menu
person
Check out the latest additions to our ever expanding GALLERY hosting over 65,000 photos!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Summer Glau » Summer Glau appreciation » Comment that picture of Summer Glau!
Comment that picture of Summer Glau!
Fox012Date: Thursday, 27 Oct 2011, 18:26 | Message # 76
Group: Administrators
That dork Host confused Summer all the time in this interview...

I like to put his head on a pike for all 2 see biggrin

Because you dont mess with The Glau wink

"I saw the victims of a senseless crime, I was reminded that we don’t know when or where our time on Earth will end. When or where we will breathe our last breath." -- Jessica "Redfield" Ghawi

Message edited by Fox012 - Friday, 28 Oct 2011, 05:33

BlaziusDate: Thursday, 27 Oct 2011, 20:08 | Message # 77
Group: Friends
Quote (michelangelo)
Given there is marketing considerations at stake, there is a 5 Gum's representative standing next to Summer. Summer is constantely turning her head to the left where he/she stands , looking for her/his approval; this was particularly blatant when the dumbass said Summer spoiled something and Summer answered "i think i'm good" but her body language says otherwise at 1:18 of 2nd video (turning head and crossing fingers, see screenshot below).

Yes that was surprising indeed. Thats another sing that Summer still needs strong support during interviews and she still can't mask very well that she needs it and its presence. Of course she probably wouldn't have a single problem if Mr. Dumbass didn't asked so dumbass confusing questions. She was still very good compared to the circumstances.

Quote (Fox012)
That dork Host confsaued Summer all the time in this interview...

I like to put his head on a pike for all 2 see

Because you dont mess with The Glau

This!

Summer Glau is so awesome, it isn't even funny!
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne!

Message edited by Blazius - Thursday, 27 Oct 2011, 20:10

chrisdvanneDate: Thursday, 27 Oct 2011, 23:44 | Message # 78
Quote (Fox012)
That dork Host confsaued Summer all the time in this interview... I like to put his head on a pike for all 2 see Because you dont mess with The Glau

Lol!

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

chrisdvanneDate: Friday, 28 Oct 2011, 00:06 | Message # 79
Quote (Blazius)
Yes that was surprising indeed. Thats another sing that Summer still needs strong support during interviews and she still can't mask very well that she needs it and its presence. Of course she probably wouldn't have a single problem if Mr. Dumbass didn't asked so dumbass confusing questions. She was still very good compared to the circumstances.

Eliza Dushku named Entertainment Matters Ambassador for the Entertainment Matters Program at 2012 Consumer Electronic Show. This is much bigger than 5 Gum ambassador in terms of exposition; Summer Glau has more nerd credit than Eliza but Eliza is more skilled than Summer when it comes to make the show.

Back for another year, Entertainment Matters at CES is handcrafted by and for Hollywood's film, television and digital communities. With CES being held Tuesday, January 10-Friday, January 13, 2012 in Las Vegas, Nevada, as a part of her ambassadorship, Dushku will offer up her savvy skills to SPIKE TV's CES All Access Live broadcast coverage throughout CES and will also host the SPIKE's exclusive VIP CES party at Tryst Nightclub in the Wynn Las Vegas.

"We are pleased to have Eliza Dushku join the 2012 International CES as the face of our Entertainment Matters at CES Program," CEA senior vice president of events and conferences Karen Chupka announced. "I'm honored to be the first Ambassador to the Entertainment Matters program at CES and special contributor to SPIKE TV's 'CES All Access Live' coverage programming," said Dushku. "I'm incredibly fortunate to have great, tech savvy fans who constantly push me to stay ahead of the curve in consumer technology, which I'm very passionate about. I love going to CES, and I'm excited to now have a real platform to encourage more of my film and television industry colleagues to experience CES."

The 2012 Entertainment Matters at CES Program is sponsored by Variety and Ericsson. The Screen Actors Guild is also an associate sponsor of the program.

Source : http://www.spike.com/article....program

BlaziusDate: Friday, 28 Oct 2011, 03:44 | Message # 80
Quote (michelangelo)
Eliza Dushku named Entertainment Matters Ambassador for the Entertainment Matters Program at 2012 Consumer Electronic Show. This is much bigger than 5 Gum ambassador in terms of exposition; Summer Glau has more nerd credit than Eliza but Eliza is more skilled than Summer when it comes to make the show.

Actually it was never Summers strong point to make a show and make herself more sellable. She is a super genius actor and and superb artist who becomes godly on stage be it acting or any form of dancing( or fighting scenes). Eliza can sell her image rather well but will never be able to reach Summers proficiency on-stage.

Sadly todays world is such that a bad actor ( generally speaking not referring to Eliza " I think I'm good" smile ) who can make a show and can sell her image worths that much as somebody godly onstage.

FermiDate: Monday, 31 Oct 2011, 15:20 | Message # 81
Theories about Cameron has been moved to its own thread http://summer-glau.com/forum/14-309-1

You can't stop the signal!

FermiDate: Friday, 04 Nov 2011, 23:44 | Message # 82
We had some huge news this week about Summer Glau signing up in the pilot episode for a dog show. Did you know she had previous working experience with dogs on the set?

Here is a picture for you to comment on:

Allison with a dog, Born to run. Do you remember Johns sad face when realizing the girl petting the dog most be a human because dogs will get not along so well with a terminator?
Attachments: 7903733.jpg(63.5 Kb)

You can't stop the signal!

termi-ninja-torDate: Saturday, 05 Nov 2011, 00:26 | Message # 83
I thought that dog looked real big and well groomed and well fed. It looked out of place in a post-Judgment Day tunnel. I would have expected a post-Judgment Day dog to be skinny and a little mangy.

The dog should be sniffing at John or maybe barking at him because he is a stranger. This dog is just sitting down and watching -- that's pretty unusual, too.

Allison has a little smile. I thought the smile was a "I'm OK" or "I feel good" smile, maybe like I would smile to myself after a good dinner. Not a big grin like I would smile to others after a big feast. We almost never saw Cameron with a small smile like that. The closest I can remember was her smile while counting her money after winning at pool at the Broken Atom bar in Automatic for the People, but even that smile was bigger than this one. This smile shows an emotion that Cameron hadn't shown.

Allison does not seem to be smiling at John. She's looking at him but hardly appears to notice his presence, even though everybody else is focused on him. She seems more interested in the dog, since she has squatted down to pet it. This is so sad for John, because he would like her to be Cameron and not only is she obviously not Cameron but she also clearly lacks Cameron's interest in John. His smile of pleasure fades to a look of dismay as he realizes all this.

As the writers must have intended, we are left asking the question of what will be their relationship in the future? Can John be attracted to Allison after loving Cameron? Will Allison respond or just fend him away as he is only another nobody tunnel rat.

I remember from Allison from Palmdale that Allison's personality seemed very different from Cameron's -- much feistier and more outspoken. High strung and hot tempered. If John said or did something that Cameron did not agree with, she might stay quiet and smolder, which one might see as swirls deep in the pools of her big brown eyes. But Allison would probably let loose a string of criticism and maybe deliver a punch in the shoulder. lol

BlaziusDate: Saturday, 05 Nov 2011, 01:21 | Message # 84
Quote (termi-ninja-tor)
As the writers must have intended, we are left asking the question of what will be their relationship in the future? Can John be attracted to Allison after loving Cameron? Will Allison respond or just fend him away as he is only another nobody tunnel rat.

I remember from Allison from Palmdale that Allison's personality seemed very different from Cameron's -- much feistier and more outspoken. High strung and hot tempered. If John said or did something that Cameron did not agree with, she might stay quiet and smolder, which one might see as swirls deep in the pools of her big brown eyes. But Allison would probably let loose a string of criticism and maybe deliver a punch in the shoulder. lol

Thats pretty much how I envisioned Alisons personality too. She is a bit like Skyler IMO. I imagine that one shocking scene would be that John tries to get closer to her, hoping that she shares Camerons interest in him and get confused by their same appearance then Alison says him something rude and/or hits him outright. It'd make for a great conflict and would make John more desperate to find Cameron especially because Alisons appearance constantly reminds him to Cameron. On the other hand Alison would hate him all the time even refusing to speak to him making John thirsting for her presence more.

I don't know why anybody assumed that Alison and him should necessarily be together after Born to Run BTW. A Jameronist thing again I guess.

chrisdvanneDate: Monday, 07 Nov 2011, 11:29 | Message # 85
Although i think a maturing Summer glau is even more beautiful, this draw of a childish, BD-esque Cameron is uber cute.

BlaziusDate: Thursday, 10 Nov 2011, 23:31 | Message # 86
Deadly Honeymoon

Summer as Lindsay Forest from the Deadly Honeymoon wedding scenes. She looks like an angel in these scenes. Everything is perfect, everybody is happy by the start of the movie. Summers white dress and innocent face suggest purity and innocence.

It makes a strong contrast with the rest of the story and Lindsay also shows a strong contrast with her true self showing that its only a false purity concealing the rotten core( same for her husband) . Don't judge a book by its cover as they say.

chrisdvanneDate: Friday, 11 Nov 2011, 00:47 | Message # 87
I have seen only exerpts from that scene and the movie while uploading new videos for the Summer Glau Wiki but the presentation of the characters seemed idyllic indeed; though directors like to put hints about a possible crack in this idyllic picture. I should watch the wedding scene again to be sure.

BlaziusDate: Friday, 11 Nov 2011, 02:10 | Message # 88
Quote (michelangelo)
I have seen only exerpts from that scene and the movie while uploading new videos for the Summer Glau Wiki but the presentation of the characters seemed idyllic indeed; though directors like to put hints about a possible crack in this idyllic picture. I should watch the wedding scene again to be sure.

Its worth a try. People don't like DHM because they think its all too romantic, give me Cameron and all. But in reality I think its a very nice movie for all Summer fans with plot twists and Summers incredible acting enforcing the ambiguity and the strenght of the twists. I say give it a watch if you have free time. I'm sad that we couldn't watch it in the Viewers Club.

My perception of the scene was that it was made too idyllic on purpose like the silence before the storm and thats the foreshadowing but I'm curious if you find something more direct.

chrisdvanneDate: Friday, 11 Nov 2011, 02:35 | Message # 89
Quote (Blazius)
I'm curious if you find something more direct.

There is always an element foreshadowing the tragic events to come in movies; most of the time it's tiny, sometimes a remark made by a secondary character. I should watch it as you said.

termi-ninja-torDate: Friday, 11 Nov 2011, 02:48 | Message # 90
I enjoyed Deadly Honeymoon, and not just because Summer put on a great performance. It is actually an interesting story, well acted and masterfully assembled.

For a few weeks, the entire movie was available for streaming from the Summer Glau Wiki (thanks Fermi) and I streamed it into my computer hooked up to my TV. From my TV, I was able to record a DVD on my DVD recorder, so I now have a disc that I can play anytime. I have played it several times for visitors in my home, and they have all enjoyed it. Unfortunately, the video quality is fairly low, given the nature of the streaming process and my relatively slow internet connection.

Of course, the entire movie is available from Amazon online now, but it costs $10. No doubt the video quality is better than my poor recording. It's worth the cost if you are a true Summer Glau fan!

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Summer Glau » Summer Glau appreciation » Comment that picture of Summer Glau!
Search: