=20#top
Hmm, i saw some familiar avatars and usernames from this site too smile .
Quote KevinInEngland ()
Windows Live Movie Maker,
It can't overlay a picture or video on top of another and it has slow/jumpy preview, but otherwise it is a decent one!
Quote KevinInEngland ()
is that true? Fancy that!! ...adders.
Yes it is true. When studying, i once had to memorize this circuit. I was going to replace the name "adder" with "summer" on my own, but during the process i saw that "summer" was already used alternatively for it. Perhaps Josh Friedman had this already in mind biggrin ?
Quote KevinInEngland ()
Here, we have adders. Snakes
Hmm. There was a British made, best seller computer game called "Elite Frontier", back in 1993-94, which had a lot of starships named after snakes and there was one called "adder". Now i get it smile !

Have i said, that i appreciate Summer smile ?

|
\/
Quote KevinInEngland ()
Not often enough.!!!
biggrin .
I appreciate Summer smile !

Message edited by Admirator - Sunday, 09 Oct 2016, 17:25

KevinInEngland Post # 2635 | Sunday, 09 Oct 2016 - 13:31
Not often enough.!!!

chrisdvanne_ Post # 2636 | Sunday, 09 Oct 2016 - 16:12
11 years ago today Director Joss Whedon and actors Summer Glau and Nathan Fillion made the opening of the 38th Sitges Film Festival in Spain.

Joss Whedon and actors Summer Glau and Nathan Fillion made the opening of the 38th Sitges Film Festival on Sunday, October 9th, 2005 with Serenity.Joss Whedon and actors Summer Glau and Nathan Fillion made the opening of the 38th Sitges Film Festival on Sunday, October 9th, 2005 with Serenity.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 2637 | Tuesday, 11 Oct 2016 - 22:51
Behind the Scenes with Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles - Summer Glau receives a staple repaired battle-damage makeup application.

Behind the Scenes with Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles - Summer Glau receives a staple repaired battle-damage makeup application.

KevinInEngland Post # 2638 | Wednesday, 12 Oct 2016 - 10:43
# 2919 Yes Chris.  Here we have a terminator enjoying a little bit of fuss, just like she did from Chola in the episode 1_2 Gnothi Seauton.
It is an expression that I’ve never seen before from Cameron.
When & after returning from the empty old office building, Cameron needed some face treatment for her cuts & bruises at Carlos’s pad.  Chola applies make-up to Cameron's face which Sarah notices & is surprised by the situation which she must have thought was ridiculous judging by her quick reaction – she probably thought Cameron could do it herself & it looked as though she was enjoying the pampering. She liked it, it would seem.

chrisdvanne_ Post # 2639 | Thursday, 13 Oct 2016 - 11:41
Quote KevinInEngland ()
Chola applies make-up to Cameron's face which Sarah notices & is surprised by the situation which she must have thought was ridiculous judging by her quick reaction – she probably thought Cameron could do it herself & it looked as though she was enjoying the pampering. She liked it, it would seem.

I re-watched the scene just to see Sarah's reaction and indeed Sarah looks surprised/annoyed. Obviously she doesn't understand that this makeup thing is part of Cameron's learning process.

As an aside, Chola is the closet thing to a friend Cameron ever had.

Chola applies make-up to Cameron's face

KevinInEngland Post # 2640 | Thursday, 13 Oct 2016 - 15:07
# 2921 Yes Chris.  I noticed when it was first aired.

Are you or anyone who visits this site viewing Westworld?
I think there is a lot to think about (apart from the obvious shooting, destruction and other nasty stuff).  Perhaps things will get this extreme in a distant future?
It has become very popular and quoted as a possible replacement for Game of Thrones, according to SKY TV in the UK.
Perhaps James Cameron & Gale Ann Hurd should have a hard think about how they will design their terminators in the future, as I can see obvious 'chafing' design flaws.
Anyway, I can see similarities to Cameron's 'Allison Young' glitch/tracking and how a few of the cyborgs end up at the end of episode 2.
Plenty to think about.

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Summer Glau » Summer Glau appreciation » The OFFICIAL Summer Glau Appreciation Page!
Search: