menu
person
Check out the latest additions to our ever expanding GALLERY hosting over 65,000 photos!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Summer Glau » Summer Glau appreciation » Comment that picture of Summer Glau!
Comment that picture of Summer Glau!
Fox012Date: Monday, 24 Oct 2011, 12:26 | Message # 61
Group: Administrators
Thanks for the link but i have the file on my drive =)

well Summer Fits to almost any Role Scifi or not but Mainly Scifi

"I saw the victims of a senseless crime, I was reminded that we don’t know when or where our time on Earth will end. When or where we will breathe our last breath." -- Jessica "Redfield" Ghawi

chrisdvanneDate: Monday, 24 Oct 2011, 12:41 | Message # 62
Quote (Fox012)
Thanks for the link but i have the file on my drive =)

That's not for you, selfish man ( tongue ) that's for the visitors of the Summer Glau Wiki.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

Fox012Date: Monday, 24 Oct 2011, 13:08 | Message # 63
Quote (michelangelo)
That's not for you, selfish man ( ) that's for the visitors of the Summer Glau Wiki.

I´m never Selfish (not even on Summer related Things dry ) tongue and of course it is... biggrin

"I saw the victims of a senseless crime, I was reminded that we don’t know when or where our time on Earth will end. When or where we will breathe our last breath." -- Jessica "Redfield" Ghawi

Message edited by Fox012 - Monday, 24 Oct 2011, 13:09

termi-ninja-torDate: Monday, 24 Oct 2011, 13:34 | Message # 64
Group: Friends
Quote (michelangelo)
Quote (termi-ninja-tor)Here is one of my favorite interviews with Summer. She appears so innocent and open. Truly "genu-wine." I discovered that interview not so long ago and i was surprised i didn't recognize Summer's facial expressions at all; maybe it's due to that fact that she was very young, i don't know. As you said she appear so innocent here that my protective side is afraid someone would abuse of her; i prefer a more mature Summer, maybe not so innocent and naive as she used to be but still 1000% more genuine than every other actresse in Hollywood.

Of course this interview was likely made in 2002 since Firefly started showing in September 2002. With Summer's birthday in July 1981, she must have been 20 or 21 when this was shot, not particularly young. But her style is one of a younger girl -- so innocent and cute.

chrisdvanneDate: Monday, 24 Oct 2011, 14:08 | Message # 65
Quote (termi-ninja-tor)
Of course this interview was likely made in 2002 since Firefly started showing in September 2002. With Summer's birthday in July 1981, she must have been 20 or 21 when this was shot, not particularly young. But her style is one of a younger girl -- so innocent and cute.

Maybe i'm too old for this but i have the feeling that Summer, at the age of 21, was more 'innocent' than current young actresses like Myley cyrrus or Selena Gomez (to me they are walking Britney Spears in the making).

BlaziusDate: Monday, 24 Oct 2011, 19:34 | Message # 66
Quote (michelangelo)
Maybe i'm too old for this but i have the feeling that Summer, at the age of 21, was more 'innocent' than current young actresses like Myley cyrrus or Selena Gomez (to me they are walking Britney Spears in the making).

She's more innocent than them even now a decade later in my opinion.

Quote (michelangelo)
As you said she appear so innocent here that my protective side is afraid someone would abuse of her; i prefer a more mature Summer, maybe not so innocent and naive as she used to be but still 1000% more genuine than every other actresse in Hollywood.

Which is exactly why I'm so angry to Whedon. What I see is that Summer may be a bit too naive and letting that bastard praying on her, like casting her in Dollhouse to boost ratings suddenly because the ship was sinking( using her fame from Terminator so he is even praying on Friedman and his team indirectly and TSCC > Whedons shows in my opinion, sorry browncoats) and then throwing her away when she is not needed.

Whedon is clever and Summer is a bit too naive especially if its about him.

Whedon should just leave her alone if he don't want to help her. And she doesn't need another role in his cheap film which he just threw to Nathan and "Topher" so they will still worship him. Summer doesn't have the time for this. If she wants just a job she does the 5 gum thing or joins Alphas.

She needed a friends help to overcome the bias against older actresses in blockbusters, Whedon didn't help her and now he is not needed. Sad thing is I don't even know Summer has a chance now to become A-list( certainly not as much as with Whedons help).

Summer Glau is so awesome, it isn't even funny!
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne!

chrisdvanneDate: Monday, 24 Oct 2011, 20:05 | Message # 67
Quote (Blazius)
She's more innocent than them even now a decade later in my opinion.

I would not use the word 'innocent' because Summer knows how Hollywood works by now but i share your view.

Though i don't understand your bias against Whedon. There is little we know about their relationship and even less about their professional relationship. What you describe as using her to boost Dollhouse ratings could also be interpreted as him giving Summer an extra-line on her C.V. Similarly, what you describe as a way to force Nathan and 'Topher' to worship him can be interpreted as the proof Whedon has not forgotten the people he worked with.

Quote (Blazius)
She needed a friends help to overcome the bias against older actresses in blockbusters, Whedon didn't help her and now he is not needed. Sad thing is I don't even know Summer has a chance now to become A-list( certainly not as much as with Whedons help).

How do we know he didn't help her and how could he have achieved this before The Avengers?

To be correct, Hollywood's bias is against older actresses but also against inexperienced ones in blockbuster. In this regard, Olivia Wilde managed to overcome this bias (no idea how) so that it's very interesting for me as an observer to follow her career.

I want to remain optimistic about Summer's career.

Message edited by michelangelo - Monday, 24 Oct 2011, 20:05

BlaziusDate: Monday, 24 Oct 2011, 22:54 | Message # 68
Quote (michelangelo)
To be correct, Hollywood's bias is against older actresses but also against inexperienced ones in blockbuster. In this regard, Olivia Wilde managed to overcome this bias (no idea how) so that it's very interesting for me as an observer to follow her career.

I don't follow Wilde so you tell me. Maybe she had a friend who helped her who Summer doesn't possess it seems.

Quote (michelangelo)
Though i don't understand your bias against Whedon. There is little we know about their relationship and even less about their professional relationship. What you describe as using her to boost Dollhouse ratings could also be interpreted as him giving Summer an extra-line on her C.V. Similarly, what you describe as a way to force Nathan and 'Topher' to worship him can be interpreted as the proof Whedon has not forgotten the people he worked with.

He is making a successful movie. Summer is not in it. Thats all I need to know about their relationship, and it proves rather my theory than the alternative so far. If I'm proved wrong I'd be willing to file an apology to Whedon. But I don't like what I see so far.

FordStaffDate: Monday, 24 Oct 2011, 23:56 | Message # 69
He is making a successful movie. Summer is not in it. Thats all I need to know about their relationship, and it proves rather my theory than the alternative so far.

Your theory is not proven by one single movie, we are not in the know of the situation and circumstances of their relationship. The way your sounding in your posts on Joss, the only way for you to be satisfied is for Joss Whedon to not only cast Summer in everything he does, but he also has to insure that when he does cast her the project will be successful. Those standards will be quite impossible to satisfy.

Keep Flying - Not much, but it's enough.

Message edited by FordStaff - Monday, 24 Oct 2011, 23:59

BlaziusDate: Thursday, 27 Oct 2011, 00:11 | Message # 70

Summer during her recent MTV interview at New York Comic Con.

I don't exactly know what kind of impression is this (other than super adorable). We know that the interviewer wasn't exactly a genius so maybe Summer was frustrated and maybe if she is frustrated she does an extreme Cameronish headtilt but I'm not sure. Opinions?

reiverDate: Thursday, 27 Oct 2011, 00:58 | Message # 71
Quote (Blazius)
maybe Summer was frustrated and maybe if she is frustrated she does an extreme Cameronish headtilt but I'm not sure.

i agree with that....

i think she is ready to kick his a....!!!!!! biggrin

i'm blind not deaf - IllidaN

chrisdvanneDate: Thursday, 27 Oct 2011, 01:11 | Message # 72
I'm not an expert but i watched the extract that screenshot is from (end of the first video on the news : MTV interviews Summer Glau NYCC 2011) and i think Summer's physical expressions reveal what she really mean, more than what she says at this precise moment, and sometimes it contradicts what she says.

To illustrate my observations, i will quote what Summer says and upload a screenshot of her, showing her expression, at the very moment she says it.

Quote (Summer)
When you sign on to play the game, you become a test subject and you test your senses.

Summer has two revealing expressions while saying this; first she twists her mouth then she tilts her head on the right with a pout (hence the funny pout). This clearly shows she doubts what she's saying and she expresses it by pouting as a sign of disbelief and tilts her head to the right, trying to evaluate if the interviewer is convinced, knowing she's not herself.

Dumbass : What website again?
Summer : survivalcode.com

When Summer quote the name of the website, she also tilts her head but to the left this time, which is a sign of seduction, especially by women (men don't do that); this is confirmed by the accompagnying smile. Indeed, Summer plays her role by inviting people, including the audience and the interviewer, to visit survivalcode.com, therefore she uses her charms.

Message edited by michelangelo - Thursday, 27 Oct 2011, 01:25

BlaziusDate: Thursday, 27 Oct 2011, 01:14 | Message # 73
Quote (reiver)
i agree with that....

i think she is ready to kick his a....!!!!!!

Yeah, maybe he was only spared because he also got an iphone case form Nathan biggrin .

BTW its interesting that Summer does the headtilting in real life too, I figured she only does it during playing Cameron. I tell you its fairly addictive, even two weeks after I finished TSCC I found myself doing the same when I was frustrated wacko

BlaziusDate: Thursday, 27 Oct 2011, 01:37 | Message # 74
Quote (michelangelo)
'm not an expert but i watched the extract that screenshot is from (end of the first video on the news : MTV interviews Summer Glau NYCC 2011) and i think Summer's physical expressions reveal what she really mean, more than what she says at this precise moment, and sometimes it contradicts what she says.

To illustrate my observations, i will quote what Summer says and upload a screenshot of her, showing her expression, at the very moment she says it.

Quote (Summer)
When you sign on to play the game, you become a test subject and you test your senses.

Summer has two revealing expressions while saying this; first she twists her mouth then she tilts her head on the right with a pout (hence the funny pout). This clearly shows she doubts what she's saying and she expresses it by pouting as a sign of disbelief and tilts her head to the right, trying to evaluate if the interviewer is convinced, knowing she's not herself.

Good observations, while Summer became arguably less shy during interviews she possibly still can't put on a poker face and say with straight face something which she is not entirely sure about.

I think your interpretation is very close to the truth, the mouth twisting is a very revealing sign too.

Quote (michelangelo)
When Summer quote the name of the website, she also tilts her head but to the left this time, which is a sign of seduction, especially by women (men don't do that); this is confirmed by the accompagnying smile. Indeed, Summer plays her role by inciting people, including the audience and the interviewer, to visit survivalcode.com, therefore she uses her charms.

Well, she has a lot of charm to use and she is willing to do that now it seems.

BTW I think the Cameron tilt is not the seduction tilt but this particular one you mention is.

chrisdvanneDate: Thursday, 27 Oct 2011, 14:23 | Message # 75
Quote (Blazius)
Good observations, while Summer became arguably less shy during interviews she possibly still can't put on a poker face and say with straight face something which she is not entirely sure about.

Given there is marketing considerations at stake, there is a 5 Gum's representative standing next to Summer. Summer is constantely turning her head to the left where he/she stands , looking for her/his approval; this was particularly blatant when the dumbass said Summer spoiled something and Summer answered "i think i'm good" but her body language says otherwise at 1:18 of 2nd video (turning head and crossing fingers, see screenshot below).

Message edited by michelangelo - Thursday, 27 Oct 2011, 14:24

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Summer Glau » Summer Glau appreciation » Comment that picture of Summer Glau!
Search: