menu
person
[ New messages · Members · Forum rules · Search · RSS ]
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Summer-Glau.com Forum » Summer Glau » Summer Glau appreciation » Does Summer disaprove that fans posting ballerina pics?
Does Summer disaprove that fans posting ballerina pics?
Chief Post # 1 | Wednesday, 09 Feb 2011 - 22:22
Group: Users
It's not my intention to start any drama, I'm just curious if Summer would want these videos uploaded. I mention it because I know it was mentioned before that she didn't want any photos from her pre-acting days posted, and I know S-G.net uploaded a photo of her and other dancers from an award ceremony from 2001, and it was quickly taken down.

"It didn't seem like much of a threat. We're not built to be cruel."

Fermi Post # 2 | Wednesday, 09 Feb 2011 - 23:32
Group: Administrators
Quote (Chief)
It's not my intention to start any drama, I'm just curious if Summer would want these videos uploaded. I mention it because I know it was mentioned before that she didn't want any photos from her pre-acting days posted, and I know S-G.net uploaded a photo of her and other dancers from an award ceremony from 2001, and it was quickly taken down.

Maybe those where removed because of copyright claims. I would remove pictures if someone makes such claims.

There would not be any logical reason Summer her self would object against fans posting content from her ballerina dancing days that is something to be proud of.

It is not against the rules of this wiki to post photos from her pre-acting days. Posting private photos is against the rules.

You can't stop the signal!

Chief Post # 3 | Wednesday, 09 Feb 2011 - 23:59
I don't believe it was a copyright issue. Unfortunately, it looks like Cristelle edited her original comment, but you can read the responses. Summer apparently requested that the photo not be posted, but since other websites had posted it, Cristelle decided to post it on S-G.net. However, it was promptly removed.

http://www.summer-glau.net/wp/?p=2171

The folder is still in the gallery, but the actual picture is gone: http://www.summer-glau.net/gallery/index.php?cat=99

And it looks like other ballerina pictures were posted and then removes: http://www.summer-glau.net/wp/?p=1095

Of course, if you don't have any issue, then I don't. It's your site, and I'll go along with whatever you say. smile I just thought I'd mention it.

Fermi Post # 4 | Thursday, 10 Feb 2011 - 02:57
There where four pictures redcon found when he was lurking /tv/. I went back to the tsccwiki and looked for them and found three
Before Acting - Summer Glau Chronicles

1997 San Antonio dancers showcase

The other picture that was deleted from SG.net can be found here http://www.mysanantonio.com/default....825.php with help of google

It was first posted at summerglauweb, but they also deleted the picture.
Cristelle did not mention anything in her post why Summer would have made such strange request and then edited her post with no explanation and deleted all pictures.

There is nothing wrong in posting those pictures and nobody requested that the photos should not be posted here.

This and the video is everything I could find from Summer pre acting days

Chief Post # 5 | Thursday, 10 Feb 2011 - 05:35
I wouldn't call the request strange. Summer has a right to request that this material not be posted. It's her life, not ours.

It's your site, and if you want to post this stuff that's your prerogative. I just thought I'd mention it.

I'm going to choose not to view this stuff. I spoke with a friend to make sure I wasn't overreacting, and he agreed with me. To me, looking at old videos and pictures of Summer is a little too familiar. When she was a dancer in San Antonio, none of us knew her. She wasn't a celebrity. Looking at this stuff feels like I'd be prying into her personal life, especially the pictures of her when she was 16. I'm neither a family member nor a friend. I'm a fan. And I'd rather not cross that line.

Message edited by Chief - Thursday, 10 Feb 2011, 05:35

Devo Post # 6 | Thursday, 10 Feb 2011 - 10:09
Group: Friends
Redcon didn't find them, /tv/ did. And there are like 6 of them. He pulled them from /tv/. I was there the day Anonymous found them.

Also, Cristelle is off her rocker. Half the time I doubt Summer says anything, yet her posting then taking them down caused more controversy than if she had just left them up... like speculation as to why they were taken down. She posted them because she didn't want to be one-upped by another site.

SG.net was also attacked because Norman steals pics from other sites, removes the tags, then retags them with SG.net tags. Without giving any credit. Cristelle also raised money from the community, bought a bunch of UHQ's, put her tags on them, then managed to lose some of the original files so the thumbnails are all that remain.

She also takes donations and the site is run on free hosting.

Just sayin, the chick is a bit loony.

Fermi Post # 7 | Thursday, 10 Feb 2011 - 16:51
Quote (Devo)
She also takes donations and the site is run on free hosting.

I don’t think SG.net makes so much money from donations.
One can donate money to Summer Glau Wiki too, just use the red heart on the widget at bottom of each page. I seriously doubt anyone would donate if some one does it will be invested in Ucoz upgrades.
This site has free host but have a low domain cost that will be financed by Google advertising. Income from Amazon. Will go to future competitions, but we have so far zero sells.
This thread gone very offtopic how the other fan sites works or is financed is irrelevant for us.

Quote (Devo)
Redcon didn't find them, /tv/ did.

I've corrected my post, now

Fermi Post # 8 | Thursday, 10 Feb 2011 - 19:17
Quote (Chief)
I wouldn't call the request strange. Summer has a right to request that this material not be posted. It's her life, not ours.

It's your site, and if you want to post this stuff that's your prerogative. I just thought I'd mention it.

I'm going to choose not to view this stuff. I spoke with a friend to make sure I wasn't overreacting, and he agreed with me. To me, looking at old videos and pictures of Summer is a little too familiar. When she was a dancer in San Antonio, none of us knew her. She wasn't a celebrity. Looking at this stuff feels like I'd be prying into her personal life, especially the pictures of her when she was 16. I'm neither a family member nor a friend. I'm a fan. And I'd rather not cross that line.

Cristelle removed her statement that Summer would have requested those things by editing her post .
Both you and your friend is overacting Summer was a professional ballerina those pictures and video are from those performances not her private life, but of course you can choose to look at whatever pictures you want.

Charley_Dixon Post # 9 | Friday, 11 Feb 2011 - 03:30
Ok, as far as we are not able to figure out the real reason why those photos were removed from SG.net I think we are free to do whatever we want.

Edit: Thank you Chief for raising our awareness, but all we have so far are just someone's guesses.

Cameron: My brother says if you want to be good at anything, you have to practice every day.

Fermi Post # 10 | Friday, 11 Feb 2011 - 16:00
Now I get worried that chief stop coming here because he thinks we are going against Summers wishes

I did not do anything wrong. I made a page tribute about Summer Glau’s ballerina days, which I know she is proud of. She mentions this in several interviews.

All I know is that Summerglauweb made a blog post about a rare discovery an old picture of Summer Glau from her ballerina days.
Summer-Glau.net made a post about the same picture a couple of hour’s later saying that they had the picture all along, but Summer has requested that they should not post it. That post was later edited the pictures and their statement that Summer had requested those things where removed.

One can just have speculations what this is about. Summer Glau Wiki has nothing to do with this, but I don't have anything better to do I can start asking questions.

KrelleK Post # 11 | Sunday, 13 Feb 2011 - 02:31
Quote (Fermi)
Now I get worried that chief stop coming here because he thinks we are going against Summers wishes
I did not do anything wrong. I made a page tribute about Summer Glau’s ballerina days, which I know she is proud of. She mentions this in several interviews.
All I know is that Summerglauweb made a blog post about a rare discovery an old picture of Summer Glau from her ballerina days.
Summer-Glau.net made a post about the same picture a couple of hour’s later saying that they had the picture all along, but Summer has requested that they should not post it. That post was later edited the pictures and their statement that Summer had requested those things where removed.
One can just have speculations what this is about. Summer Glau Wiki has nothing to do with this, but I don't have anything better to do I can start asking questions.

I had heard erhh read somewhere that, that i think Summer had said something about her not being so maybe proud of being in something before her little ghost ballerina role in Angel episode Waiting in the wings, I thought at that time that maybe it was some kind of local commercial, perhaps that might have gone slightly bad in some way or another.

I did not wish to start an disagreement in anyway with this thread

Fermi Post # 12 | Sunday, 13 Feb 2011 - 04:12
She been gushing about her ballerina days in several interviews.

This is very unlikely, but I don't know Summer, you never know. we'll look in to it.

You are still allowed to post any Summer Glau Ballerina content on this wiki

Fermi Post # 13 | Wednesday, 06 Jul 2011 - 19:09
Quote (KrelleK)
I thought at that time that maybe it was some kind of local commercial, perhaps that might have gone slightly bad in some way or another.

She did some commercial before Angel but fans have not been able to find them online. I read somewhere that she was happy it was so because she was a little embarrassed of those.

Fermi Post # 14 | Wednesday, 06 Jul 2011 - 19:12
Quote (Chief)
Summer has a right to request that this material not be posted. It's her life, not ours.

I would of course take down the pictures if Summer or her reps would have requested that. It has not happen here or at Summerglauweb. Why Summerglau.net took them down I don't know.

termi-ninja-tor Post # 15 | Thursday, 07 Jul 2011 - 07:02
Quote (Fermi)
I would of course take down the pictures if Summer or her reps would have requested that. It has not happen here or at Summerglauweb. Why Summerglau.net took them down I don't know.

I think these pics are quite nice. Summer looks pretty and graceful, and does not really seem to look much younger than she looked in Angel and Firefly. There is nothing wrong with these pics.

If she really doesn't want them shown, she should have had Cristelle leave her request as it was originally posted. And her reps could always contact SummerGlauWiki directly if they had any problem with it. After all this time, surely it must be OK.

Summer-Glau.com Forum » Summer Glau » Summer Glau appreciation » Does Summer disaprove that fans posting ballerina pics?
  • Page 1 of 2
  • »
Search: