menu
person
Welcome to summer-glau.com, your fan source for all things Summer on the web. Browse around the site and visit our growing GALLERY housing over 65,000 photos. Don’t forget to follow us on Twitter and Facebook and be sure to visit the site again!
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Summer Glau » Summer Glau appreciation » Comment that picture of Summer Glau!
Comment that picture of Summer Glau!
chrisdvanne_Date: Wednesday, 05 Oct 2011, 02:36 | Message # 31
Group: Administrators
Side note about that pic from TSCC : kaotic2 was looking for a HD version of that pic (for a wallpaper) but he couldn't find one on the fansites or anywhere else and asked me if the Summer Glau Wiki had ones; this was not the case at the time so i provided him a few HD 1080p screencaps from my personal files. Shortly after that, Fermi uploaded TSCC season 1 HD 1080p screencaps in the gallery .

Indeed, this picture highlights Summer's delicate facial features and porcelaine skin. Her leather jacket is similar to the ones she wore at Attack of the Show, though she had leather boots in TSCC.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

termi-ninja-torDate: Wednesday, 05 Oct 2011, 02:46 | Message # 32
Group: Friends
Quote (michelangelo)
Side note about that pic from TSCC : kaotic2 was looking for a HD version of that pic (for a wallpaper) but he couldn't find one on the fansites or anywhere else and asked me if the Summer Glau Wiki had ones; this was not the case at the time so i provided him a few HD 1080p screencaps from my personal files. Shortly after that, Fermi uploaded TSCC season 1 HD 1080p screencaps in the gallery .

Really? It was nice of you to be so helpful.

By the way, there is another pretty good quality rendition of this image at summer-glau.net:

http://www.summer-glau.net/gallery....y_media

It might be fairly recent also?

Message edited by termi-ninja-tor - Wednesday, 05 Oct 2011, 05:19

chrisdvanne_Date: Wednesday, 05 Oct 2011, 08:41 | Message # 33
Quote (termi-ninja-tor)
Really? It was nice of you to be so helpful.

The Summer Glau Wiki is not only a news website; Fermi is trying to build a community where anyone can share his opinion or stuff like pics and videos. Creative initiatives like articles, fanart, Wiki Calendar are encouraged. When kaotic2 contacted me on tweeter, trying to help was part of that process. Besides, as i told him, we may have our differences but TSCC fans are a family.

Quote (termi-ninja-tor)
By the way, there is another pretty good quality rendition of this image at summer-glau.net:

Precisely, the images available online were not in a resolution high enough for a wallpaper.

You might be interested by that thread where fans had some fun talking girly : How to dress like Cameron in TSCC?

termi-ninja-torDate: Thursday, 06 Oct 2011, 07:42 | Message # 34
Quote (michelangelo)
You might be interested by that thread where fans had some fun talking girly : How to dress like Cameron in TSCC?

Quote (Charley_Dixon)
I'd also like to see Termi's comments. He should remember many threads from the red wiki on this topic.

Better late than never, I'd like to share a couple of pages from the Red Wiki. First is a conversation between trigger_happy14 and Dr. Allison Cameron about clothing in TSCC. (There is some other talk about PC problems scattered in there.)

http://www.sarahconnorfans.com/thread....ults=15

One of the other members, cp442, was also interested in clothing, and he created a page titled "Cameron's Closet" with a selection of clothes and accessories that he thought would be attractive for Cameron. These items reflected more his own taste rather than the types of styles that Cameron actually wore in TSCC.

http://www.sarahconnorfans.com/page/Cameron%27s+Closet

In contrast to the well-laid out analyses that graced michelangelo's thread "How to dress like Cameron from TSCC?" these two pages reflect more the fashion preferences of the Red Wiki members who participated.

chrisdvanne_Date: Thursday, 06 Oct 2011, 10:08 | Message # 35
Quote (termi-ninja-tor)
First is a conversation between trigger_happy14 and Dr. Allison Cameron about clothing in TSCC.

Here is an extract :
Dr._Allison_Cameron
47. RE: The ANTI-SHIPPER WARS Thread/Club
Jan 30 2009, 7:58 AM EST
I found this neat web page where you can dress a cartoon of Summer with clothes from a wardrobe assortment. Just click and drag the clothes off their hanger and drop them on the cartoon of Summer. It's cute!
http://www.stardoll.com/en/dolls.php?id=377

Caesis
48. RE: The ANTI-SHIPPER WARS Thread/Club
Jan 30 2009, 8:09 AM EST
It doesn't look like summer though lol.

My sisters (13 and 17) play that game. They clicked some crap on it and gave my good computer the bluescreen. I hate that site -.-

I had already visited the site Dr._Allison_Cameron is mentioning but as Caesis said, it's better suited for young girls; if i bemoan the fact that not enough girls post on the Summer Glau Wiki, my preferences goes to a higher level of dedication than just play with a virtual doll portraying Summer or Cameron.

But i don't intellectualize everything though : i try to offer deep analysis like michelangelo deciphers Firefly promo pictures but also lighter threads like this one.

Side note : How to dress like Cameron from TSCC? thread was supposed to be fun and we mostly speak about colored bras that Cameron like to wear
love

chrisdvanne_Date: Thursday, 06 Oct 2011, 10:33 | Message # 36
Quote (termi-ninja-tor)
One of the other members, cp442, was also interested in clothing, and he created a page titled "Cameron's Closet" with a selection of clothes and accessories that he thought would be attractive for Cameron. These items reflected more his own taste rather than the types of styles that Cameron actually wore in TSCC.

http://www.sarahconnorfans.com/page/Cameron%27s+Closet

To say the least.
I'm not sure wearing fancy and expensive high-heeled boots is the best way to fight another terminator wacko

Gucci Division Over-the-Knee (OTK) Boots, $2950
Gucci Over-the-Knee Boots

Though i must say i find these kind of clothes highly sexy ever since i saw Diana Rigg as Emma Peel dressed up as 'The Queen of Sin' in The Avengers (and i didn't watched the episode live, i'm not THAT old).

Click on image for bigger size
Emma Peel sexy emma peel sexy

Message edited by michelangelo - Thursday, 06 Oct 2011, 10:48

termi-ninja-torDate: Thursday, 06 Oct 2011, 17:13 | Message # 37
Quote (michelangelo)
I'm not sure wearing fancy and expensive high-heeled boots is the best way to fight another terminator

True, but it might be more effective against humans, especially the long heel which can be a weapon. And she might also attach spurs for added effectiveness during interrogations. (heh)

The disadvantages to balance and posture and to muscle strain for women might not be significant for a microprocessor guided terminator with electric and/or hydraulic movement technology.

Message edited by termi-ninja-tor - Thursday, 06 Oct 2011, 17:15

BlaziusDate: Thursday, 06 Oct 2011, 19:05 | Message # 38
Quote (termi-ninja-tor)
True, but it might be more effective against humans, especially the long heel which can be a weapon. And she might also attach spurs for added effectiveness during interrogations. (heh)

The disadvantages to balance and posture and to muscle strain for women might not be significant for a microprocessor guided terminator with electric and/or hydraulic movement technology.

I don't know. Cameron was already so effective against humans especially in melee that she was overkill. And against terminators high heels mean nothing. I could only imagine her wearing such for decorative purposes but I don't think its her style.

Its more like Orwells thing than Camerons I think( its also true to the other clothes in that thread IMO)

Cameron had sexy, fashionable but practical and not too extravagant wardrobe and I liked it very much. I think Summer should stick more with this style, it fitted her very well.

Summer Glau is so awesome, it isn't even funny!
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne!

chrisdvanne_Date: Friday, 07 Oct 2011, 00:06 | Message # 39
High heels can be a deadly weapon, like in the fight between Rosie and Cameron in TSCC s02ep06 'The Tower is Tall but The Fall is Short'.

The exact shot of cameron sticking Rose's heel in her eye is at 4:36 of this video : TSCC S2 DVD Extra Cameron Vs.Rosie Fight Rehearsal

BlaziusDate: Friday, 07 Oct 2011, 01:30 | Message # 40
Its questionable how many damage that move caused. Poked out her eye at best but we saw in Gnothi Seauton that Cromarties body could kill and navigate in the junkyard eyeless even headless.

Rosie couldn't even move by the time of the heel attack and the finishing blow was when Cam snapped her neck and probably the removal of her chip afterwards( with the magic knife most likely) not the heel.

And terminator vs terminator tactics rather consist of applying brute force to the chassis of the enemy terminator either to crack it open or bend the metal and damaging the joints.

They rarely use cutting or slicing melee weapons. Besides I have doubts that if bullets cannot penetrate the coltan alloy then the heel could. It'd just snap unless if its a special boot designed for Cameron.

Now if it'd be Orwell using a weapon like that. I secretly wished they would come up with a similar gadget for her so Summer could fight again but whatever.

Off topic:

I noticed that the footage is from the season 2 DVD features. In my own DVD there should be an option to hear audio commentaries with Summer during Alison from Palmdale but it doesn't work for me for some reason. So anybody knows how I could hear or read them without the DVD? Or anybody knows if she says something new or interesting which wasn't covered in interviews?

chrisdvanne_Date: Friday, 07 Oct 2011, 01:47 | Message # 41
Quote (michelangelo)
High heels can be a deadly weapon, like in the fight between Rosie and Cameron in TSCC s02ep06 'The Tower is Tall but The Fall is Short'.

It was more an ironic remark and an excuse to include that video than an accurate statement actually. It seems TSCC writers paid a particular attention to that fight and wanted to make it look unique, hence the use of the high heel; but that move was not fatal, even it was presented that way in the scene.

It looks it worked for the audience though, or at least for the Wiki members if we take a look et the results of the following poll : What was the best Cameron fighting scene in TSCC?

BlaziusDate: Friday, 07 Oct 2011, 01:59 | Message # 42
It looked cool for sure! I watched it again and again in my first watch and rewatches. Seeing Cameron single handedly making scrap metal of another terminator never gets old( I expected her to do the same to Cromartie too but that'd conflict with the John Henry story line I guess)

FermiDate: Sunday, 09 Oct 2011, 03:51 | Message # 43
Quote (Blazius)

Off topic:

I noticed that the footage is from the season 2 DVD features. In my own DVD there should be an option to hear audio commentaries with Summer during Alison from Palmdale but it doesn't work for me for some reason. So anybody knows how I could hear or read them without the DVD? Or anybody knows if she says something new or interesting which wasn't covered in interviews?

This topic have been moved to its own thread here : http://summer-glau.com/forum/14-287-1

You can't stop the signal!

BlaziusDate: Sunday, 09 Oct 2011, 04:00 | Message # 44
Summer Glau

I think this is another marvelous Summer shot from Desert Cantos( with her super jacket) . Her expression is serious, and she looks very very strong, even intimidating if we pull it out of context. Its another shot when I perfectly envision Summer as a super badass villain.

Imagine if she wearing a black armor or some kind of nano suit on that picture! Darth Vader or Sauron would be a joke compared to her if she got the chance to play a villain!

Quote (Fermi)
This topic have been moved to its own thread here : http://summer-glau.com/forum/14-287-1

Thanks, Fermi!

Message edited by Blazius - Sunday, 09 Oct 2011, 04:03

chrisdvanne_Date: Monday, 10 Oct 2011, 01:04 | Message # 45
Quote (Blazius)
I think this is another marvelous Summer shot from Desert Cantos( with her super jacket)

Reminder : references (brand and pics) to the leather jacket can be found in the How to dress like Cameron from TSCC? thread.

First let me tell you i find Summer Glau very cute in this episode : i like her badass-looking clothing, her classic but not too accentuated make-up and her wavy long hairs. No wonder kaotic2 used one of these shots as avatar and wallpaper (see http://summer-glau.com/forum/4-260-7723-16-1317773745 and later posts).

And now a little analysis of Cameron in this episode :
Cameron was not at the center of the plots of 'Desert Cantos' (it was Sarah and John) but each of her lines in the episode was a step further of her trying to understand the human behaviours and soul (line extract taken from 'Desert Cantos' transcript http://summer-glau.com/index/transcript/0-181 ) and when she was not talking, she was listening, observing people thus giving decisive clues to the Connors team (click on images for bigger size) :

"Cameron: Native Americans believe that when their pictures are taken their souls are stolen and locked in the photograph forever.
Derek : I think you're safe."

Terminator : The Sarah Connor Chronicles Cameron Desert Cantos

"Cameron: Zoe's not in love with you.
Henry: What?
Cameron: She doesn't love you the way you love her."

"John: Maybe it's the water.
Cameron: You'd think people would've picked up on that."

"Cameron (talking about Zoe at the funerals) : She's not crying."

"Cameron: She hasn't looked at her father's picture since we've been here. Not once. Neither has her mother.
Derek: Yeah. And?
Cameron: If you had a photo of Kyle Reese, you'd look at it, wouldn't you? Maybe there's something I don't understand."

"Cameron: Look at this. I pulled this from the archives."

Conclusion :
It's true that Cameron looked seriously badass in this episode but she was rather acting like Sherlock Holmes, observing and anlysing peoples behaviours; Camerons was the one who guessed Zoe's father was not dead and also the one who unearthed the video accusing him. Not bad for a killing machine!

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Summer Glau » Summer Glau appreciation » Comment that picture of Summer Glau!
Search: