menu
person
Welcome to summer-glau.com, your fan source for all things Summer on the web. Browse around the site and visit our growing GALLERY housing over 65,000 photos. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter and Facebook and be sure to visit the site again!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Summer Glau » Summer Glau appreciation » Comment that picture of Summer Glau!
Comment that picture of Summer Glau!
FordStaffDate: Tuesday, 22 Nov 2011, 09:38 | Message # 121
Group: Friends
Generally speaking, i'm always amazed by the fact writers say very little about the character development to the actors who plays them; Summer said on numerous interview she did not know where the story would go in TSCC,

There are few shows that have their character development all figured out from the beginning. Often times it takes a season or two just for the writers to truly define the characters so to speak before they even get a chance to develop. There is a practical reason for this, it allows for more fluidity with the story and as Chris said -

Secrecy means that plots dont get leaked that and some of the plots could have been more liquid then others depending on the reaction they recieved to the possibility of it

This way the story and characters are not locked into place ahead of time, audience reaction can be gauged in case a characterization or development is not going to be well received it can be avoided. The drawback is that the story may become haphazard, and it leaves less room for rigorous planning.

Keep Flying - Not much, but it's enough.

Message edited by FordStaff - Tuesday, 22 Nov 2011, 09:39

chrisdvanne_Date: Tuesday, 22 Nov 2011, 10:01 | Message # 122
Group: Administrators
Quote (FordStaff)
This way the story and characters are not locked into place ahead of time, audience reaction can be gauged in case a characterization or development is not going to be well received it can be avoided.

I'm not sure Josh Frieman had much consideration for the audience or that the audience's reaction altered the course of the story in any way; imponderable elements like the writers's strike had a lot of influence imo (to which extend we will never know since we don't know exactly what parts were removed from Friedman's initial plan).
Also i think i remember Friedman said he wrote 'Born To Run' as if TSCC would get a season 3 and not to give the audience a proper closure.
If he wanted to please the audience, he would have included more interactions between John and Cameron in season 2 but i don't think Friedman is that type.

Also the network can have an influence on the plots when they see the ratings plunge; we're not in the writers's room so that it's impossible to say which inflexion in character development can be attributed to which factor, unless the writers say in an interview.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

FordStaffDate: Tuesday, 22 Nov 2011, 10:10 | Message # 123

I'm not sure Josh Frieman had much consideration for the audience or that the audience's reaction altered the course of the story in any way; imponderable elements like the writers's strike had a lot of influence imo (to which extend we will never know since we don't know exactly what parts were removed from Friedman's initial plan).
Also i think i remember Friedman said he wrote 'Born To Run' as if TSCC would get a season 3 and not to give the audience a proper closure.
If he wanted to please the audience, he would have included more interactions between John and Cameron in season 2 but i don't think Friedman is that type.

Also the network can have an influence on the plots when they see the ratings plunge; we're not in the writers's room so that it's impossible to say which inflexion in character development can be attributed to which factor, unless the writers say in an interview.

That's the grit and grime of it, in the end there are many things competing to alter fictional universes as they are actually presented. All are valid points as to why Summer (or any actor) would not be informed on matters of her character's development. If what you say is true I like that Friedman was not one to bend the show into something that it was not, but confuses me further as to why he refuses to release his plans.

ChrisDate: Tuesday, 22 Nov 2011, 10:19 | Message # 124
Quote (michelangelo)
I'm not sure Josh Frieman had much consideration for the audience or that the audience's reaction altered the course of the story in any way; imponderable elements like the writers's strike had a lot of influence imo (to which extend we will never know since we don't know exactly what parts were removed from Friedman's initial plan). Also i think i remember Friedman said he wrote 'Born To Run' as if TSCC would get a season 3 and not to give the audience a proper closure. If he wanted to please the audience, he would have included more interactions between John and Cameron in season 2 but i don't think Friedman is that type.

The problem is BTR was not meant to be the series final, stuff that happened in season 2 sucked for peoples want of interaction between John and Cameron but if the show was just going to be about a boy kissing a girl robot you might as well have called it Beverly Hills Terminator they had lots of stories going on at the same time, maybe too many which could have been influenced by the writers strike don't know can't say but I think there was more John and Cameron stuff in season 2 them people accept simply because their relationship was in limbo, John was trying to push her away she was doing her own things yet they always came back together and had lots moments together which were leading towards their big kiss etc but not obviously so like it was in season 1.

Being fair to the writers you couldnt expect the characters to go through Cameron trying to kill John as if it never happened once John inserted her chip refusing to burn her season 3 most likely would have been more revealing as the story was gaining alot of pace as the small pieces started fitting together with John and Cameron both coming to terms with the car bomb incident all they missed was kissing when he had his hand in her chest the looks were there for both of them at that point that was seen in series 1 even after John wanted to know about her power source thinking she was making Sarah sick

ChrisDate: Tuesday, 22 Nov 2011, 10:21 | Message # 125
Quote (FordStaff)
That's the grit and grime of it, in the end there are many things competing to alter fictional universes as they are actually presented. All are valid points as to why Summer (or any actor) would not be informed on matters of her character's development. If what you say is true I like that Friedman was not one to bend the show into something that it was not, but confuses me further as to why he refuses to release his plans.

Maybe there is still talk of continuation in some form direct to DVD etc possibly

chrisdvanne_Date: Tuesday, 22 Nov 2011, 11:04 | Message # 126
Quote (Chris)
Maybe there is still talk of continuation in some form direct to DVD etc possibly

Only here and in TSCC boards.

Though private investors are rumored to continue the serie but their main problem so far is to buy the rights (TSCC 's rights belongs to WB and Annapurna Films and they're probably not going to sell them).

BlaziusDate: Tuesday, 22 Nov 2011, 23:20 | Message # 127
Quote (michelangelo)
Though private investors are rumored to continue the serie but their main problem so far is to buy the rights (TSCC 's rights belongs to WB and Annapurna Films and they're probably not going to sell them).

Will there be even another Terminator film? Things are a bit quite in that department if you ask me.

Quote (Chris)
Being fair to the writers you couldnt expect the characters to go through Cameron trying to kill John as if it never happened once John inserted her chip refusing to burn her season 3 most likely would have been more revealing as the story was gaining alot of pace as the small pieces started fitting together with John and Cameron both coming to terms with the car bomb incident all they missed was kissing when he had his hand in her chest the looks were there for both of them at that point that was seen in series 1 even after John wanted to know about her power source thinking she was making Sarah sick

Sorry for interrupting but am I the only one who thought that the scene in Born to Run actually indicated that Cameron has no romantic feelings towards John? I mean everybody thinks that because it was an almost kiss then they actually kissed while I think that the fact that it was only an almost kiss actually indicated the opposite what most people believe. Remember, you can never know how to interpret a scene in TSCC if its about Cameron.

Summer Glau is so awesome, it isn't even funny!
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne!

FordStaffDate: Tuesday, 22 Nov 2011, 23:23 | Message # 128
Sorry for interrupting but am I the only one who thought that the scene in Born to Run actually indicated that Cameron has no romantic feelings towards John?

No your not, then again I still need to watch the shows entire run to put everything in context, but for now I tentatively agree.

chrisdvanne_Date: Wednesday, 23 Nov 2011, 00:08 | Message # 129
Quote (FordStaff)
Will there be even another Terminator film? Things are a bit quite in that department if you ask me.

100% sure !
Due to some stipulation James Cameron included in the rights back in the day, the Terminator rights will revert back to him by 2018; Megan Ellison, whose company Anapurna bought the rights, must make two Terminator films before 2018 or she would have spent her money for nothing.
Arnold and Justin Lin had plans for next year but it will maybe be postponed to 2013.

Sorry for interrupting but am I the only one who thought that the scene in Born to Run actually indicated that Cameron has no romantic feelings towards John?

It just means that she had a mission to complete (free Sarah) and it was not the time to "just making conversation".

Message edited by michelangelo - Monday, 28 Nov 2011, 02:20

BlaziusDate: Wednesday, 23 Nov 2011, 02:18 | Message # 130
Quote (michelangelo)
100% sure !
Due to some stipulation James Cameron included in the rights back in the day, the Terminator rights will revert back to him by 2018; Megan Ellison, whose company Anapurna bought the rights, must make two Terminator films before 2018 or she would have spent her money for nothing.
Arnold and Justin Lin had plans for next year but it will maybe be postponed to 2013.

I hope they'll try to make a bearable movie this time after T4's disgrace.

BlaziusDate: Monday, 28 Nov 2011, 02:13 | Message # 131
Serenity

This is one of the most memorable scenes for me from Serenity. As River flows into the picture, her skirt and hair floated by the wind. She walks slowly, her skin is so white, she is beautiful but has a chilly aura. Beautiful but slightly depressing music heard in the background. The ghost city setting also sets the mood.

In this scene River absolutely strikes me as a ghost girl. Maybe the spirit of a beautiful young woman or girl. There is some ethereal and truly creepy atmosphere in this scene I think. I'm not sure if this is the reaction Whedon intended with the scene but I think he wanted to show something because this scene looks important to me.

I include a clip with the scene too so you see the context of the image(through you won't hear the in movie sound- I don't like that all video replaces sound with music on Youtube BTW). Its at 0:42

Message edited by Blazius - Monday, 28 Nov 2011, 02:15

FermiDate: Tuesday, 20 Dec 2011, 22:03 | Message # 132
Firefly on set
Here is a picture for you to comment on Summer Glau on set of Firefly with Danny Nero
Read more at http://titanbooks.com/blog/set-firefly/ where you also can find more on set pics

Also my blog post about it http://summer-glau.com/blog/on_the_set_of_firefly/2011-12-20-209

You can't stop the signal!

chrisdvanne_Date: Wednesday, 21 Dec 2011, 00:52 | Message # 133
So that Danny guy is a stand-in actor!
I guess he made a bet with Nathan Fillion and lost it, leading to him having to walk on set with weird hairs.

Also....

chrisdvanne_Date: Saturday, 11 Feb 2012, 12:20 | Message # 134
This is a picture taken during Dragon Con 2010, a fantasy/SF convention held annualy in Atlanta, GA.
This picture is in our gallery but there is a story behind each picture of Summer Glau and her fans and it's interesting and more vivid to have the story that comes along with the picture; find below the comment of the fan featured in the picture :

Dragon con 2010

Quote (Halo)
I share with you now, the lone reason one should attend DragonCon. Ok, there’s about a thousand others but this is as good or better than all of those.

And here's the comment of the webmaster of the site where this picture has been posted

Quote (BFMCAST.com)
For anyone who is as big a Firefly fan as me, you may find it awesome that she was walking around barefoot. Or if you have a foot fetish I suppose.

And here is the proof he's not lying about Summer walking barefoot biggrin

Dragon con 2010

Message edited by chrisdvanne - Saturday, 11 Feb 2012, 12:28

BlaziusDate: Tuesday, 14 Feb 2012, 14:14 | Message # 135
Summer's GQ magazine photoshoot video.

A picture of the photoshoot if somebody is not familiar with it:

GQ Magazine

And now the vid( sorry for the quality, it was much better pre-upload sad ):

The reason I'm so eager to show it is that I've found this vid quite disturbing.

I don't like Summers expressions on it at all. She seems disturbed, embarrassed and sad on it IMO and at 0.42 she seems like she is about to cry.

Also at 0.47 the guy seems like he is shouting with her but considering that we only see him for a moment it can be anything of course and I wouldn't have even noticed it if Summers expressions wouldn't be so disturbing.

I don't want to start panic or start a witch hunt or false rumors of course. It may be that only my extremely protective side is what fools me into thinking something is wrong so I'd like to hear other, more clear headed opinions too.

So did you find this video as upsetting as me? If not then I'm probably mad and ignore me and enjoy the vid.

Message edited by Blazius - Tuesday, 14 Feb 2012, 14:22

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Summer Glau » Summer Glau appreciation » Comment that picture of Summer Glau!
Search: