[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
Page 2 of 2«12
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Summer Glau » Summer Glau appreciation » Why i have faith in Summer Glau.
Why i have faith in Summer Glau.
chrisdvanneDate: Sunday, 03 Jul 2011, 17:33 | Message # 16
Group: Administrators
It's much more enjoyable to have someone commenting and constructively criticizing than writing for yourself with no feedback; this is why i encourage lurkers to become posters.
The Wiki has gained quite a lot of viewers since one month, this is encouraging; especially if you consider Summer has no regular news like when you're on a weekly tv show.

You can also find me on Twitter, Facebook, Tumblr or Youtube

BlaziusDate: Sunday, 03 Jul 2011, 18:00 | Message # 17
Group: Friends
Quote (michelangelo)
The Wiki has gained quite a lot of viewers since one month, this is encouraging; especially if you consider Summer has no regular news like when you're on a weekly tv show.

Thats quite a feat especially considering the circumstances. Thats why I commented earlier that we would need some kind of input from Summer herself in some format. Basically the fans are keeping her fame intact as possible artifically which will become more tougher as time passes since her last input. Converting fans is even more harder now,and only really works if somebody discovers her work accidentally by himself/herself. We are basically running by "reliving our glorious past". To remain on-topic I have faith in Summer that she will do something great eventually but the sooner she does that the better she can exploit that(not that I want her to rush her work). Not that we are not doing well but we would do even more better that way.

Summer Glau is so awesome, it isn't even funny!
Blood for the Blood God! Skulls for the Skull Throne!

chrisdvanneDate: Sunday, 03 Jul 2011, 18:05 | Message # 18
Quote (michelangelo)

Let's focus on the content of the wiki on a first step.

Message edited by michelangelo - Monday, 04 Jul 2011, 16:15

BlaziusDate: Sunday, 03 Jul 2011, 18:22 | Message # 19
Yeah, I bet there are other factors too, like your promoting of the page because it would sound a little weird if we were more interesting than the news about Calgary Expo!

BTW where do you check the number of the visitors? I'm just curious.

chrisdvanneDate: Sunday, 03 Jul 2011, 18:52 | Message # 20
Quote (Blazius)
We are basically running by "reliving our glorious past".

This is why the wiki is open to shows or actors not directly related to Summer Glau; members can come here and talk about what they like in a friendly environment; if it were not (friendly) they would not come. Though i think a "reasonable" proportion should be respected.
This is also why i suggested to follow a new serie like ALPHAS because i think it offers a lot of synergies. Syfy upcoming action serie "ALPHAS"

GraniteDate: Sunday, 03 Jul 2011, 19:21 | Message # 21
@Blazius

" It's just an object. It doesn't mean what you think... "

" Pain ... It is the healing, purifying scalpel of our souls " - Warhammer 40000 universe.

Message edited by Granite - Sunday, 03 Jul 2011, 19:23

chrisdvanneDate: Friday, 08 Jul 2011, 11:48 | Message # 22
Just in case you were wondering; the fact that The Cape had many flaws and was prematurily cancelled does not questions Summer Glau's future carreer.
The cancellation of a show, even more scifi, is not exceptional (more it tends to be the rule); this is the way networks deals with tv shows. It may be different for movies and when a lead actor registers several flops in a raw, he is not on the bankable actors's list anymore.

Anyway, Jason Ritter, former lead actor on the heavily criticized "The Event", will reprise its role on "Parenthood" (NBC). More, Ritter has been offered the lead role on an upcoming serie mastered by "Parenthood" and "Friday Night Light"s boss Jason Katims, according to tvline.com.

The same was true for Josh Friedman, whose pilot "Lock & Key" for Fox was not picked up but Friedman has been offered a three years deal by Fox to develop new projects.

BlaziusDate: Friday, 08 Jul 2011, 14:42 | Message # 23
Its good to hear that the producers don't believe in curses like the stupid Glau-hater journalists!

chrisdvanneDate: Friday, 08 Jul 2011, 16:12 | Message # 24
The reason Summer has not landed on a show this Fall is in all likelihood caused by an inefficient talent agency and/or Summer herself turning down what she was offered.
The fact that she "was thinking to take" the job in Toronto means she is not forced to take whatever gig studios can offer her. If the genre or the production values don't fit her, she' still in a position to decline a job offer. I hope it won't last too long though.

On a side note, you'll notice that Summer next job might be on ALPHAS, broadcasted by Syfy, which is a sub-branch of NBC (like The Cape). Similarly, Jason Ritter got gig whitin NBC while Josh Friedman got gig within Fox.

REGDate: Sunday, 29 Apr 2012, 09:54 | Message # 25
Quote (Granite)
PS - OMG 561 views this thread o_O

Quote (Blazius)
I'm also happy to see that we can attract more and more visitors. You can never have enough visitors!

Quote (chrisdvanne)
Don't be fooled, i've made what was necessary to promote this article outside the wiki and attract new viewers but these are one shot viewers; what i want is more viewers on the long term. The only way to achieve this is to have more interesting, more original content and present it in a convenient and enjoyable layout.
This is a lot of work and this is why i keep suggesting improvements. All the active members participate to the process.

Quote (Blazius)
I just want to say to every member that don't be discouraged if the visitor ratings are not particularly high, you are doing a fantastic job!

i am a forum addict from way back. i think i started lurking around on forums back at the start of 2002. when i found this wiki/website/forum about a week ago i have been coming back every day. there is so much good information and media on here that i find it hard to leave. and i don't want to either. it is my favorite forum to hang out on. back in the early 2000s there weren't really that many dedicated Summer websites (or at least i couldn't find any worthwhile). but this site is the best one i have come across in a long time that is well designed and has an active community.
i hope it will continue for a long time to come. you have my support always. smile

Quote (chrisdvanne)
On a side note, you'll notice that Summer next job might be on ALPHAS, broadcasted by Syfy, which is a sub-branch of NBC (like The Cape).

i found out about The Cape, Alphas and Chuck at Supanova at the Summer Glau panel. i also found out about her appearance on Grey's Anatomy and The 4400. though i only have a vague memory of that show. i don't remember Summer on there, i will have to re-watch the series sometime.
anyway to my point. i am going to be looking back at Summer's roles and characters on the shows i mentioned and also the movies she has done. i am not a new fan by any means. i have been a fan since i saw her on Firefly/Serenity and perhaps on the Angel episode Waiting in the Wings. i didn't know of her before this. but i feel like i owe it to myself and to Summer that i see her full body of work.

Quote (chrisdvanne)
I suppose many of you knows Joss Whedon's work and you know that he is known for portaying strong female characters; but usually Whedon's show tells the journey of such characters from normal persons to extraordinary persons.

yes i have been a fan of Joss's work since the days of Buffy the Vampire Slayer. and when he made the spin off Angel i was really excited that another vampire show was on tv. not just because it had vampires but because it was set in a more dark and gritty world.
i have noticed as i am sure many of you have that Joss re-uses actors from his previous shows. which i think is a good choice since it means he doesn't have to scout for unknowns. and also because the actors he has worked with before are familiar with each other and feel comfortable working with each other. and they have good chemistry. this is most apparent on Firefly/Serenity.

No power in the 'verse can stop me.

Message edited by REG - Sunday, 29 Apr 2012, 10:15

chrisdvanneDate: Sunday, 29 Apr 2012, 15:35 | Message # 26
Quote (REG)
when i found this wiki/website/forum about a week ago i have been coming back every day. there is so much good information and media on here that i find it hard to leave. and i don't want to either. it is my favorite forum to hang out on. back in the early 2000s there weren't really that many dedicated Summer websites (or at least i couldn't find any worthwhile). but this site is the best one i have come across in a long time that is well designed and has an active community.
i hope it will continue for a long time to come. you have my support always.

Thanks Richard! I wrote this messages a while ago and the number of visitors is always growing since, whereas Summer is not on tv on a regular basis; i take that as a proof that the Summer Glau Wiki offers interesting content and opportunities to exchange views with other fans.
Here the progression in terms of visitors for one year :

chrisdvanneDate: Monday, 06 May 2013, 20:25 | Message # 27
Yes, I have faith in Summer Glau and I am confident she'll find a successfull role in the years to come.

And no matter what writers may say about role they wrote with "a young Summer Glau" in mind. Why would you hire an imitation when you could have the real one?

For those who asked, this is how I pictured Vane and Audra when I wrote LET THE SKY FALL. Vane reminds me of a young Chris Pine and Audra reminds me of a young Summer Glau.

chrisdvanneDate: Wednesday, 08 May 2013, 07:52 | Message # 28
Must-read article about Summer Glau that some of you may have missed:

SUMMER GLAU IN SCIENCE FICTION by robertappleton, 4 July 2012

Thwarted not once, but twice in the middle of fascinating character arcs on science fiction TV shows, Summer Glau remains a should be/would be superstar. Her portrayal of the psychologically damaged child prodigy River Tam in Joss Whedon’s Firefly (and Serenity) chills, touches, and ultimately explodes in balletic, kick-ass style. The writing hints and teases throughout the clipped series, sparking moments of intense vulnerability against WTF just happened crazy action beats. We want to throw an arm around her to keep her safe, but we’re not too sure what she’s gonna do with it. Like a wounded jaguar, she’s lithe and needy and liable to tear you to shreds without warning.

Read full article at Contact Infinite Futures

Firefly Promotional photos
Watch more Firefly promo photo in the Gallery.

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Summer Glau » Summer Glau appreciation » Why i have faith in Summer Glau.
Page 2 of 2«12
Search: